Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Black

Arcane
Attention: there's some psy-op flying around about there being DD2 but that's all it is. There's no DD2 in the works and any material you see is fake. Don't hope.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Looks like the first one except with better graphics. BASED
Was my exact thoughts as well. DD's one of the games where they already have the perfect formula and have no need to try to reinvent the wheel; all they need to do is release more of the same shit and I'll happily play it.
I'm glad the trailer gives me the impression that this is exactly what we'll get.

TwoEdge

Scholar
So, an iterative sequel? Nice! Exactly what I was hoping for. Now it's only a matter of seeing how meaty the game is. The release estimate is sometime in 2024, right?

Elttharion

Learned
noose-moe-szyslak.gif

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's the first game but expanded with better graphics. God bless Itsuno.
My very reliable source* is saying there will be a playable demo on January 2024, and release window is Spring-Summer 2024

*source is a guy in a FGC discord that constantly posts random leaks and they all turn out to be true

furry lion race made it in. i hope other, cooler concept from dogma 1 design document also made the cut like the moon space elevator dungeon.

I’ve got to think if they’re returning to the same location as the first game, it’s partly because they’re going to be doing all the locations that had to be cut from the original this go around.

EOgXdQ5XUAAwBex.jpg:large

Sentinel

Arcane
furry lion race made it in. i hope other, cooler concept from dogma 1 design document also made the cut like the moon space elevator dungeon.

I’ve got to think if they’re returning to the same location as the first game, it’s partly because they’re going to be doing all the locations that had to be cut from the original this go around.

If anyone actually watched the conference Itsuno gave when he showed this image, he mentioned specifically that this was just a very rough world design image they made before any actual work on the game started. This was never "cut content", they were just throwing around ideas for how the world would be structured.

It's the first game but expanded with better graphics. God bless Itsuno.
My very reliable source* is saying there will be a playable demo on January 2024, and release window is Spring-Summer 2024

*source is a guy in a FGC discord that constantly posts random leaks and they all turn out to be true

I think Spring-Summer of next year is just the October 2020 leak list date pushed back to next year.

If anyone actually watched the conference Itsuno gave when he showed this image, he mentioned specifically that this was just a very rough world design image they made before any actual work on the game started. This was never "cut content", they were just throwing around ideas for how the world would be structured.

But they did have to reign in the size of the world for budget reasons.

Fargus

Arcane
Doesn't look half bad from the trailer. A certain "plastic" feel to it maybe in some of the gameplay bits.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
So, the original vision for DD1, with RE-engine graphics but left unpruned and expanded beyond the original's borders.

That's alright enough for me, DD1's biggest flaw wasn't a lack of good systems or gameplay but of pure meaty content. Little disappointed they're not taking the sequel to somewhere new, I'd hoped a post-DD1 ruined Gran Soren would make for a good endgame area.

Last edited:

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There is just one thing ruining the trailer for me and can't unsee it now. Around 1:08 when the ogre destroys the bridge, the ox to the left of the Arisen does not even move or reacts. Looks so bad. Everything else is masterpiece all can't go wrong. Maybe the lack of co-op could be a negative too

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is just one thing ruining the trailer for me and can't unsee it now. Around 1:08 when the ogre destroys the bridge, the ox to the left of the Arisen does not even move or reacts. Looks so bad. Everything else is masterpiece all can't go wrong. Maybe the lack of co-op could be a negative too
Oxes are chill af, they don't care about us and our saving the world. Or he he knows that he's going to end up like meat, anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom