Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

DD was a great little game wonder if they'll expand the current classes or make new ones, a druid or a dark warlock would be nice
I have the exact opposite opinion; adding more classes may make their mechanics more pigeon-holed / one dimensional. Having less, but distinct classes would be better. In example; instead of adding a new class, they can flesh out Warrior more. Giving them a throwing weapon for ranged combat, and some skills for grappling style fighting moves would be interesting. (Oh, and give that class a two handed battle axe, some of us wants to play as Barbarian!)
As mediocrepoet mentioned, a summoner / druid class would be cool.

I'm a little surprised the Warrior class didn't have throwing knives or a crossbow given the class is basically the Guts class, and he's got both of those. The Strider's Splitter moves however are something Gut's does, so it's not exactly a one to one for Guts.

Berserk---c315-(v35)---p213-%5BDigital-HD%5D-%5Bdanke-Empire%5D.jpg

Dragon's Dogma Online gave the Warrior class a Rage.

I'd be really surprised if this game didn't add more new classes on top of some version of classes that got added in Online. Berserk has some characters I could definitely see getting translated into new Classes for this game, specifically Griffith with his Sabre and Silat with his whip sword and claws.

Also, it's Capcom, I wouldn't worry about Classes becoming too similar if there's a bunch of them. I mean, heres a showcasing of the move sets of every character in Capcom's Sengoku Basara 4, it's forty characters and they all have very different moves. Take a look at something like their fighting games...some of which were made by the director of this game. They could easily double the amount of Classes from the first game without butting up against them being too similar to each other.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
All I really want or hope for in-terms of new classes is the addition of a new Green Category representing faith-based magic classes, so you don't have to really on a mage for combat healing all of the time. DD1 already makes mention of "The Faith" and a Grand Cathedral in the mainland outside of Gransys.

Cleric > Priest
Green/Red = Paladin
Green/Yellow = Monk
Green/Blue = Sage

Or some other somesuch.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
I'm a little surprised the Warrior class didn't have throwing knives or a crossbow given the class is basically the Guts class, and he's got both of those.
They should give Warrior (Guts) class a "grasses" to put on as well. (Sorry, bad Berserk intro music joke*)
RIP Kentaro Miura by the way. If he wouldn't waste fucking 9 years on that boat arc, we may have seen a proper ending to Berserk before he died.

* Penpals - Tell Me Why (Berserk Intro Music)

somerandomdude

Learned
All of you who emoji me and reee at my comments without being able to make any argument for or against anything, are worthless fucking pieces of shit. And you know it too, that's why you are butthurt at me. It's part butthurt, part jealousy. You sad fucks.

Relax, don't get mad, or you'll just get more of it if people think they will get a reaction out of you.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
All of you who emoji me and reee at my comments without being able to make any argument for or against anything, are worthless fucking pieces of shit. And you know it too, that's why you are butthurt at me. It's part butthurt, part jealousy. You sad fucks.

Relax, don't get mad, or you'll just get more of it if people think they will get a reaction out of you.
Lies. We're mostly just impressed that he has all the big boy words.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We are?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

We are?
:lol: Well, someone might be.

All I really want or hope for in-terms of new classes is the addition of a new Green Category representing faith-based magic classes, so you don't have to really on a mage for combat healing all of the time. DD1 already makes mention of "The Faith" and a Grand Cathedral in the mainland outside of Gransys.

Cleric > Priest
Green/Red = Paladin
Green/Yellow = Monk
Green/Blue = Sage

Or some other somesuch.

I'm pretty sure the Mystic Knight is Dragon's Dogma's take on a Cleric and Paladin. In Dragon's Dogma Online the Vocation gets rebranded as Shield Sage, and it gets a new "magic wand" Rod weapon that's a mace. Wouldn't be too surprised if that carried into this.

There's also a Priest Vocation in Online, although it's a more specialized version of the Mage. Some Vocations ended up getting more specialized in Online since it's a multiplayer game. It also added three new Vocations with their own new weapons. The Alchemist, which is a melee class with Magick Gauntlets; this class has a version of Terry Bogard's Power Geyser and Geese's Raging Storm. There's a Spirit Lancer with a new Lance weapon. And High Scepter with a new type of sword weapon; this class has some moves similar to Vergil in Devil May Cry.

I hope we get more Red Earth characters.

It'd be interesting if this one went the Red Earth direction. If Online is any indication this series is going the Final Fantasy route of being a different world with similar things (like monsters) across them all; that'd fit with the idea of the first game too, where everyone's game is meant to be a different reality. But the thing about Red Earth is it's one of those fantasy worlds that's actually a post-apocalyptic sci-fi fantasy world.

In the American release they changed the intro saying Red Earth took place after a post-apocalypse. Although in Tessa/Tabasa's ending you've still got the lab full of computers, and in her bad ending she says something about the brain thing on the final boss being some kind of alien.

Sentinel

Arcane
The game looks amazing. Really surprised. Glad they brought back grigori and his voice actor. Glad they're implementing the beast races they had originally planned for the original. Glad they're keeping the grounded aesthetic to the monsters and pulling them straight from mythology. And I am so glad they're keeping the grandiose magic & expanding it with utility/exploration magic as well.

Good work to Itsuno & the lads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom