Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1684963741917580.png

So essentially this sequel is them realising all their scrapped ideas for DD1 because now they got the hardware?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Checking the map... oh no

the elves
from all possible races they took them
even Dark Souls 2 had oversized dvarwes, but this?

gaussgunner

Arcane

I’ve got to think if they’re returning to the same location as the first game, it’s partly because they’re going to be doing all the locations that had to be cut from the original this go around.

EOgXdQ5XUAAwBex.jpg:large
Very little of this was actually cut. They just renamed most of the areas and made this island the southeast part of a larger continent. Upper right remote island is Duskmoon Tower. Upper left is the dragon's domain. Endless tower is Everfall. Lower right island could be BBI and maybe the moon level was merged with it.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some early promotional photos have begun to appear from the official Twitter account:

For the ones that cannot see the image, I pasted it below. The image is quite big, which leads me to believe you can use it as wallpaper. And the cool thing: no annoying watermarks. So enjoy picture of gigantic lizard!

Fw7p7fWXoAQJriW

Modron

Arcane
To be fair the first game had buhlacks, the french knight wasn't white for sure. The addition of furries, well yeah that is something I could have done without.

Last edited:
Probably. Multiplayer was originally meant to be in the original. With the original idea for it basically being how multiplayer worked in DMC5, and part of the Endless Tower.

The little interaction they showed could be some new system to encourage and discourage pawns.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's some more pictures pasted from their site, just in case anyone is too lazy to browse their site, but still wants to see some pictures. The first one is The Arisen. The second are some Pawn samples.

story_01-img02.jpg

story_01-img03.jpg

Dodo1610

Arcane
The official websites make it very clear that it's still a single-player game without Coop

https://www.dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/
The deep, explorable fantasy world of Dragon's Dogma...
Dragon's Dogma is a single player, narrative driven action-RPG that challenges players to choose their own experience – from the appearance of their Arisen, their vocation, their party, how to approach different situations and more.

On your journey, you’ll be joined by Pawns, mysterious otherworldly beings, in an adventure so unique you will feel as if accompanied by other players while on your own adventure.

All of these elements are elevated further by the latest in graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics technology to create a truly immersive fantasy world in Dragon's Dogma 2.

5bCaYeK.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom