Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Silverfish

Arbiter
All of you who emoji me and reee at my comments without being able to make any argument for or against anything, are worthless fucking pieces of shit.

What argument do I need other than "you like Everquest"? Not even Champions of Norrath, there's respectability there, but generic Everquest.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS DRAGINS DOGMA IS BEST ARPG ALL TIME

YOU ACTUALLY DID SHIT LIKE MAKING GIANT FUCKING TORNADOS AND SETTING AGRYPHOON ON FIRE OR JUST CLIMBING THE MOTHERFUCKERS AND STAB STAB THE HEAD

THEN YOU HAVE TO GO TO SOME DUNGEON BUT YOU CAN BARELY FUCKING SEE ANYTHING THEN YOU NEED TO GET HOME AND ITS ALL DARK AND SHIT

BROS BEST EVER

JDR13

Arcane
All of you who emoji me and reee at my comments without being able to make any argument for or against anything, are worthless fucking pieces of shit. And you know it too, that's why you are butthurt at me. It's part butthurt, part jealousy. You sad fucks.
Serious question: Are you mentally retarded?

I mean.. it's fine if you are. I'm just curious.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
All of you who emoji me and reee at my comments without being able to make any argument for or against anything, are worthless fucking pieces of shit. And you know it too, that's why you are butthurt at me. It's part butthurt, part jealousy. You sad fucks.

How original, you worthless piece of shit.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

About as original as Everquest so it's fair.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yes, yes, you learned bad words the other day. Why don't you go use them in GD?

gaussgunner

Arcane
Have you played the Sorcerer? It's literally holding 1 button and the world explodes...
9 times out 10 you get killed while you're holding that button. It's hard AND boring.
what you need is pawns who climb on enemies + good positioning

that or just holy bolt spam
Still boring like most magic in ARPGs. It should be more player skill based like other vocations. Maybe if you had to draw runes with your mouse or joystick. Or if you just had to aim the spell as it's charging, so if you're good all the fucking meteors hit your target(s), but if you suck at aiming while dodging monsters the meteors go all over the place. For Gicel you can draw a nice focused tower or sideways spike, but if you don't focus your aim you get a weak spindly structure or little scattered icicles.

Edit: rate this post NO if you like press buttan to win

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Which guy was it that really wanted this game to be announced at E3 or something and we all watched and it sucked?

mediocrepoet

Patron
I don't see how anvi is wrong, this is probably one of the most boring and repetitive games I've ever played. By jrpg standards I guess that means it's fantastic.
As opposed to what, Witcher 3? What do you expect, it's an ARPG. And it's a Japanese ARPG, not a JRPG.

How many hours have you played anyway?
It's not a masterpiece like Mass Effect 3 or Fallout 76. He didn't play it.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Tell Capcom you watched the Street Fighter 6 event and strongly disliked it because of tranny shit in character creator and don't want it in DD2.
Did my part, comrade! Don't think it'll change anything but at least I participated in.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
What makes it MMOish is the big world that takes ages to travel through, lots of trash mob fights, endless respawns, lots of junk loot to sort through with merchants, respawns back at town and repeating the same thing, playing a single character while a party around you does stuff like tanking/healing without you, etc...

What makes it a bad version of this is the fact that all of those things are demonstrably worse than other older games. You only think this shitty Nintendo experience is good because you have no frame of reference. Meme at me all you want, it doesn't change that fact.
Makes sense. I mean, most of these specific points would apply to games like Wizardry and the Gold Box games, but yes it's because everyone but you lacks perspective. You may think it's just a chance to meme, but I know I'm not the only one that legitimately thinks this is a moronic line of criticism, whatever your thoughts on the game.

Anyway, this should really go in the thread about the first game unless you have something relevant about the upcoming sequel. It won't make it any less retarded, but it will at least be in the appropriate thread.

Fucking guy couldn't even get that right.
This is one of the stupidest fucking posts I've ever seen. I can't believe it. Kalarion you are one fucking weird retard too aren't you? What's the deal with you?

mediocrepoet

Patron
What makes it MMOish is the big world that takes ages to travel through, lots of trash mob fights, endless respawns, lots of junk loot to sort through with merchants, respawns back at town and repeating the same thing, playing a single character while a party around you does stuff like tanking/healing without you, etc...

What makes it a bad version of this is the fact that all of those things are demonstrably worse than other older games. You only think this shitty Nintendo experience is good because you have no frame of reference. Meme at me all you want, it doesn't change that fact.
Makes sense. I mean, most of these specific points would apply to games like Wizardry and the Gold Box games, but yes it's because everyone but you lacks perspective. You may think it's just a chance to meme, but I know I'm not the only one that legitimately thinks this is a moronic line of criticism, whatever your thoughts on the game.

Anyway, this should really go in the thread about the first game unless you have something relevant about the upcoming sequel. It won't make it any less retarded, but it will at least be in the appropriate thread.

Fucking guy couldn't even get that right.
This is one of the stupidest fucking posts I've ever seen. I can't believe it. Kalarion you are one fucking weird retard too aren't you? What's the deal with you?
I agree, but try reading my reply instead of looking at the part you wrote.

Paper

Educated
tbh I dragons dogma does have much of the same appeal as everquest, much more than any modern mmo does

idk, i think its good even though it isnt a 10k hour game. as great as eq is, sometimes its alright that i dont have to dedicate the rest of my life to something.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Normally a ping would merit some kind of substantive response from me. But what is there to respond to here? What's my deal with what?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I've ever played.

lol, u cannot into action games Rusty. Everyone knows. I asked you months ago to name a single aRPG or any action-oriented title you deem yourself capable of playing and I'm still waiting. You probably managed to get a gameover during the inital cutscene, if your hand-eye coordination is developed enough to get past the main menu, that is. And before you belittle action games in general, must I remind you you also hate RPGs?
St Gary still weeps, his holy beard drenched in tears, due to your miserable sins.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I've ever played.

lol, u cannot into action games Rusty. Everyone knows. I asked you months ago to name a single aRPG or any action-oriented title you deem yourself capable of playing and I'm still waiting. You probably managed to get a gameover during the inital cutscene, if your hand-eye coordination is developed enough to get past the main menu, that is. And before you belittle action games in general, must I remind you you also hate RPGs?
St Gary still weeps, his holy beard drenched in tears, due to your miserable sins.
His blood to lard ratio is too low, due to his lineage as a Merkan Fatus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom