Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

MjKorz

Educated
What the fuck are some of those cheap cartoonish monster designs about? They look as if they've arrived out of a bad knockoff of a Pixar movie.

Failtard-4.jpg

Failtard-2.jpg

The art direction generally looks soulless and plastic.
Art direction is the last of this game's concerns. It will live or die by the quality of its cinematic dialogue and companion story focus experience.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Art direction is the last of this game's concerns. It will live or die by the quality of its cinematic dialogue and companion story focus experience.

Make no mistake, this games art stylings are meant to appeal to their target demographic. Homosexuals, blacks, transexuals, and white liberal women.

MjKorz

Educated
Make no mistake, this games art stylings are meant to appeal to their target demographic. Homosexuals, blacks, transexuals, and white liberal women.
Maybe, but I don't think the populations you've mentioned have any strong preferences towards the looks of dragons and giant birds.

Shaja

Educated
What the fuck are some of those cheap cartoonish monster designs about? They look as if they've arrived out of a bad knockoff of a Pixar movie.

Failtard-4.jpg

Failtard-2.jpg

They still have a couple of months to polish , but nevertheless Inquisition at alpha/beta already had incredible detailed dragons:

71UNDNS10+L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Joryyyy

Literate
I forget how aggressively boomer the Codex users are. I suppose you guys have not seen how strongly disliked the trailer was and how many videos and posts were made shiting on it for not feeling and looking like dragon age.

Surprise! The conversation has moved onto the current topic. Which was the release date trailer that happened to be shown today. What is so hard to understand about that?
Seethe but alright, what is there to discuss about the release date trailer? It is in the end of October and the art style is still cartoonist, ugly and garbage. Nothing new was showed, only more of the same. Might as well speculate about the release and potential fallout from it

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

Failtard-4.jpg

Yeah, the griffon in particular is a tragedy, I am a sucker for pets in video games so it's disappointing to see the wasted potential.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Maybe, but I don't think the populations you've mentioned have any strong preferences towards the looks of dragons and giant birds.

I take it you haven't seen the art direction for the newest D&D? Or a plethora of video games. It's by design to be the least offensive to their sensibilities, infantilism (which they suffer from in great numbers), and to repulse normal people. It's been going on for about 10 years now. A bit more perhaps.

Here are some of the newest edition D&D Orcs.

maxresdefault.jpg

EtcEtcEtc

Savant

You got the three out of four right.

Black people aren't going to play this shit.

MjKorz

Educated
I take it you haven't seen the art direction for the newest D&D? Or a plethora of video games. It's by design to be the least offensive to their sensibilities, infantilism (which they suffer from in great numbers), and to repulse normal people. It's been going on for about 10 years now. A bit more perhaps.

Here are some of the newest edition D&D Orcs.
What you're talking about applies to characters like Davrin, T(r)aash and Bellara. I was commenting about the dragon and griffon designs. I don't think the groups you've mentioned have any strong preferences regarding the looks of dragons and griffons.

jackofshadows

Magister
Yeah they've definitely pulled the fail switch with the white (relatively) Rook and even Morri (who forgot to wear her burka for some reason) on top. But too little too late. It looks as DA:I reboot but worse. So pathetic.

Fargus

Arcane
They are baiting old fans i see. Would be funny if they do character assassination of Morrigan like Larian did it to Viconia.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
They are baiting old fans i see. Would be funny if they do character assassination of Morrigan like Larian did it to Viconia.
Oh come on, first oа gaider's abulous meltdowns were about how leliana could be alive when she had her head chopped off during Ashes battle when striking a deal of desecrateon. I doubt current bioware could even understand the concept of consequences of actions from previous games.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Marketing must be at full throttle because this thread has seemingly switched from 'this game will be shit' to 'this game will be shit but day 1 purchase take my money Ill do anything to consoom'.

Be interesting to see how the thread changes and whether all the people complaining are playing it end to end or if it will just be someone like in the Starfield or Star Citizen thread, abandoned but for one or two shills defending it.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
What you're talking about applies to characters like Davrin, T(r)aash and Bellara. I was commenting about the dragon and griffon designs. I don't think the groups you've mentioned have any strong preferences regarding the looks of dragons and griffons.

They want to fuck and be fucked by the dragons and griffons.
4mwttin7lzv51.png
uHIMeQNB_fVHw_1024.webp

Be interesting to see how the thread changes and whether all the people complaining are playing it end to end or if it will just be someone like in the Starfield or Star Citizen thread, abandoned but for one or two shills defending it.

It will end up like the Starfield thread. A retard or two like Vic and that other freak will shill, while someone will pop into the thread from time to time to stir shit up.

damager

Liturgist
I think they often just catch retards / poor souls with obsessive-compulsive disorder in this "Deluxe Edition" schemes.

Silvanus

Novice
Why are you "uniting" the Veilguard? Do they all hate each other? Are they people of importance? It should be just be "recruiting these BG3 rejects."
Maybe they're attempting a throwback to Origins? Uniting the various factions within Ferelden made for a nice storyline with lots of varied scenery, and it was probably the last decent DA game.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I think they often just catch retards / poor souls with obsessive-compulsive disorder in this "Deluxe Edition" schemes.
Yep. It must work wonders though. I remember when there was backlash against the whole delux edition/season pass/premium packages idea. Clearly worked well enough that they keep doing it, I guess I myself bought a couple of 'collectors editions' back when. I suppose thats who it 'is for' at some level: big fans of a specific IP - but it sure seems to be mostly whaling nowadays, especially when you see these things for IPs that arent established.

damager

Liturgist
It makes sense when you get an actual big box with neat stuff in it and you are a huge geek for it. But some fuckin codes for some ingame items for 60 dollars and a digital map? Get outta here, what silly manchild would buy that shit?

These motherfuckers deserve nothing but getting pirated. Don't buy games if it's not some indy passion project from some good guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom