Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

BruceVC

Magister
The average Veilguard enjoyer:
"
I am a fan of the series for the very reason people hate on it: diversity and inclusion.

I never played such types of games before. My first Dragon Age game was Inquisition, which I encountered during play breaks in my office. One of my senior coworkers was playing the game and always chose Dorian as his teammate. He often spoke to Dorian outside of missions and completed his loyalty mission.
Don't know what happened, but one day he sat with us at the table during lunch and said, "Guys, I am a homosexual person."

When I played Dragon Age: Inquisition and encountered the characters and the world, I found it amazing to learn how it may have empowered my coworker to accept and embrace his sexual orientation. It was the first time I saw a game positively influence someone.
Unfortunately, he has left the company, but I see him on Instagram and admire his confidence, which he didn't have at the same level when he was working here (perhaps my company didn't do enough to support LGBTQ employees, I am unsure). I've seen him volunteering at pride events and participating in protests against government attempts to restrict homosexual rights.

Whether you call it a sickness or a natural process, I don't know what your political orientation is... But Dragon Age is definitely a series that has impacted many individuals. The writing and world have empowered countless people, whether they are hiding their sexual orientation, are disabled, or simply want to be heroes in a game world when they can't be in the real world. This game series is amazing in every way."
And I have no issue with that, I support inclusivity and this is a story how a game helped someone being honest about there sexual orientation

I have had several gay friends and I am surprised he needed a game to come out the closet but if it worked for him thats a positive

But my point is dont ignore straight gamers, inclusivity means everyone should be included. And my criticism is there is a dearth of attractive women in games for straight men

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives. We're arguably seeing the former happening though not as quickly as I would like. The latter will inevitably come just like it always has throughout the other periods of human history when these nutters gained power and pushed too far. If only because their goals are simply not at all sustainable in reality.
Maybe in 2033?

Artyoan

Prophet
It's not so much that they want to avoid objectification. They do that, quite openly. The issue is a staggering amount of people these days in the industry are prone to autogynephilia and so the aesthetics and character designs reflect that.

These people aggressively radicalise each other until everything they do revolves around subversion.

At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives. We're arguably seeing the former happening though not as quickly as I would like. The latter will inevitably come just like it always has throughout the other periods of human history when these nutters gained power and pushed too far. If only because their goals are simply not at all sustainable in reality.
I wouldn't say they are 'prone to autogynephilia' so much as progressives developed a social atmosphere that both encourages self destruction and empowers cluster B personalities to do what they want. That means the people who dwell within this social structure end up reliably mentally ill and compensate by performing aggressive social punishment on each other and notably on any out-group. Even the slightest pushback gets severe consequences internally so no uprising occurs against any of these from within the group. Given how often they accuse others of toxicity, they are the ultimate form of it.

That's how you end up with social contagions resulting in child mutilation and institutions, filled out by these same people, aiding and abetting the contagion and mutilation. There is no limiting factor as to do so is bigotry/racism/sexism/phobia. It really is a manifestation of the worst aspects of human nature. The kind that could throw children in a volcano to appease the gods for better weather.

As noted from those external to the group, progressive ideology infusing entertainment has gone hand-in-hand with lower quality and hyper aggressive signaling to conform to those same dictates they impose on themselves. The idea that all aspects of the decline are corporate managements fault is laughable to me.

abija

Prophet
The average Veilguard enjoyer:
"
I am a fan of the series for the very reason people hate on it: diversity and inclusion.

I never played such types of games before ...

That seems written by whoever is in charge to justify their abhorrent decisions.

Lodis

Educated
Do we know if there are any hot women you can Romance? I mean like Isabela in DA2, Viconia in BG or Josephine in DA:I
Hot women like Josephine? Really?

iW2iuSv.jpeg

And while DA2 Isabella was decent eye candy she's literally a walking petri dish of STDs. You need better standards man.
Oh come on, DAI at least had Cassandra..
how-to-romance-cassandra-in-dragon-age-inquisition.png

She way better looking than anything in Veilguard and this comes from someone that hated Inquisition.
I like Cassandra for the simple fact that she makes those obsessed with gay romances in game (so majority of BioWare’s fanbase at this point) seethe because she’s unapologetically straight.

babayaga

Educated
How many people are going to genuinely buy the game?
Lefties seem more interested in it than Dusborn, and Concord, but I'm not sure if it's just an empty talk to appear virtuous.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
At this point the entire industry needs a hard reset and society at large requires a purge of unhinged ideologues and subversives.
If only it was that simple. Video games are by large and far consumed by young people with developing minds. Younglings who haven't gotten a good grasp of their masculinity/femininity. Young minds that are malleable and easy to influence. When these fiends target entertainment to push their harmful grift it results in dire consequences. For instance, developing boys will question their sexuality when they get exposed to this grift at an early age - there's a reason why countries that employ aggressive propaganda always target children since they're easy to indoctrinate and will grow up being sympathetic to the cause; and there's also a reason why those tranny freaks do books reading for children about gender identity.

Now I don't know how many kids are going to stop playing their Among Us, Fortnites, and Minecrafts to buy Dragon Ass the Vile Guard but nonetheless the methodologies to indoctrinate, confuse, and influence should be fought against all the same.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Lefties seem more interested in it than Dusborn, and Concord, but I'm not sure if it's just an empty talk to appear virtuous.
They are leftards. ALWAYS bet on empty talk to appear virtuous. They have nothing else.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I like Cassandra for the simple fact that she makes those obsessed with gay romances in game (so majority of BioWare’s fanbase at this point) seethe because she’s unapologetically straight.
Hey, the gays got a hot elven chick to romance. :smug:

DAI was the game where Bioware started to make females intentionally ugly. Before it could be lack of skill or the game engine, but in DAI and all games after that it was a design choice.

BruceVC

Magister
I generally play all Bioware games but it will be years from release date and I will wait for sales specials

There are no games that I dont play unless its a specific genre that I never play

Camel

Scholar
The left: Inserts troon ideology with gross top surgery scars from self-mutiliation into the RPG.
Also the left: Noooo, you're a culture war tourist for noticing and commenting on it.
Zznv4uS.png

Lodis

Educated
The left: Inserts troon ideology with gross top surgery scars from self-mutiliation into the RPG.
Also the left: Noooo, you're a culture war tourist for noticing and commenting on it.
Zznv4uS.png
The entire subreddit is a complete clown show. I saw one poor soul lamenting the fact that he couldn’t make big booty bitches only to get dogpiled and downvoted.

Saw another post by a woman(this is reddit so take that with a grain of salt) complaining about not being able to make a curvy female character only for people to say that “alternative” body shapes need more representation so stop being negative.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hey, the gays got a hot elven chick to romance. :smug:

DAI was the game where Bioware started to make females intentionally ugly. Before it could be lack of skill or the game engine, but in DAI and all games after that it was a design choice.
Not only that. They removed the female style of walking (allegedly after the criticism of oversexualized way of Isabella's walking in DA2), so females in DAI are not only ugly, they also move like gorillas. No movement of hips, arms hanging down, the whole figure bent forward. It's quite off-putting.

Last edited:

babayaga

Educated
Saw another post by a woman(this is reddit so take that with a grain of salt) complaining about not being able to make a curvy female character only for people to say that “alternative” body shapes need more representation so stop being negative.
Americans are fat fucks. You can guarantee that there will be a curvy American woman playing this game that will not be able to build her body because it would be sexist to include her body type as it caters to the male fantasy. Same for beautiful thin curvy women. They exist. Go to gym, you'll see them and it might be shocking to some but a couple of them play games too.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Do we know if there are any hot women you can Romance? I mean like Isabela in DA2, Viconia in BG or Josephine in DA:I
Hot women like Josephine? Really?

iW2iuSv.jpeg

And while DA2 Isabella was decent eye candy she's literally a walking petri dish of STDs. You need better standards man.
Oh come on, DAI at least had Cassandra..
how-to-romance-cassandra-in-dragon-age-inquisition.png

She way better looking than anything in Veilguard and this comes from someone that hated Inquisition.
That'll probably never exist again. Every RPG party member post bg3 must be a pansexual weirdo.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The steam forums are a fiesta. People are getting banned, having threads locked, all for speaking the truth about this body mutilation shit; and of course its always the liberals as to whom are for this crap as well as censoring people's freedom of speech. Funny how it's always, always, the left that is quick to censor you as well as revoke your constitutional right by either labeling it as hate speech or banning you entirely from the discussion. Bunch of fucking faggots brainwashing our kids to be confused about their biology and then celebrating it as if it's something good. It's blasphemy, anathema, to commit such sacrilege on the human body; if god wanted you to be a woman he would have made you one, instead he made you a man for a reason, to go against that is not only profane but heresy.

I hate how this is infesting my video games.

We're going to have a whole generation of confused children because of these cunts - I hope they all burn in hell.
I find the notion that if you are on the left, even just slightly, you must defend the product pushing it. Even if it turns your stomach (Or at least should). An example that I experienced recently happened when watching some morning TV, and they are usually pretty level-headed, even for always leaning “progressive”. They started talking about Rings of Power, and the fucker liked it. Praised it, and said the only ones that didn't like it were the most difficult Tolkien defenders sitting in a corner somewhere. Jesus, just because you lean left politically, you don't have to like bad writing, demonic acts of savagery against children or products so shitty you want to renounce gaming/movie watching all together. I don't get it, have the lines been drawn that hard now? Or is everyone in on it? This feels more and more alien to me.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
The steam forums are a fiesta. People are getting banned, having threads locked, all for speaking the truth about this body mutilation shit; and of course its always the liberals as to whom are for this crap as well as censoring people's freedom of speech. Funny how it's always, always, the left that is quick to censor you as well as revoke your constitutional right by either labeling it as hate speech or banning you entirely from the discussion. Bunch of fucking faggots brainwashing our kids to be confused about their biology and then celebrating it as if it's something good. It's blasphemy, anathema, to commit such sacrilege on the human body; if god wanted you to be a woman he would have made you one, instead he made you a man for a reason, to go against that is not only profane but heresy.

We're going to have a whole generation of confused children because of these cunts - I hope they all burn in hell.
I find the notion that if you are on the left, even just slightly, you must defend the product pushing it. Even if it turns your stomach (Or at least should). An example that I experienced recently happened when watching some morning TV, and they are usually pretty level-headed, even for always leaning “progressive”. They started talking about Rings of Power, and the fucker liked it. Praised it, and said the only ones that didn't like it were the most difficult Tolkien defenders sitting in a corner somewhere. Jesus, just because you lean left politically, you don't have to like bad writing, demonic acts of savagery against children or products so shitty you want to renounce gaming/movie watching all together. I don't get it, have the lines been drawn that hard now? Or is everyone in on it? This feels more and more alien to me.
Why would you be on the left in 2024 unless you're a degenerate weirdo? At least in America the center was shifted so far left in the last 20 years. So if you're center left, yeah pretty much you support weirdo degenerate crap

Necrensha

Educated
They must. Being part of the club means also defending it from external enemies at all times, every member of the club must be praised and told that they are beautiful, no matter if it is the biggest TV flop of all time.
And the enemy being in this case everybody and everything that isn't part of the cult.
Anyone who fails to follow this rule is instantly expelled.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why would you be on the left in 2024 unless you're a degenerate weirdo? At least in America the center was shifted so far left in the last 20 years. So if you're center left, yeah pretty much you support weirdo degenerate crap
That's true, I guess I'm still speaking from the olden days, when left didn't mean total insane daemon thing. Now, it's only daemons and people to the right of them.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

"Slightly on the left" in current year is basically far left of catshitbarrel.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Zznv4uS.png
The entire subreddit is a complete clown show. I saw one poor soul lamenting the fact that he couldn’t make big booty bitches only to get dogpiled and downvoted.

Can't have shit , not even Big Booty Bitches are safe in this economy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom