Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ferratilis

Magister
It would've been better if they included some historical figures rather than these soy streamers.
DhNz7Ub.png

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
1710498062070.png

On one hand, that's hella lame but on the other, nice that they have a lil' judenstern all of their own so you know which ones to instantly brine.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Less than 7 days. Where tf is my preload?

I seriously need to know so I can cancel a bill that might interfere with my purchase. There's that annoying loan and gas bill that need to piss off.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Enemies shown so far:

Garms
Sphynx(boss)
Chimera
Griffin
Dullahan
Goblins, HobGoblins and Knockers (+few variations)
Saurians and Fire Saurian (+few variations)
Ogres
Cyclops and Armored Cyclops.
Undead
Skeletons
Wights* (not Lich)
Bandits
Drakes
Harpies (+few variations)
Medusa (boss)
Slimes
Minotaur
Dragon (Boss)
Phantoms
Golems
Talos (boss)
Wolves (+variations)

In total , so far 23 enemies plus 4 Boss enemies.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
I recently got a job again.

Now debating if I should get this, its normal edition is twice as expensive as Elden Ring's DLC.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Enemies shown so far:

Garms
Sphynx(boss)
Chimera
Griffin
Dullahan
Goblins, HobGoblins and Knockers
Saurians and Fire Saurian
Ogres
Cyclops, Armored Cyclops.
Undead
Skeletons
Lichs
Bandits
Drakes
Harpies (+few variations)
Medusa (boss)
Slimes
Minotaur
Dragon (Boss)

In total , so far 20 enemies plus 3 Boss enemies.
You forgot wolves, they hunt in packs

Anonona

Learned
In total , so far 23 enemies plus 4 Boss enemies.
It seems in total they have more than Base DD1 and around the same amount as Dark Arisen, so is not as bad as I thought initially, specially considering some variants like the goblins actually seem to employ different strategies like the burrowing underground. Capcom reusing enemies was expected, as they are well designed from the get go and in a DnD-like ARPG as Dragon's Dogma a lot of these enemies are staples. The reason why the trailers may have given the impression of a smaller bestiary is because there aren't that many new enemies, but I would expect that some of them are supposed to be discovered as you play.

Missing enemies from the first base game are Cockatrices, Gargoyles, Evil eyes/Beholders (which I would be surprised if they are not late game enemies) and Hydras (which I have a hard time believing won't be in, as they are pretty iconic from the first game. ). From Dark Arisen we are missing Banshees, Spirit Armors (which are probably replaced by Dullahans, as they share a similar concept), Eliminators, Death, Holy Bishop and Undead Dragon (although there seem to be a new dark dragon which may or not be either the Undead Dragon or the Ur-dragon), the Gazer and Daimon. But some of these enemies are either specific to dungeons or BBI itself. We know there will be dungeons as we have footage of the characters fighting in one so they are not out of the question and of course enemies like Daimon and Death aren't really expected to appear again unless there is a BBI equivalent. Needlessly to say, I'm not counting variants of enemies like the big skeleton or the pale Saurian.

So overall, actually not as bad as I thought initially, but at least 4-6 more enemies types would be welcome, which I find a realistic possibility. Of course I'm not counting variants in this estimation.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Does steam link from pc to a tv work lag free? Im thinking of getting it for my pc, performance wise it can do much better than my series x, but i do like the confort of playing it on a big tv, sitting on the couch.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Does steam link from pc to a tv work lag free? Im thinking of getting it for my pc, performance wise it can do much better than my series x, but i do like the confort of playing it on a big tv, sitting on the couch.
If your PC isn't very far from your TV you can connect it with a long hdmi cable. I got one with something like 5 meters or so and it works like a charm for me.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
If your PC isn't very far from your TV you can connect it with a long hdmi cable. I got one with something like 5 meters or so and it works like a charm for me.

Sadly no, the PC is in my office on the second floor, while my tv is on the ground floor.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech

Sadly no, the PC is in my office on the second floor, while my tv is on the ground floor.
A pity. Btw, do you have any problems with the humidity ruining your electronics components where you live?
I ask this because i saw a lot of rusted motherboards and gpus at Madeira and you guys probably have to deal with it on some parts aswell.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Shrimp

Arbiter
Wait, they are adding e-celebs to this game?
Yeah looks like they're going full sega about it
I dislike this trend. Stupid decision on Capcom's part.
It can't be any worse than the awful pawns made by random internet dipshits in the first game.
It technically can since the DD2 character creator allows you to make far more grotesque creatures compared to DD1. Of course I have no idea if the influencers chose to make meme characters or if they actually put in some level of effort to create believable characters, but I fully expect the random pawns roaming in the overworld to generally be far uglier than the ones you saw in the first game.

Anonona

Learned
Same. I'll take the plunge for this one. If it is good, great. If not, well, I'll accept it and move on
and probably never buy another Capcom game ever again

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom