Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Martius

Liturgist
Might as well just wait bit longer, it should drop in price in during sales next year. Also check out if any shop offers box, it should be bit cheaper although I have no idea if it also includes preorder bonus.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
We need people who know what they are doing who can create competent pawns.
That's a good idea. We may want to coordinate our efforts to incline the Rift.

What sort of pawns do you people run with?

At early levels, my pawn is usually a healer/buffer, dressed like a slut proud independent woman, for easy rift crystal farming.

At later levels, sorcerer with super aggro inclination, dressed to impress.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is also available at http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pl/en/pc/games/rpgs/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/ Maybe with some voucher price should be lower than steam one as long it will let you pay in dollars or euro.
:bro:

Now you're talking!

Current GMG code is
23PERC-WTHGMG-ADVENT
for 23% off.

Preordered.
EDIT: GMG confirmation email states a release date of January 29th, sooooo what the hell. I bet it's a typo. Will inform if further information is uncovered.
EDIT: A forum mod got back to me really quickly. Looks like the GMG version will indeed go out on the 15th, but that's not official.

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Motherfucking preordered for full price, fuck the cheapos and thirdworldians :fuuyeah:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What sort of pawns do you people run with?
A short fat hag that does nothing but heal and cast one elemental buff. Easiest to get useful behaviour that way.

Though this time I'm thinking I'll make an archer pawn, I've heard they can become OP aimbotting snipers if trained properly.

Delterius

Arcane
Though this time I'm thinking I'll make an archer pawn, I've heard they can become OP aimbotting snipers if trained properly.

Personally I really enjoy the underappreciated Strider pawn. Sure, they don't get that one OP Ranger ability, but they are versatile and they are the best friends of Sorcerer Arisens if they have an Over Offensive mentality (if I'm not mistaken I ran with Scather/Challenger/Pioneer as Primary/Secondary and Hidden inclinations, respectively). Daimon won't look your way with one of them climbing all over them.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, this is gonna be my 3rd version that I'm gonna play, and I still have no clue how pawn training works.

I assume it all has to do with the training chair? I just think the questions/stats they give are a little vague.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's ridiculously complicated actually, their behaviour is modified by pretty much everything you do. You can use the items as a shortcut to solve some basic problems, but they'll learn a lot of your habits too (which is why there are so many useless pawns like mages that spend the whole fight climbing on enemies or warriors keeping their distance or standing right on top of the mages.)

Siveon

Bot
Oh good, I'm not a complete moron. But then again, shit, how can I not make my pawn completely useless (since I usually like to have my pawn be an opposite)?

Would it be a good idea to train a pawn by example, then? Ex be a mage to have a decent pawn mage.

Delterius

Arcane
Oh good, I'm not a complete moron. But then again, shit, how can I not make my pawn completely useless (since I usually like to have my pawn be an opposite)?

Would it be a good idea to train a pawn by example, then? Ex be a mage to have a decent pawn mage.
Read on Pawn Inclination, it breaks down the potential AIs and how they come to be. Plus, if you plan for it, your pawn could have perfect inclinations from the beginning.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
You can also spend Rift Crystals to purchase potions that you use that will SET you pawn inclination to whatever you want.

Other than that, you have to use the chair.

Siveon

Bot
Damn that wiki is pretty good. Yeah, still complicated, but after my 30 something hours of already put-in playtime, I kinda get the gist now. Props to Capcom for trying something at least. I already remember a few guardians back on the PS3 (though I thought that was just the AI in general being wonky), makes sense.

I like the sound of a challenger/pioneer Warrior or Ranger myself. I was thinking of being a Mage/Sorcerer and then moving on to a Mystic Knight. Might be nice to have some crazy Warrior or OP Sniper around while I'm playing support.

Although the most fun I've had is with a Warrior, I just can't really kill much with 'em. Can't play fast or nimble types either (preference), so support/damage/tank/whatever with Mystic Knight is my plan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom