Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Shaja

Educated
Can you guys just go outside and suck each other's dick and stop going off-topic in this thread?

Fargus

Arcane
How the hell have we come from this:

4VS0CYB.jpeg

and this:

opZM8a7.jpeg

to this:

SO37M5L.jpeg

and this:

EU28AbJ.png

It's madness.
Did we?

View attachment 53803

Did we really?

In Sacred Ashes CGI trailer Morrigan looks like poorly aged trophy wife that is tipsy on wine all day and hates her husband. But in the game all characters look awful anyway because facegen is slightly above Oblivion tier.

Trailer Leliana was fucking nice tho

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I recall one of the animators for Mass Effect being pissy when people said the quality wasn't good. Bioware thinks they're doing a good job.

Shitposter
I recall one of the animators for Mass Effect being pissy when people said the quality wasn't good. Bioware thinks they're doing a good job.
Nice logic leap there, pizcut.

Does not mean you're wrong, you're entitled for an opinion, but I think we need to call out mental retardation when we see one.

Appreciate the offer but I'll stick in my comfort zone with body type 2's
You would've love sucking dick, I can tell. Oh well.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
How the hell have we come from this:

4VS0CYB.jpeg

and this:

opZM8a7.jpeg

to this:

SO37M5L.jpeg

and this:

EU28AbJ.png

It's madness.
Did we?

View attachment 53803

Did we really?

In Sacred Ashes CGI trailer Morrigan looks like poorly aged trophy wife that is tipsy on wine all day and hates her husband. But in the game all characters look awful anyway because facegen is slightly above Oblivion tier.

Trailer Leliana was fucking nice tho
The model Morrigan is based off in the trailer isn't that bad, but she certainly isn't top tier and has a manjaw from certain angles. Leliana's one is far more waifu.

Lodis

Educated
Why is Reddit pretending these characters are attractive? The Qunari bitch look more manly than any other Qunari in the franchise, the indian chick looks like a tranny and the dwarf looks like someone shit freckles on her face.

Fargus

Arcane
Because beauty is dead.

Also i guess if you say these characters are ugly and woke you're going to get ratiod on Preddit and maybe banned.

Looks like Morrigan peaked with Inquisition. I guess the Troon mafia or whatever forgot to uglify her or something. How is that possible. I thought attractive women are not allowed in my vidya.

Semiurge

Cipher
What the fuck are some of those cheap cartoonish monster designs about? They look as if they've arrived out of a bad knockoff of a Pixar movie.

Failtard-4.jpg

Failtard-2.jpg

The art direction generally looks soulless and plastic.

The pet griffin is supposed to be cute, as is everything else apparently. The Dragon Age visual style was always a weird mishmash of cartoony and ridiculous blood splatter, never realistic and dark like The Witcher series. It's like their art direction is in a feedback loop with Tumbler fanart, both influencing one another. They know their fanbase likes infantilism.

The Witcher 3, nine years ago:

PxoKlv2.png

Make no mistake, this games art stylings are meant to appeal to their target demographic. Homosexuals, blacks, transexuals, and white liberal women.
Maybe, but I don't think the populations you've mentioned have any strong preferences towards the looks of dragons and giant birds.

Oh but they do. Homosexuals and trans cover the furry crowd, and they like things cute and andropomorphic. And so do women on average.

Don't forget when you preorder to pay extra for the Deluxe Edition with all these sweet cosmetics:

datv-deluxe.jpg

Why do these pre order armors always look so shitty?

In this case it's probably because they're discarded designs or something. Usually it's the best that are saved for DLC.

That's quite a man's chest

lord-have-mercy-neve-looks-good-v0-4jbjzgv36vid1.png

star-wars-admiral-ackbar.gif

Indeed. The visible pectorals could be there to make the character more trans-firendly, in case some like to imagine the pajeet as that.

I've noticed the same thing about character designs for "the modern audience". Rarely are they exclusively male or female in appearance, there's often some qualities that blur the lines and make you guess if the character is actually the opposite of what they seem at first. According to the inclusivity princible they have succeeded if you come to the conclusion that a character may indeed be trans, and a relatively passable one at that. There's also a kind of irony there, for the modern troon doesn't even want to pass because that would mean they would be indistinquishable from the average woman. It would mean they'd lose their snowflake status and become mundane. Looking queer and freaky is the pinnacle of modern aesthetics, this is about the outcast wanting to stay an outcast so that they may be given a special position of power in the new world order. It's really not very different from anti-fashion statements of the past that screamed "Accept us as we are, you uptight conservatives!", except for the fact that these freaks outside of conformist society have political backing now and are becoming mainstream.

Was that Morrigan in the trailer? The bird chick.
asBkkBx.jpeg
Getting kinda similar to mommy Flemeth, I guess?

Even mommy Flemeth showed more skin.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Indeed. The visible pectorals could be there to make the character more trans-firendly, in case some like to imagine the pajeet as that.
The breasts on the male mc should as well.

Those look more like big pecs than breasts. I doubt that's ever going to happen anyway. Trans-men aren't really as important in the ideology as trans-women, just because of their lower numbers, and even they must know that male characters with visible boobs would just look ridiculous to everyone.

I take back the claim that male characters are becoming more effeminate, for it doesn't look like that's the case. It's only the female characters that are becoming "trans-friendly". Makes perfect sense in a world where everything old is sexist.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom