Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Ninjerk

Arcane
God damn Capcom is run by a bunch of fucking retards. Lets make Monster Hunter and then not localize it until Nintendo foots the bill. Lets not localize the franchise people have been BEGGING for. You know the game that sold above expectations? The one good IP to come out of your piece of shit company last generation?
Above expectations? IIRC the game sold only 1.4m. I'm surprised they still care about this franchise.

Also, in last gen Capcom created Lost Planet and Dead Rising, both better IPs than Dragons Dogma.
I watched my cousin play some Lost Planet 2 (iirc on his PS3) and it was pretty impressive looking for a console arena game.

Machocruz

Arcane
I might agree with Dead Rising 1 and 2. Love those games. LP1 was middling. LP2 had the pieces to shit on every other TPS on the market, but the character movement was a mess, and having solo play be the prerequisite to access co-op was a dick move. Still, it had one of the most impressive boss fights and bits of video game spectacle I've ever seen and played, and it rocked with other players. I think Capcom knew they had something potentially incredible there, botched it, and they've been demoralized ever since.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
It looks like somewhat of a propel sequel based on the trailer. Goddamnit. God-fucking-damnit. Any hope they won't go full asian/EA with the microtransaction scheme?

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-dragons-dogma-online-revealed
A Capcom UK representative told Eurogamer this morning that there are no plans to release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west, so don't hold your breath.
:rage:
Not surprising since Monster Hunter MMO also wasn't localized.

I love it when weaboos are forced to realise that japs don't like westerners.
Thats ok. We simply need to redouble our weeaboism and learn wapanese.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I changed my vocation to warrior. Can I climb bigger enemies now?

Tried with Ogres and couldn't do it. Though Jump attack to their heads worked well.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
You can climb on any enemies regardless of vocation. In fact, I think the ranger-type vocations have better passives and level up more stamina and are better suited for climbing.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Today I've met two pawns with glitched voices:lol:

Female pawn spoke like a transvestite and male's voice was fast-forwarded. Shit, that was annoying.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

I'm pretty bummed about this. As my wife will attest to, I spent hundred and hundred of hours or DD and DD:DA. Even with a F2P game, I would have tried it - and if the gameplay and world was the similar enough to the original - doubtlessly I would have sunk money into it as well.

Oh well.

I can still dream of a PC port.

Hell, I would even take a PS4 port with improved gfx at this point.

Siveon

Bot
Even if they did localize the game, I doubt it'll do well enough to keep it afloat. It would last for like, 2 years.

And then Capcom would complain that the general public doesn't like Dragon's Dogma, and they'll forgot about the series forever to go and make more shitty FTP MMOGs. If I sound like I'm being pessimistic, it's because I am.
:negative:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Even if they did localize the game, I doubt it'll do well enough to keep it afloat. It would last for like, 2 years.

And then Capcom would complain that the general public doesn't like Dragon's Dogma, and they'll forgot about the series forever to go and make more shitty FTP MMOGs. If I sound like I'm being pessimistic, it's because I am.
:negative:

FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk FuCk

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Bros, I have a couple of questions.

How do vocations system work? I should stick with one and level it up during the whole game or I should develop several?

What are good party compositions? I use Warrior (PC) + Ranger (Main Pawn) + another Ranger/Strider + Mage healer

Last edited:

Strayed

Educated
Southern Hemisphere's Canada (New Zealand)
As far as vocations go it doesn't really matter, however I would suggest a mix of Ranger (stamina), Warrior (highest HP gain and decent physical defense) and sorcerer (for magic attack and defense). That's only if you want a balanced character though, in the end you'll have high stats anyway no matter what you play as.

Party compositions don't really matter much either, just keep it balanced with something like two fighters, a strider and a mage/sorcerer. Your current party is good enough for the whole game.

Amn Nom

Learned
Bros, I have a couple of questions.

How do vocations system work? I should stick with one and level it up during the whole game or I should develop several?

What are good party compositions? I use Warrior (PC) + Ranger (Main Pawn) + another Ranger/Strider + Mage healer
Basically you level up stats by different amounts depending on your choice of vocation. If you want to stick with one role it is ideal to play the starting class of that archetype and then move into the specialized one to learn skills. The skills themselves can transfer over into other vocations, so if you really want to the game can be broken.

My party composition changed depending on what I was doing. Generally it was a Sorcerer (my character), a Warrior (main pawn modeled after Guts from Berserk), a strider/melee class, and a healbot. The party strategy boiled down to have the melee draw aggro while I charged up massive spells that obliterated anything on screen. Against golems (the only magic immune enemy in the game) I would unepquip my staff, jump on the back of the golem and fist it to death. The most memorable battle in the game for me was spending an entire night cycle killing a golem this way and right after it went down dawn broke.

Delterius

Arcane
Against golems (the only magic immune enemy in the game) I would unepquip my staff, jump on the back of the golem and fist it to death. The most memorable battle in the game for me was spending an entire night cycle killing a golem this way and right after it went down dawn broke.

Golems are quirky monsters, aren't they? Some things you may have missed, though:

Gicel has a physical damage component which isn't negligible.

Heavy (Triangle on the PS3) jump attacks can be spammed against golem medallions.

Golems also die to Exequy.

I recommend against using Exequy for anything but the Metal Golem. That 'until dawn breaks' battle also happened to me while using Gicel/jump attacks and it was great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom