Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't understand why people are so hyped. Dragon's Dogma was a good game with good systems and a decent open world, but it was as bland, boring and generic as can be.

It's like getting excited at eating a can of corned beef.

How was it generic?
Medieval/Renaissance French/German/English influenced settings are considered generic these days.
The setting of Dragon's Dogma is generic and poorly defined, but that has virtually no impact on the game. The Open World is only superficial due to Morrowind/Oblivion being an initial inspiration that was soon abandoned due to budgetary constraints. Combat, as mentioned previously is incredible, which is the most important point in a game focused on combat, while the handful of dungeon-like locations are decent enough for exploration and providing for set-piece encounters, with their main drawback being their limited size. Actual gameplay is anything but generic, and there are some other good aspects, such as the aforementioned character (appearance) creator and certain quests and characters.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Your opinions are all worthless though because you never played MMOs. So you can't see that this is like a shitty cheap console tard version of an MMO. And the combat sucks the most. Sure you might have fun with some archer or something I didn't try, but I tried 2 other classes and they were retarded glorified quicktime event bullshit. And they get away with it because of all you pleb console tard fucks!

Last edited:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

All of you people hating on this game are wrong. This was one of the best games of its generation.

My #1 most anticipated game in development right now.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Your opinions are all worthless though because you never played MMOs. So you can't see that this is like a shitty cheap console tard version of an MMO. And the combat sucks the most. Sure you might have fun with some archer or something I didn't try, but I tried 2 other classes and they were retarded glorified quicktime event bullshit. And they get away with because of all you pleb console tard fucks!
Serious question, have YOU played an MMO? Go try something like .hack and then try saying that with a straight face.

And out of curiosity, do you even know what a QTE is? This has been one of the most phenomenally stupid shit tales I've ever seen, so I assume you must be trolling - - no one's this dumb.

:0/5:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Your opinions are all worthless though because you never played MMOs. So you can't see that this is like a shitty cheap console tard version of an MMO. And the combat sucks the most. Sure you might have fun with some archer or something I didn't try, but I tried 2 other classes and they were retarded glorified quicktime event bullshit. And they get away with because of all you pleb console tard fucks!
Serious question, have YOU played an MMO? Go try something like .hack and then try saying that with a straight face.

And out of curiosity, do you even know what a QTE is? This has been one of the most phenomenally stupid shit tales I've ever seen, so I assume you must be trolling - - no one's this dumb.

Have you played the Sorcerer? It's literally holding 1 button and the world explodes...

mediocrepoet

Patron

Have you played the Sorcerer? It's literally holding 1 button and the world explodes...
My heart weeps, for I have but one retarded rating to give your post. Rest assured, in my deepest heart, I have given you many.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yes very boring and dumb. The cannon fodder pawns go in to tank and get smashed around while you do the 1 huge spell the destroy everything. Or a few smaller spells that destroy everything in a slightly less awesome-button way. All in a game with bad ui, bad itemisation, bad repeating voice overs, tedious linear world design, etc. Yeah it's maybe better than Skyrim or whatever, there aren't many alternatives, but still the standards are low as hell. You don't have to accept all that.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
and some memorable quests.
* Memories of catching that little fucker Peppin quest intensifies *
I arrowed that little shit to make him stop; but looks like city guards doesn't approve child murder :(
( I hate the quest in Cassardis, where you have to catch a theif at night. Fucker runs like Usain Bolt on cocaine )

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Yes very boring and dumb. The cannon fodder pawns go in to tank and get smashed around while you do the 1 huge spell the destroy everything. Or a few smaller spells that destroy everything in a slightly less awesome-button way. All in a game with bad ui, bad itemisation, bad repeating voice overs, tedious linear world design, etc. Yeah it's maybe better than Skyrim or whatever, there aren't many alternatives, but still the standards are low as hell. You don't have to accept all that.

It makes me sad that you don't like Dragons Dogma or Skyrim.

:despair:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom