Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
Remember "Islamic Borg"? Boy they backpedalled on that one.

I wish they hadn't. I would love to watch them squirm and try to come up with ways they can make the qunari click with the game lore without their caste system being a constant reminder of the unholy quasi-alliance the marxists and muslims have in real life. One that cannot suffer any resistance or ideological competition.

But they chose the coward's way, a sudden retcon. I guess it was a bit too close to home.

Semiurge

Cipher
Morrigan is a Shapeshifter...
Yeah, she shifts into uglier and uglier iterations.

At least she ages realistically, like milk. In Origins her age is unknown, but all things considered she can't be older than around 25, probably much younger. I don't know if the passing of time since Origins is stated in Inquisition, but Morrigan's kid looks around 10 years old. In Veilguard Morrigan could be anything between 30 to 45 if few years have passed after Inquisition, so she's obviously not in her "full power" anymore.
Let’s not pretend it’s realistic or anything—she’s a powerful sorceress and could just stay young forever because of magic, you know. The character is made unattractive to avoid the male gaze and to not appeal to white men specifically. That’s all there is to it.
Cullen looks the exact same in all games in terms of age and he is arguably much better looking in Inquisition than on Origins or 2. Then again he isnt a woman so no 'hitting the wall' concerns for him.

Cullen is a fanfiction favorite and a man, so he's immune to downgrades. All females must be sacrificed for the cause.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
You know that you sound like someone eating shit and bragging that your shit tastes a little better than the other shit?
Or maybe you are too fucking stupid to play Starfield? Maybe you need some kind of action cutscene every 12.5 seconds and nudity thrown in your face or your little ADHD addled zoomer brain is going to struggle paying attention otherwise?

You do realize your opinion is a boring, normie opinion, right? You're not being clever or smug. You're just a fucking drone in an echo chamber. NPC#1253 said Starfield is shit. Give this man a blowjob and a Nobel prize.

Fucking moron.

Aarwolf

Learned
Oh sweet, you just did a full-on tantrum like a three year old when his mother refused to buy him candies.

Mortmal

Arcane
1KE2jHT.png

Look, Wukong is on top. It's a slow month, which shows since the Steam Deck is also on top. Yet despite it being a slow month, Veilguard is nowhere to be seen on this page.

Elttharion

Learned
1KE2jHT.png

Look, Wukong is on top. It's a slow month, which shows since the Steam Deck is also on top. Yet despite it being a slow month, Veilguard is nowhere to be seen on this page.
:deadtroll:

Edit: Bear in mind that the drop off once you are out of the top 10 is massive, I once saw a dev say that his game was in the top 20 while making only a couple thousand dollars a week.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Really curious what's happening at the Bioware HQ right now. Imagine the meltdown :)
If you think the type of people who makes something like this has any conception of reality, I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

It will all be forced positivity until the higher ups call a morning meeting on a monday.

I'm assuming the office is basically a 1:1 mirror of the subreddit, which continues to be non-stop hilarious.

1724089464314.png

1724089502837.png

lol wut. That's the actual screenshot they attached. holy

1724089660837.png

Semiurge

Cipher
Really curious what's happening at the Bioware HQ right now. Imagine the meltdown :)
If you think the type of people who makes something like this has any conception of reality, I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

It will all be forced positivity until the higher ups call a morning meeting on a monday.

I'm assuming the office is basically a 1:1 mirror of the subreddit, which continues to be non-stop hilarious.

View attachment 53988

View attachment 53990

View attachment 53992

dO9r6ws.gif

Shaja

Educated

View attachment 53988

View attachment 53990

View attachment 53992
"Generically handsome"

How dare those ultra conservatives from Bioware putting a handsome caucasian male as the preset for the trailer. :argh:

PlayerEmers

Educated
1KE2jHT.png

I think the steam deck have been on top 10 consistently since forever, but thats only because the top sellers chart takes total revenue in consideration, not units sold/units count ( easy for something that costs $500+ to be on top 10 everytime).
But Veilguard losing in revenue to 3 indie games (one is a 2 years old game and one is an early access game) is really telling.

PirateScum

Augur
If bioware is smarter they should throw 10 different romance scenes in their first trailer, including one with the griffin involved.

They are still try to catch the old fanbase instead of fully embrace the new degenerate ones. Now they are stuck in between where either side doesn't like them.

Still I like the series' story and want to see what happens next so I'll play it. Combat doesn't look good but the series never had good combat so whatever.
There is no series story. Dragon Age is the most comically mismanaged series in existence. Each entry just does its own thing with zero regard for what came before.
Not defending Dragon Age or anything but that award already goes to Piranha Bytes games.

Silvanus

Novice
According to Steamdb, Veilgourd is 62 on the current top-selling list (right behind Battlefield V and above Alien: Isolation lol), and 43rd most wishlisted.
I can only assume that the new Bioware strategy is to take so long between releases that everyone forgets how awful your last game was.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If bioware is smarter they should throw 10 different romance scenes in their first trailer, including one with the griffin involved.

They are still try to catch the old fanbase instead of fully embrace the new degenerate ones. Now they are stuck in between where either side doesn't like them.

Still I like the series' story and want to see what happens next so I'll play it. Combat doesn't look good but the series never had good combat so whatever.
There is no series story. Dragon Age is the most comically mismanaged series in existence. Each entry just does its own thing with zero regard for what came before.
Not defending Dragon Age or anything but that award already goes to Piranha Bytes games.
There's some stiff competition out there. Bethesda deserve credit for taking 15+ years to release a follow-up to Skyrim.

Bulo

Scholar
There's some stiff competition out there. Bethesda deserve credit for taking 15+ years to release a follow-up to Skyrim.
There were five years between Oblivion and Skyrim. Upwards of fifteen between Skyrim and 6. That's a three-times multiplier. Ergo, Elder Scrolls 7 will release 45 years after 6

Mortmal

Arcane
1KE2jHT.png

I think the steam deck have been on top 10 consistently since forever, but thats only because the top sellers chart takes total revenue in consideration, not units sold/units count ( easy for something that costs $500+ to be on top 10 everytime).
But Veilguard losing in revenue to 3 indie games (one is a 2 years old game and one is an early access game) is really telling.

It's worth noting, too, that Wukong was not well received and trashed by 'professional' reviewers for the lack of diversity...

Had a funny story yesterday. I was browsing our favorite autistic forum, the Kingdom Come 2 thread specifically . My nephew saw my screen and was all, 'WOW, IT'S KINGDOM COME 2! Is it out ALREADY? You have it ALREADY?' Me: Calm down, nephew. It's just a forum and screenshots.

So, he's really excited for Kingdom Come 2. He's the next generation, the modern audience, a kid, but he's never talking about the new BioWare game, doesn't want it, and doesn't want the Starfield DLC either. I’m clearly not the audience for BioWare games anymore,i am clearly not the audience for the entertainement industry for like a decade now , but the new generation isn’t either. So do they expect to make up $200 million by catering to reddit Veilguard queer fans alone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom