Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Ryzer

Arcane
It's Victor but queer.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
But in [Veilguard], in many ways, the companions are so fleshed out that it feels as though I'm going on a journey with them.

"As much as I adore the companions and the journeys I've been on with them in past Dragon Age titles – previously, it feels like companions are going on an adventure with me, the main character, whether it's the Hero of Ferelden or Hawke, you name it. But in [Veilguard], in many ways, the companions are so fleshed out that it feels as though I'm going on a journey with them.
modern bioware writers don't even know what 'main character' means

im sure veilguard will be great.

Basshead

Educated
This games promotional material is very similar to obshitians Avoid™️. Both feature the devs and pr people tempering expectations and making excuses for why basic features are not included. These games are unambitious shit that are going to fail. The ideal fan for something like this doesn’t exist. No one is watching these trailers and thinking wow I can’t way to play this shallow repetitive game with 3 different skills. It’s not interesting tactically, nor is it exciting from an action perspective. How is it that so many fools with terrible taste get into a position where they are managing all this money? That’s how you know the game is rigged. So much incompetence is rewarded. This is the real problem; wealth in reality has no bearing on ability or talent. People pretend it does. For example it’s quite obvious that Imagine Dragons is shit. Retards respond “but it makes money! Hurr Durrr”. It makes money because people are morons that will like whatever they see other people like. This is nothing new, but what’s often missed is that it reflects the shit taste of the executives behind it. The people with the money personally like this stuff and support it. They think it’s quality and have great confidence in it to be successful. That goes for every product out there. The corporate suits with all the money think this shit is great and that you’ll love it too. That’s why the bankroll garbage and cancel anything interesting. Meanwhile fools support this system and think it’s good because capitalism. It must be the social safety nets and society’s rejection of the Jewish mind virus Christianity that’s to blame! It’s not that the entire economic and social system is broken because it rewards greed and stupidity instead of efficiency, talent and real innovation. Don’t look behind the curtain, just follow my hand and look over here. It is painfully obvious that the executives at ea and Microsoft have no fucking clue what makes a game good, or what types of things will resonate with an audience even though they spend millions gathering data on their customers. How can someone be so out of touch when it’s literally their job to understand their customers and they’re compensated so immensely? When it fails the director and developers will take all the heat and be fired despite the fact that many features and demos were made just to appeal to the board.

Camel

Scholar
Gameinformer shills for EA with a whole bunch of nothing article.
veilguard.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/exclus...-dragon-age-series-10-years-after-inquisition
My reaction.
RgDVY5J.jpeg

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
You're assembling a family, and that becomes the core of what the Veilguard is all about. It's about taking this group, this found family, and saving the world, side by side with them.
This sort of neutered wholesome bullshit is so cringe.

BrainMuncher

Educated
This game for some reason reminds me of that Huffington Post photo, when they were trying to brag about how diverse they were but everyone in the photo was the same.

This one:
dxgr6dsca73lhm2vj2tuhb8md2g3q5jmd0thkmfobg0ju3q1wvkxvn3ebod97g3a.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
You're assembling a family, and that becomes the core of what the Veilguard is all about. It's about taking this group, this found family, and saving the world, side by side with them.
This sort of neutered wholesome bullshit is so cringe.

There's a Manson family parallel right there. You have your bio-family who, as the symbol of stiffling tradition, must be discarded in favor of your new family. Your newfound sect of the damaged. Charles Manson was a magnet for rebels without a cause who had a strong antisocial streak. Runaways, psychos and the extremely gullible. All either never had a secure childhood or had some kind of conflicts with their (conservative) parents.

So I don't see that quote as particularly wholesome.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
God I hate these troglodytes,
hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

In the discussion about Bioware, or perhaps our favorite industry in general, too much space is devoted to ideology and politics, as if we were talking about people who have some views beyond Twitter slogans, and not enough about what weak pussies they are. We've gotten used to their baby faces and screams, but this isn't normal. They are not woke because they have read Gramsci, they like woke because the simplest challenges in life terrify them.

In other words, even something as mildly morally challenging and macabre as DA:O's Blood Magic is too much for them. They want to run around the meadows with a rainbow flag in their hands. And this is not hyperbole:

Semiurge

Cipher
hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

In the discussion about Bioware, or perhaps our favorite industry in general, too much space is devoted to ideology and politics, as if we were talking about people who have some views beyond Twitter slogans, and not enough about what weak pussies they are. We've gotten used to their baby faces and screams, but this isn't normal. They are not woke because they have read Gramsci, they like woke because the simplest challenges in life terrify them.

In other words, even something as mildly morally challenging and macabre as DA:O's Blood Magic is too much for them. They want to run around the meadows with a rainbow flag in their hands. And this is not hyperbole:

I thought Cullen was going to go "Bugger this!" like Spike but then he just starts to sing.

Why can't Bioware make a game without cringe?

the mole

Arbiter
Shitposter
hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

sharia law fixes many things

La vie sexuelle

Learned
hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

I thought Cullen was going to go "Bugger this!" like Spike but then he just starts to sing.

I think cringe and the ironic avoidance of cringe is the way these people live. Despite the title of the popular essay, the author is not dead. If this collective author is cringe, the work naturally sums it up.

hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

sharia law fixes many things

Well, you can say a lot about the Taliban or Persian clerics, but certainly not that they are weak people.

People trying to imitate Joss Whedon ruined an entire generation of media.

People*
I can live in a world where games, books and movies are shitty, but when I'm surrounded by shitty people I really don't want to live.

hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

Because BioWare is cringe.

When it comes to cringe, BioWare is like:
GHDaJtYXYAACDHt

9ted6

Educated
hgRqRN6.png

GamesRadar+ article.

It's weird that Bioware holds this cringe up as a hopeful religious group bonding moment they're proud of when they've spent the last two games and half a dozen terrible books shitting on, invalidating and subverting every single religion in the setting and making every religious character look like suckers and fools. Or in Leliana's case making them pragmatic atheists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom