Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Zlaja

Arcane
I think they often just catch retards / poor souls with obsessive-compulsive disorder in this "Deluxe Edition" schemes.
Yep. It must work wonders though. I remember when there was backlash against the whole delux edition/season pass/premium packages idea. Clearly worked well enough that they keep doing it, I guess I myself bought a couple of 'collectors editions' back when. I suppose thats who it 'is for' at some level: big fans of a specific IP - but it sure seems to be mostly whaling nowadays, especially when you see these things for IPs that arent established.

I never cared for any type of extra loot that these Deluxe Editions tend to give you, because that stuff kinda ruins the early game experience for me. Just feels off starting the game with a whole bunch of shiny and expensive looking shit in my inventory. Breaks muh immersion.

Lodis

Educated
Oh wow they actually dragged Morrigan into this shit, wonder how they'll throw the Hero of Ferelden under the bus in this game?

jf8350143

Liturgist
The trailer is much better than the last one.

I'm actually curious to see where they will take the story. Hopefully they give us more answers this time instead of more questions like they always do.

BrainMuncher

Liturgist
The trailer gives me a strange uncanny valley effect. Realistic lighting/rendering but the content isn't realistic.
I tried watching in 480p and it was less disturbing to watch.

DemonKing

Arcane
The Collector's Edition is even more underwhelming than the Deluxe Edition in terms of value:

Dragon-Age-The-Veilguard.jpg

Costs $230 here in Aussieland (c.US$135). I guess the Steelbook looks ok but not at that price.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I think they often just catch retards / poor souls with obsessive-compulsive disorder in this "Deluxe Edition" schemes.
Yep. It must work wonders though. I remember when there was backlash against the whole delux edition/season pass/premium packages idea. Clearly worked well enough that they keep doing it, I guess I myself bought a couple of 'collectors editions' back when. I suppose thats who it 'is for' at some level: big fans of a specific IP - but it sure seems to be mostly whaling nowadays, especially when you see these things for IPs that arent established.

I never cared for any type of extra loot that these Deluxe Editions tend to give you, because that stuff kinda ruins the early game experience for me. Just feels off starting the game with a whole bunch of shiny and expensive looking shit in my inventory. Breaks muh immersion.
Yeh I used to buy them for the cool models you sometimes got, back before they divvied out piles of exclusive in game content. Im still a firm believer in the 'I wish you could unlock stuff through gameplay rather than dlc' camp.

Orange Clock

Novice
Maybe, but I don't think the populations you've mentioned have any strong preferences towards the looks of dragons and giant birds.

I take it you haven't seen the art direction for the newest D&D? Or a plethora of video games. It's by design to be the least offensive to their sensibilities, infantilism (which they suffer from in great numbers), and to repulse normal people. It's been going on for about 10 years now. A bit more perhaps.

Here are some of the newest edition D&D Orcs.

maxresdefault.jpg
How the fuck that rock is still standing under thats orc-chica pressure?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom