Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
By I still do not get the climbing mechanic. I fought the Hydra and my Arisen was crawling around one of the necks sometimes falling into the textures:lol:

You're basically attached to them like a ragdoll, hang onto a weak point and slash away. It's such a relief that they didn't make it a QTE.
Shame that's not as epic as Witcher 2 :troll:
Though CD Project were smart enough to allow players turning QTE off.

deuxhero

Arcane
Oh two more early money things I forgot:
The boats in the fishing town will often have huge sacks of coins on them. Search them whenever you are there.
The first section of bitter black isle doesn't have any enemies but does have respawning chests.

The Fish

Arcane
Oh two more early money things I forgot:
The boats in the fishing town will often have huge sacks of coins on them. Search them whenever you are there.
The first section of bitter black isle doesn't have any enemies but does have respawning chests.

Thanks.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
What's the most efficient way to get a good weapon for a Mystic Knight? I don't even have enough money to get the best vendor gear. I really wish they hadn't removed the mouldy carrot money exploit in Dark Arisen.

Explore the Soulflayer canyon and you can find Steel Beak.

Explore the south-west most part of Grans. Along a beach are several chests under a tarp. The fancy looking chest randomly has Font of Fire in it.

deuxhero

Arcane
So the Dragon's Dogma Online trademark has been regisistered in Japan and US too now and Jump Festa is done. Curious how they'll announce whatever it is as I can't think of another event for several months. Is it just going to be dropped in some magazine?

Multi region marks says it's intended for international release and Pokemon is the only title I can recall that's made for an international market (instead of primarily JP with a latter translation) that has been announced that way recently (and Nintendo stopped announcing it primarily in print) . The lack of clear place to announce is really leaning to a shitty social game (especially as full games need to sell millions for Capcom)

Last edited:

Aurelius

Educated
Playing this for the first time and having fun so far, but it's a shame that most of the pawns seem to be from inactive players. Is anyone here still playing this? I'm currently level 25 or so and would love to share pawns with someone who's actually playing the game. I would look elsewhere, but I'm afraid most other communities rely heavily on metagaming, and I'd like to discover things on my own on my first playthrough.

ikabod00

Novice
Playing this for the first time and having fun so far, but it's a shame that most of the pawns seem to be from inactive players. Is anyone here still playing this? I'm currently level 25 or so and would love to share pawns with someone who's actually playing the game. I would look elsewhere, but I'm afraid most other communities rely heavily on metagaming, and I'd like to discover things on my own on my first playthrough.

I am not actually currently playing it. I started a while back but got in to other things. I plan on going back to it once I finish Dragon Age: Inquisition though which should be within the next week. If you are still playing then could try to share pawns.

ikabod00

Novice
Not really putting off! I started Dragon's Dogma a while back. Stopped playing for other reasons. And recently have been wanting to go back and finish it, but since i was already almost done with DAI, decided to finish it first.

I beg your forgiveness in this matter.

DragoFireheart

Not really putting off! I started Dragon's Dogma a while back. Stopped playing for other reasons. And recently have been wanting to go back and finish it, but since i was already almost done with DAI, decided to finish it first.

I beg your forgiveness in this matter.

RK47 there's someone that WANTS to finish DA:I. What are your thoughts on this?

ikabod00

Novice
RK47 there's someone that WANTS to finish DA:I. What are your thoughts on this?

I feel like i may have kicked a hornets nest here. And now i am just going to stand in it and take my punishment.

but thats a proper direction. from decline to massive incline. doesnt leave a bad taste in your mouth:smug:

Thats a way to look at it, but I am enjoying DAI. Its not perfect by any means. But i... uh... like it for the most part *braces* And then i will go back to Dragon's Dogma and it will be even better.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Reading threads backwards is a great experience.

"Lol, a guy enjoyed DAI"

"Lol, Chrono Trigger port"

"WWWWWHAT?1 Something Dragon's Dogma related? POTENTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT?!"

"Dragon's Dogma Online"

Again, I'm starting to think that crap like this is what caused the Sonic Mania to surface.

ikabod00

Novice
We need to know, for science

Well, i am pretty invested in the Dragon Age universe having played the first one a couple times and then the second one. But, also, I like walking around and exploring every nook and crannie of a world (which is 1 reason i am looking forward to getting back the Dragons Dogma, the world seemed much bigger than what DAI has) finding hidden loot and areas and quests. The combat is alright. The crafting kinda sucks, but i am basically ignoring that and only crafting when i really wanna fill in a piece. Really its probably just being the Dragon Age universe, a universe I know, and exploration that is making me like it and cotinue playing.

"Dragon's Dogma Online"

Thats right, Dragons Dogma Online was brought up a while back. Lets talk about that.... instead of me liking DAI

DragoFireheart

"Lol, a guy enjoyed DAI"

"Lol, Chrono Trigger port"

"Dragon's Dogma Online"

Again, I'm starting to think that crap like this is what caused the Sonic Mania to surface.

Having standards is a bad thing now?

Machocruz

Arcane
I may have said this already in this thread, but if the name Bioware/Bethesda/EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard were on the box, the journos would have been sucking this game off like they were at the Folsom Street Fair. Game has some crap collection quests like the games these other brands make, but what it has that the others don't is good core gameplay. But then, after reading some of the reviews for the Resident Evil Remaster, I can safely say that they are incapable of understanding the actual game part of video games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom