Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Honestly, that CGI pic looks like shit, while the character looked like rage of bahamut genesis. Any news of how many episodes?

The character is CGI too, which makes it seem kind of weird how bad the dragon looks.

I've been wanting to pick this game up again. I've had so many false starts over the years, but this thread just keeps on going and the fact it gets so much praise makes me keep coming back.

I'm playing this one on the Switch. I like the system but the joycons are god-awful, with really bad deadzones that make first/third-person aiming really unwieldy and shit in my view.

So my question is... how precise does an archer class need to be with their aim? Are there any classes that would be specifically fun for a newcomer where aiming is minimal? I've thought about playing a melee class but I've always assumed you'd get wrecked as a newbie playing one.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I could be terribly wrong here since it's many years I played the game, but if I recall correctly the archer class is the only one that actually has to manually aim. The casters have a couple of targetted spells but I believe the game just picks the closest enemy for those.
I remember really enjoying playing Strider and Assassin. You should be fine if you make your pawn a fighter to have them face the enemies in melee combat and then hire a healer through the rift (or vice versa)

Yeah, I want to say archery stuff, by which I mean the ordinary plain Jane bow, is the only third person shooting in the game. The normal magic classes are lock-on from what I remember, and the Magick Archer works something like how you tag enemies to shoot in Panzer Dragoon.

Delterius

Arcane
Arcane Archer doesn't need to aim either, tbh. Mages and Sorcerers only have to aim ground spells, which isn't much of an aim, and fireballs if they want to hit something really far away.

Black

Arcane
I've been wanting to pick this game up again. I've had so many false starts over the years, but this thread just keeps on going and the fact it gets so much praise makes me keep coming back.

I'm playing this one on the Switch. I like the system but the joycons are god-awful, with really bad deadzones that make first/third-person aiming really unwieldy and shit in my view.

So my question is... how precise does an archer class need to be with their aim? Are there any classes that would be specifically fun for a newcomer where aiming is minimal? I've thought about playing a melee class but I've always assumed you'd get wrecked as a newbie playing one.
Since no one called you out on buying a game that is much better on PC let me be the first.

Delterius

Arcane
Since no one called you out on buying a game that is much better on PC let me be the first.

It doesn't matter on which platform you buy Dragon's Dogma, as long as you truly believe it will further the cause to see a sequel, eventually.
True disciples of the Dragon's Dogma buy it at least four times, naturally.
Twice on switch to give it to your child because we've been waiting that long.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Pawns being belligerent dumbasses should never change. I want to go to work knowing that my pawn is in someone else's world being an endearing fuck-up yet every now and then saving the day. Warms the old cockles of the heart.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
I remember reading about the drama the pawn ratings generated in the gamefaqs and DDDA subreddit.

It has been a few years but it still makes me chuckle thinking about it.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Naturally I go to the DD wiki to see if there are any giant spiders since the ones they have in game are small and stupidly weak. Look at these faggoty comments:

I respect that as a fantasy rpg Dragon's Dogma doesn't have the overused 'giant spider' enemy, instead they're probably the size of big real life spiders (maybe? I'm no spider expert).

Pussy

I'm glad they didn't. I fucking hate spiders and it's so refreshing having a medieval game without them. Well, barely without them. Those things are small enough to not bother me (much).

Raised by a single mother

fuck you whoever put spiders in the game. just fuck you entirely good sir. iits like they didn't have any spiders but put it in there to troll the arachnaphobes such as myself.

Wonders why they can't attract a woman

Just goes to show what not putting giant, grotesque and terrifying spiders in your game does.

Arachnophobes are half-men, hobbits of decline.

And before somebody gets all cute, I know about Bilbo's exploits and what happened to Shelob. Shut ya damn MOUF.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Question, but do certain enemies only come out between day/night or is it random spawning? I recently got my ass handed to me by a skeleton knight and when I went back to get revenge he was no longer there and I'm mad pissed about that because I want my runback when I'm at full health and two levels higher. Come back you boney backed BITCH.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No worries, just come back to this thread after you check out Bitterblack Isle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom