Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Lodis

Educated
Oh right I almost forgot that director of the game is a tranny. Explains why all the women in this game look as unappealing as possible. Even token fanservice girl Morrigan looks like shit now. Nobody hates attractive women whether real or fictional more than trannies.

Semiurge

Cipher
Oh right I almost forgot that director of the game is a tranny. Explains why all the women in this game look as unappealing as possible. Even token fanservice girl Morrigan looks like shit now. Nobody hates attractive women whether real or fictional more than trannies.

It's like representation for a specific handicap. Be it the five o'clock shadow, the low voice or the odd bulkiness of the frame and a lack of fat deposits, they want these features to be represented in every game. Essentially they want their kind not only represented, but made the norm in entertainment. This is their way of becoming real women in the eyes of modern consumers, I guess. Through media mass-saturation.

This goes hand-in-hand with the current blurring of all known lines and natural limits, of right and wrong also. You're witnessing cultural devastation.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Here's the stats on IGN's upload of the same trailer, so you can see what a uh, "non-sponsored" version looks like. Yes, the percentage math is fucky, it's closer to a 50% dislike ratio.

1723827869405.png

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's that time where the Codex starts analyzing every little piece of info for a game they all claim is TOTAL ASSPOOP AND THAT THEY WOULD NEVER EVER PLAY

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Why is everyone freaking out over Morrigan? That bitch was one of the most annoying characters they made. The only reason she ever made it to the end of a playthrough is because of the ritual she offers in order to survive. And even that is sketchy as all shit.
And she's not hot. At all. Are you all blind? Have you not seen hot characters? WTF....

Bulo

Scholar
I'd like to replay Origins for the main story. It's a fun little political drama with monsters thrown in, like a less pretentious Game of Thrones. Unfortunately the gameplay stinks

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Why is everyone freaking out over Morrigan? That bitch was one of the most annoying characters they made. The only reason she ever made it to the end of a playthrough is because of the ritual she offers in order to survive.
Doesn't she offer it somewhat near the end anyway? Meaning you had to have a different reason to keep her around until then?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Why is everyone freaking out over Morrigan? That bitch was one of the most annoying characters they made. The only reason she ever made it to the end of a playthrough is because of the ritual she offers in order to survive.
Doesn't she offer it somewhat near the end anyway? Meaning you had to have a different reason to keep her around until then?
She is a mage. Put her in the party with Wynn and it is easy mode unleashed.

Aarwolf

Learned

And a crappy one, because of feats wasted on shapeshifting, which I never used. I played as a mage myself, and she was a forever backbenched, alone and forgotten in her tent.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

And a crappy one, because of feats wasted on shapeshifting, which I never used. I played as a mage myself, and she was a forever backbenched, alone and forgotten in her tent.
Virulent walking bomb, and I believe she was already on the tree towards mana clash.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why is everyone freaking out over Morrigan? That bitch was one of the most annoying characters they made. The only reason she ever made it to the end of a playthrough is because of the ritual she offers in order to survive. And even that is sketchy as all shit.
And she's not hot. At all. Are you all blind? Have you not seen hot characters? WTF....
She's that goth girl you always wanted to screw but were to afraid to talk to her because you (correctly) considered yourself too lame for her attention.

Well, in DAO you could finally talk to her and more!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Or play a male mage, join forces with Morrigan and completely forget about the granny.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Nobody said DAO was bad.
I can assure you that the more prestigious Codexers have asserted that Dragon Age: Origins is a bad game, as with everything developed by Bioware after Shattered Steel. :martini:
While I'm all about shitting on Bioware, fact is that DAO was very well received. Maybe it was because of the drought of actual RPGs at the time but even here the general opinion is that it is an alright game. Without the usual Codex Revisionism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom