Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
"Q) Does the game include the Berserk armor and weapon set?
A) Unfortunately, the Berserk gear is not included in the game due to licensing restrictions."

Matherfucker i fuck your family,your BITCH mather suckdick in petrolium,your faggot father suck and lick dick again for your grow up bestard.Say hello to your BITCH mather because i'm with blacks fuck her too and she almost died like a Street dog.
I want fuck your grandmather and grandfather too(of course with blacks) but they are already dead but i can fuck their tombs SON OF A BITCH. Be assure this time we will fuck again your mather but this time she will die like a BITCH in the street After all your homo fag father will suck many dicks to bury
your BITCH mother.

Puukko

Arcane
I tried leaving the GMG page and it gave me an extra 20% off voucher. I assume that can't be stacked with the 23% off one? Bought the game already anyway.

Mozg

Arcane
Is there a good natural way to do the pawn shit just playing the game without me bothering to painstakingly reverse engineer an AI system?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The best option is probably to pick a pawn that does the same shit as you; get a healer if you're going to play a caster, get a strider or melee type if you're going to be in melee, etc. That should minimize dumb choices from it mimicking you. This has the added benefit of your pawn getting pretty good gear from your hand-me-downs instead of you needing to purchase/upgrade entirely different sets of gear you'd never equip.

Perkel

Arcane
"Q) Does the game include the Berserk armor and weapon set?
A) Unfortunately, the Berserk gear is not included in the game due to licensing restrictions."

Matherfucker i fuck your family,your BITCH mather suckdick in petrolium,your faggot father suck and lick dick again for your grow up bestard.Say hello to your BITCH mather because i'm with blacks fuck her too and she almost died like a Street dog.
I want fuck your grandmather and grandfather too(of course with blacks) but they are already dead but i can fuck their tombs SON OF A BITCH. Be assure this time we will fuck again your mather but this time she will die like a BITCH in the street After all your homo fag father will suck many dicks to bury
your BITCH mother.

People will rip PS3 version or X360 one gear and mod it in. There are ton of gear that you could easily forget about so you can use Berserk model.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Could someone sell me on this game? I see it gets lots of praise, but I don't know too much about it.

Damned Registrations

It's got 67 fucking pages of info here, like 10 other people have asked the exact same thing, do a search you lazy fuck.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could someone sell me on this game? I see it gets lots of praise, but I don't know too much about it.
Just learned that this game is coming to PC, I ignored it before as a console exclusive.
Should I care? Should I want this game? It looks like the last few pages have some people I respect talking about how good it is, so I'm interested. Sell me.
It's good. Buy it.
Open and shut.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Capcom didn't bother putting reasonable limits on which characters can become the Arisen's Beloved, so it can be nearly every NPC in the game, male or female, including the spoiled, ugly, 14-year-old daughter of a wealthy merchant. :incloosive:

Or you could read the last dozen pages of this thread, and learn about the combat system, which is probably the best action-based combat ever devised, or the class system with 9 distinct "vocations", each of which plays differently.

Amn Nom

Learned
Dragon's Dogma shill reporting in.

Imagine you are playing a melee character fighting a giant griffon. There aren't many options because you have no ranged weapons and no way to stay on it for an extended period of time. Then you remember a Griffon has feathers. Feathers are flammable. So you do what any sensible Arisen would do, you light yourself on fire when the Griffon lands. Then you dive onto the Griffon as it takes to the sky. It covers a decent distance before you climb over to a wing and set it aflame. This causes the Griffon to crash into the ground. Now the playing field is even. You promptly deal with the grounded Griffon.

Another scenario where a Cyclops is staring down at you. You aren't strong enough to take on this Cyclops, it will tear you to shreds. Not wanting to load like a scrub you dive onto it. You poke the Cyclops eye so it can't see. The Cyclops starts flailing around. You see a nearby cliff. You proceed to force said Cyclops to run right off the cliff and let gravity do the rest of the work.

A final scenario where I'm are a Sorcerer, this one is my own. The game has been easy. I make anything I come across my bitch by calling down a meteor shower or giant tornado. Then I come across a golem as it starts to get dark. I try magic on it and realize it is mostly immune. Well, shit. The best I can do is draw the battle out to try and get a lucky meteor hit on the cores that are the only damageable place on the golem. When I have exhausted all the spots that meteors can hit I start to panic. Then I realize I can melee. I unequipped my staff for the first time in the entire game and proceeded to climb on the back of the golem punching the last two or three cores. It took me fucking ages but he eventually went down as the sun rose.

Dragon's Dogma is a game of small moments that add up to make one of the best action games ever. I'm as cynical as most of the other assholes on here, and I'm telling you this is the real deal. Quit wasting your time getting responses here and go preorder it off Steam.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dragon's Dogma shill reporting in.

Imagine you are playing a melee character fighting a giant griffon. There aren't many options because you have no ranged weapons and no way to stay on it for an extended period of time. Then you remember a Griffon has feathers. Feathers are flammable. So you do what any sensible Arisen would do, you light yourself on fire when the Griffon lands. Then you dive onto the Griffon as it takes to the sky. It covers a decent distance before you climb over to a wing and set it aflame. This causes the Griffon to crash into the ground. Now the playing field is even. You promptly deal with the grounded Griffon.

Another scenario where a Cyclops is staring down at you. You aren't strong enough to take on this Cyclops, it will tear you to shreds. Not wanting to load like a scrub you dive onto it. You poke the Cyclops eye so it can't see. The Cyclops starts flailing around. You see a nearby cliff. You proceed to force said Cyclops to run right off the cliff and let gravity do the rest of the work.

A final scenario where I'm are a Sorcerer, this one is my own. The game has been easy. I make anything I come across my bitch by calling down a meteor shower or giant tornado. Then I come across a golem as it starts to get dark. I try magic on it and realize it is mostly immune. Well, shit. The best I can do is draw the battle out to try and get a lucky meteor hit on the cores that are the only damageable place on the golem. When I have exhausted all the spots that meteors can hit I start to panic. Then I realize I can melee. I unequipped my staff for the first time in the entire game and proceeded to climb on the back of the golem punching the last two or three cores. It took me fucking ages but he eventually went down as the sun rose.

Dragon's Dogma is a game of small moments that add up to make one of the best action games ever. I'm as cynical as most of the other assholes on here, and I'm telling you this is the real deal. Quit wasting your time getting responses here and go preorder it off Steam.
Thanks. This sounds great. :salute:

Grimlorn

Arcane
Do you take damage if you light yourself on fire? How do you do it? Do you have a pawn cast a fire spell on you or is there oil you drench and light yourself with?

Damned Registrations

I suppose you could drench yourself in oil but it'd be an awfully convoluted way to go about things. There's a spell one of the vocations gets that self-immolates. And yeah, you take damage.

Of course, you could instead drench the griffon in oil and light IT on fire, or use a number of other techniques to keep it grounded/knock it out of the air.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can also use a torch. This is one of few games that I wish had an online mode. Fucking things up with other people would have been great. The pawn AI could be infuriating at times.

Damned Registrations

Yeah, the whole pawn thing is neat, but I have to wonder why they didn't just make it multiplayer- surely it wouldn't have been more work than all the pawn AI shit; and all the cooperation tactics make this game so well built for multiplayer. I'd love to get some massive style points by shield boosting a bro to jump onto a giant's face or work together with other sorcerors to spam the shit out of petrify spells on enemies it actually works on, instead of pawns that cast it on immune stuff and don't help you when something is weak to it.

Well, they did end up making an online sequel/spinoff thing right? How did that turn out anyways?

boot

Prophet
Yeah, the whole pawn thing is neat, but I have to wonder why they didn't just make it multiplayer- surely it wouldn't have been more work than all the pawn AI shit; and all the cooperation tactics make this game so well built for multiplayer. I'd love to get some massive style points by shield boosting a bro to jump onto a giant's face or work together with other sorcerors to spam the shit out of petrify spells on enemies it actually works on, instead of pawns that cast it on immune stuff and don't help you when something is weak to it.

Nah, the pawn system is a huge part of what makes Dragon's Dogma so fun and different. The game wouldn't be the same without your pawns saying silly shit at inopportune moments and telling you with extreme earnestness for the 1731st time that wolves hunt in packs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom