Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Strayed

Educated
Southern Hemisphere's Canada (New Zealand)
I recall part of a Kotaku review (yeah, sue me) where the writer said that the pawns were an attempt (paraphrased) "to mimic the deep companions of Dragon Age." :lol:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
But then, after reading some of the reviews for the Resident Evil Remaster, I can safely say that they are incapable of understanding the actual game part of video games.

Honest reviewing apparently isn't profitable, hence all the clickbait.

I recall part of a Kotaku review (yeah, sue me) where the writer said that the pawns were an attempt (paraphrased) "to mimic the deep companions of Dragon Age." :lol:

Ignoring the fact that Dragon Age characters are kinda retarded, it's not even a valid complaint or comparison.

Kotaku going Full Mcintosh before it was a thing, who knew.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I may have said this already in this thread, but if the name Bioware/Bethesda/EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard were on the box, the journos would have been sucking this game off like they were at the Folsom Street Fair. Game has some crap collection quests like the games these other brands make, but what it has that the others don't is good core gameplay. But then, after reading some of the reviews for the Resident Evil Remaster, I can safely say that they are incapable of understanding the actual game part of video games.

It really is sad how obvious the double standards are. Irrational could just copy paste the word SHIT over and over, and reviewers would still praise the writing.

New Vegas vs Fallout 3 is the best example of it.

Machocruz

Arcane
Of course Dragon Age, and not the million other RPGs and brawlers where you have teammates who act autonomously or speak some times. Shit, Capcom did something similar, albeit in primitive form, in another one of their games - Magic Sword.

I'm right tired of the whole gamer tendency to compare all games to a handful of popular games/critical darlings. And their comparisons usually suck because they don't account for design intent. Again, using RE HD reviews as an example: some of them talk about how the survival horror genre has improved since the original RE. But comparisons to other or newer games aren't just because the design of the original RE is very specific and hasn't really been attempted again after RE2, which was already deviating. A person might as well say to me "Bro, I like Deus Ex better than Doom, ergo sci-fi FPS have improved." Even though DX is my favorite game, you'd be comparing apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Video games.

You may be under the impression that I like Dragon Age: Inquisition. I cannot have that, so let's go through my post point by point.

"Reading threads backwards is a great experience." - Self Explanatory

"Lol, a guy enjoyed DAI" - Thread starts uneventful about some guy liking DAI, "Are we this desperate about DD news?" I wonder

"Lol, Chrono Trigger port" - Thread goes places with Guile being Magus and shit, "Chrono Cross never made much sense" I remember

"WWWWWHAT?1 Something Dragon's Dogma related? POTENTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT?! <scrolls upwards>" OMG BONER

"Dragon's Dogma Online" - My penis falls off

"Again, I'm starting to think that crap like this is what caused the Sonic Mania to surface" - Quality poster formulates a revolutionary sociological theory, blaming Capcom for the Sonic fanbase.

So... yeah. I have no idea where your comment came from.

Last edited:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally back to DD. :kwafuckyeah::kwanzania:

Bros, I have some questions:

- What do I do with those tons of materials?

- What about fast travel? I need some special items, amirite?

- When do I change my vocation and do I need to change it?

-drop them
-you need ferrystones so you can teleport between portctrystals
-in grand soren/its up to you but i recommend trying MA/MK/Sorcerer/Assassins vocation.... just be prepared for 2-5 fps while casting great cannon with your magic knight :troll:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
-drop them
-in grand soren/its up to you but i recommend trying MA/MK/Sorcerer/Assassins vocation.... just be prepared for 2-5 fps while casting great cannon with your magic knight :troll:
- Can't I craft anything?

- Where do I get them?

- FPS really bothers me even without casting stuff:negative:

-drop them
- Can't I craft anything?

- Where do I get them?

- FPS really bothers me even without casting stuff:negative:
regarding ferrystones (from DD wikia)

• Ferrystones spawn in the center of the primary Portcrystal in Gran Soren outside the pawn guild, however the respawn rate is rather lengthy.
  • One can be found at the top of the Bluemoon Tower at the edge of the ruined part of the tower.
    • Only found directly after defeating Salomet.
  • Sold by Fournival for 10,000 G. Fournival only keeps 3 in stock at one time, though they will restock every day with one per day to a maximum of 3.
    • If proven innocent during the quest; Trials and Tribulations, then Fournival will sell Ferrystones for 9,000 G
    • As of Dark Arisen, the price has been reduced to 1,000 G or 900 G if proven innocent.

regarding crafting:

The official term for crafting in Dragon's Dogma is Combining. In this process, two items are combined to create a new item. Many of the perishable organic items found around the world can be preserved this way.

Combining can also lead to the creation of mundane tools like pickaxes, weapons like special arrows, and even one-use magical scrolls and tomes that replicate spells, such as the
Mystic Knight's Stone Grove.

also i f you want to upgrade your shit

Enhancing is the process of using particular items to upgrade equipment. Equipment can be enhanced up to 3 levels at the cost of gold and collectible items. Enhancements can be made by Caxton at Caxton's Armory in Gran Soren, Mathias at the Greatwall Encampment, Reynard and Barroch at Bitterblack Isle. Only Barroch on Bitterblack Isle can Rarify items beyond the Dragon Forged enhancement levels.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dusted off my PS3 and DD after a year or so to finish the game for a second time. High Gicel is too damn satisfying. The visuals, the sound and of course the damage. I encountered the drake near Shadowfort and blasted half of his hp with a single High Gicel.

Or casting High Maelstorm inside the shadow fort and obliterating goblins and cyclops and whatever the fuck was in the courtyard at that time. Immense satisfaction of just fucking everyone's shit up.

I had a plan of leveling 'till 100-150 as Sorc and then switching to Magic Archer, but I think I'll just stick with being a Sorc :love:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Crapcom you fucking morans.

If there is a God, PLEASE crash this shit game industry, be it by an economic wave of companies going out of business or a literal tidal wave to drown all these fuckers.

:dead::x:badnews::slamdunk:

THEY CAN GO FUCKTHEMSELVES

when do we start our own Codex guild in this game ? who is with me?:troll:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-dragons-dogma-online-revealed
A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.
:rage:
Not surprising since Monster Hunter MMO also wasn't localized.

alright i am done. i`m fucking done with this bullshit:x

Martius

Liturgist
Capcom and microtransactions sounds like triggering combination for me but I thought at least we would check if it will be worth playing. Eh, maybe it will be localized, just much later.

Amn Nom

Learned
God damn Capcom is run by a bunch of fucking retards. Lets make Monster Hunter and then not localize it until Nintendo foots the bill. Lets not localize the franchise people have been BEGGING for. You know the game that sold above expectations? The one good IP to come out of your piece of shit company last generation?

So pawns are in. What was this about the pawn system stopping a PC port of the original Capcom?
The answer I received from a PR representative when I bombarded them with this question a year and half ago was that the senior producer was convinced that the pawn system just wouldn't work on PC. One of the people there was pushing really hard for a port right until he left. Then the chances of it happening went down the shitter.

Delterius

Arcane
God damn Capcom is run by a bunch of fucking retards.

"Let's make a western looking franchise and then not sell it to the west!"

Yeah, its online and I probably wouldn't play it anyway. But is "Dragon's Dogma" really the best franchise to attach to a japanese exclusive MMO?

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
God damn Capcom is run by a bunch of fucking retards. Lets make Monster Hunter and then not localize it until Nintendo foots the bill. Lets not localize the franchise people have been BEGGING for. You know the game that sold above expectations? The one good IP to come out of your piece of shit company last generation?
Above expectations? IIRC the game sold only 1.4m. I'm surprised they still care about this franchise.

Also, in last gen Capcom created Lost Planet and Dead Rising, both better IPs than Dragons Dogma.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom