Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

It looks like we may have gotten a look at the Dragon's Dogma 2 character creator by way of Street Fighter 6.

They mention using technology from other Capcom games when talking about it, they don't say the game, but it definitely looks like what you can do in Dragon's Dogma.

deuxhero

Arcane
Right wingers seethe over male/female being "body type A/B" even though I remember it being used in wrestling games like twenty plus years ago. Who gives a shit.
You must have played some weird wrestling games. I booted up the only one I had handy with a female character creator, WWE Day of Reckoning 2, and it's Male 1-6 and Female 1-6, with each 1-6 variant being ethnicity (white, black, hispanic, asian etc.).

gaussgunner

Arcane
I don't understand why people are so hyped. Dragon's Dogma was a good game with good systems and a decent open world, but it was as bland, boring and generic as can be.

It's like getting excited at eating a can of corned beef.
Yeah, so? The sequel could be a great game with great systems and a great less-open world; a bland boring masterpiece with none of the usual edgy hipster "character" of new western games.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I don't understand why people are so hyped. Dragon's Dogma was a good game with good systems and a decent open world, but it was as bland, boring and generic as can be.

For me, it was bland in a good way. I love standard fantasy stuff, especially when there are no gay elves or dwarves. At least until the end where you have to kill God like in every fucking JRPG. Then it was bland in a bad way. I really just wanted to kill an evil dragon, not have to kill myself because of some retarded cosmic cycle bullshit.

notpl

Arbiter

For me, it was bland in a good way. I love standard fantasy stuff, especially when there are no gay elves or dwarves. At least until the end where you have to kill God like in every fucking JRPG. Then it was bland in a bad way. I really just wanted to kill an evil dragon, not have to kill myself because of some retarded cosmic cycle bullshit.
If you remember anything about the story beyond the part where you break into a castle in the middle of the night to abduct a child bride then you played the game wrong

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Dragon's Dogma is a combat-focused game with a uniquely great combat system. Although action-based, combat in Dragon's Dogma is nonetheless RPG-like in that it has less emphasis on the player's skills versus character stats/abilities and in that it features a party of 4 characters providing synergy. Combat is satisfyingly tactile in a manner that's rare even among action games; you can be knocked down or held by enemies but also grip smaller enemies in turn, be borne aloft by harpy-like creatures, set enemies on fire, etc. Monster design enhances combat and particularly excels with the larger creatures (cyclopes, ogres, griffins, hydras, chimeras, and more), where teamwork is invaluable in defeating them (and it's always fun to crawl up the large monsters, if you aren't playing a mage/sorcerer).

The game also features decent dungeon-crawling, the best character creator (in terms of appearance) ever devised, good itemisation, fairly good character customization that ties in well to the combat through the mix of vocation and skills selected, and some memorable quests.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Maybe HHR thinks it's bland because he has no appreciation of Greek mythology. It's one of the main roots of western culture and this Japanese developer brought it to life so vividly, particularly the giant monsters. I hope they add more genuinely new and interesting monsters, not just palette swaps like BBI.

Fargus

Arcane
I liked the dogma a lot, but i hope it wont be anything like Bitter Bitch Island which was just more souls cringe. Had to go there for some gear though.

Also if DD2 will deny me this then fuck this game.
OFI0Njb.jpg

ATlLSgQ.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom