Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
For anybody interested in the performance the game runs beautifull; no crashes or issues other than a little framerat hicup from time to time (probably the game loading in the backhround). Some good graphical settings too to help performance like grass density and view distance to help top it off. i got my GMG code for $24 dolars so I have done my duty to help Capcom for this superb port... Hopefully we can get a sequel grenlighted and I seriousky cannot see how this can sell less than a million copies at its price and tremendous value

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I really wish developers would at least release benchmark + configuration menu beforehand. I hate getting a new game then wasting time tweaking to get the most juice out of it.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Gmg info please? I was waiting on info about perf and such and if it checks up I'd rather buy it cheap and play asap.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
What kind if info you need? Just gonto the site and use the20% code they have right there, easy as pie
Oh as a sidenote I have a couple of issues with the game but those are leftover from the consoles
1) No multiple saves slots, this is a gimme give the nature of the game. They could have followed the Dark Souls system of multiple slots for multiple chars so you can have several builds and perhaps even your kid bother can play the game without erasing your progress
2) that console retarded staring screen with the manual ffs, you should have jumped straight to the real menu screen
3) while the new title screen music intruducced with Dark Arisen is nice I kind of miss the goofy japanese rock and roll track too

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I really wish developers would at least release benchmark + configuration menu beforehand. I hate getting a new game then wasting time tweaking to get the most juice out of it.
I don't like benchmark tests. They tend to push your hardware or push the engine even though barely any levels in the game ever reaches that point of intensity. Hitman Absolution is like that.

You always use controllers for third person games on PC.
Uhhhhh wrong answer. Not listening to you any more. Have a nice evening.
Truth hurts.

Since people are playing this now, any more comments on M&K vs. controller?
You always use controllers for third person games on PC.

Dragon's Dogma had an actual demo on consoles didn't it? Wouldn't hurt to add one to PC.

It was only the character creator and one quest to kill a griffin. It didn't show the game off very well.

Although it did sell me on the game since I could make a loli.
On PC it'd be p. useful to check controls and performance.
too bad most PC developers forget this.

They don't forget, it's intentional. If you have any marketing budget at all or people are hyped about your game, a demo is a negative incentive. People might play it and decide they don't want to play your game. The less they know about your game the better other than vague hype. It's a cynical view of human nature but seems to work out.
I know this but you got to hand it to EA, at least most of their big games have a beta/demo/timed trial.

funkadelik

Arcane
What kind if info you need? Just gonto the site and use the20% code they have right there, easy as pie
Oh as a sidenote I have a couple of issues with the game but those are leftover from the consoles
1) No multiple saves slots, this is a gimme give the nature of the game. They could have followed the Dark Souls system of multiple slots for multiple chars so you can have several builds and perhaps even your kid bother can play the game without erasing your progress
2) that console retarded staring screen with the manual ffs, you should have jumped straight to the real menu screen
3) while the new title screen music intruducced with Dark Arisen is nice I kind of miss the goofy japanese rock and roll track too
This song you mean?

amdus

Arbiter

Zeriel

Arcane
That song is so fucking stupid I can't believe it actually grew on me.

I will be crushed if it isn't part of the pc port.

It isn't

Damnit. Does anyone know why they changed it?
Licensing shenanigans, due to which Japanese voice overs also got removed from PC port.

Some of them are still there in the files.

Moink

Cipher
Leaked version still has the nip voice actors, and the berserk armor.

amdus

Arbiter
Leaked version still has the nip voice actors, and the berserk armor.
Can you switch to them in the ingame option menus?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/
Quote from Capcom itself:
Q) What languages are supported in-game? Any plans to implement additional localization? What about voiceover?
A) The game supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese text as they were originally available on the console version. There are currently no plans to add other languages. The game includes English voiceover. Japanese VO unfortunately is not supported due to licensing restrictions.

Moink

Cipher
I'm unsure (going by what a friend says, my internet is too shit to download another 10gb), but I'm fairly sure it's only in because it's a tester build.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I very much enjoyed this FAQ answer.

Q) Can you bring back “Into Free –Dangan–” theme song from the original Dragon’s Dogma?
A) The song was only licensed for the original Dragon’s Dogma on Xbox 360 and PS3 back in 2012. You can still become the Dangan by purchasing the album or single through official channels such as iTunes[itunes.apple.com].

amdus

Arbiter
No, you have to rename the files if you want to use them.
Then probably nip voices will be removed the same way as Tales of Zestiria opening song. When it became public knowledge that it's included in the initial PC relase of the game, next patch removed the file completely as they clearly didn't had license to distribute it with that version of the game.

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Made a big bertha style female warrior and to my surprise not only the long hairstyles have some physics but the breasts have giggly physics too when swinging a sword or jumping, felt like good old Oblivion when I had my custom followers dress in skimpy clothes and dance for me :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom