Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Tips for Sorcerers on Golems (Because I didn't see this anywhere else)

- Throwblasts/Dragon's Spit are your best friends for killing Golem disks. In fact, these are great for any enemy with high magic resistance, such as Maneaters from DA.
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Throwblast
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon’s_Spit

- Bolide/High Bolide CAN do a meaningful amount of damage to Golem disks (Rock or Metal). Gicel or Seism don't despite them appearing to be able to do physical damage.

- Use spells like Comestion/High Comestion to knock Rock Golems over so you can get to the disk on their foot.

- For Metal Golems, hire a Ranger Pawn and use the 'Go!' command near out of reach disks to force the Ranger to attack them. They WILL attack the disks: you just may need spam the Go! command a couple times.

Edit: And as usual make sure they aren't of a shitty inclination, like Guardian. Scather/Challenger/Mitgator works best.

deuxhero

Arcane
Huh, never considered using Dragon's Spit/Throwblast. I guess I finally found a use for them beyond those Saurian nests.

DragoFireheart

Huh, never considered using Dragon's Spit/Throwblast. I guess I finally found a use for them beyond those Saurian nests.

1 Throwblast = 1 destroyed Metal Golem disc.

Yeah, I was shocked too when I did this. They are much more useful than on glance. They sorta remind me of those various items from AD&D games, like burning oil and what not.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'd say Cyclops are less annoying. Their attacks are very easy to dodge and have the time they are just whining in pain.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
cyclopes can still throw you off of ledges/cliffs while chimeras just writhe on the floor and die past a certain level.

DragoFireheart

Protip for Sorcerers:

You know how when you fight Metal Golems and some of the discs are up in the air? Well, Maelstrom can pull the discs to their location. So, you can move the discs around with Maelstrom if you need to re-position them.

You're welcome.

Xi

Arcane
The second play through of bitterblack is definitely more challenging. Farming all the 3rd tier cursed items. I don't even see a reason to fight Ur-Dragon as ALL the bitterblack stuff is a magnitude better than anything it will drop.

DragoFireheart

The second play through of bitterblack is definitely more challenging. Farming all the 3rd tier cursed items. I don't even see a reason to fight Ur-Dragon as ALL the bitterblack stuff is a magnitude better than anything it will drop.

Compare:

Abyssinal Coat: 131 @ gold rarity.

Immortal's Coat: 193 @ gold rarity.

LOL

Xi

Arcane

Compare:

Abyssinal Coat: 131 @ gold rarity.

Immortal's Coat: 193 @ gold rarity.

LOL

Makes the Ur-dragon a waste of time really. ;P

I'm aiming to kill death, farm all the best items and then... maybe then I will go kill it for completions sake.

Delterius

Arcane
Got this a few weeks ago and I am enjoying it very much. Got saved by a drake that flew into a unbeatable pack of bandits :lol:; and those nights are simply lovely.

I am still on level 20, or something. And I finally tried changing my vocation to a Magick Archer (from Mage) and became torn between the Magey gameplay of a Sorcerer and the Hybrid (since it seems that Staves just are very much redundant for the Archer, would love to be wrong though). So here's a quick question: should I expect any long-term issues if I multi-class too much (related to stat growth), or is it actually expected of me so I can rake in the Augments?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Magic Knight practically breaks the fucking game once they get Great Cannon. Especially when you get Ruinous Sigil and Compass slash. You basically become a fucking machine gun nest that can even tear big monsters to ribbons with mines surrounding you that can send enemies flying and even daze monsters that get too close.

Course' the frame rate grinds to a crawl once you do it.

Delterius

Arcane

Xi

Arcane
Beat daimon's second form as magic Knight. Tried as warrior, kept getting 1 shotted. /shrug

Got this a few weeks ago and I am enjoying it very much. Got saved by a drake that flew into a unbeatable pack of bandits :lol:; and those nights are simply lovely.

I am still on level 20, or something. And I finally tried changing my vocation to a Magick Archer (from Mage) and became torn between the Magey gameplay of a Sorcerer and the Hybrid (since it seems that Staves just are very much redundant for the Archer, would love to be wrong though). So here's a quick question: should I expect any long-term issues if I multi-class too much (related to stat growth), or is it actually expected of me so I can rake in the Augments?

I did a lot of multi-classing. I would suggest sticking with the class that has the main stat you want till level 100. Then multi-class to get all the augments form there.

So warrior/sorcerer till 100 is your best bet. Otherwise, you will be missing 300-800 offensive ability later in the game (and that is a lot) - a lot of the augments do % to damage so the higher you get a stat, the better.

Edit:

I may reroll and go to an assasin for the solo-ability. However, this would require that I aim to make strength as high as possible first. Gotta kill shit fast for it to be viable.

DragoFireheart

Magic Knight practically breaks the fucking game once they get Great Cannon. Especially when you get Ruinous Sigil and Compass slash. You basically become a fucking machine gun nest that can even tear big monsters to ribbons with mines surrounding you that can send enemies flying and even daze monsters that get too close.

Course' the frame rate grinds to a crawl once you do it.

3 sorc 1 figther > mystic knight group.

DragoFireheart

New DLC just came out (free).

Those arena thingys in Dark Arisen got upgraded. You carry this incense and you fight harder monsters. Haven't tested it yet.

DragoFireheart

So I took my new play-through of Mystic Knight and my pawn (Warrior). About level 40 or so. For the lulz, pre-final boss of BBI, I went to the first arena thingy connected to the Duskmoon Tower. You know, the area with fluffly bunnies and does waiting to be slaughtered?

Well, I walked it and here are a few of setups:

3 normal drakes (ice, thunder, fire).
4 Elder ogres and 3 Eliminators.
2 Giant Gore Cyclops with evil bandits.

Here was my reaction:
:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Delterius

Arcane
I think I'm getting pretty far into the game but I won't care to spoiler myself too much. Should I do the Dark Arisen content before or after the endgame? If the former, at which level is it recommended for a good balance between challenge and frustration?

Xi thanks for the tip.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom