Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Some of the quests they describe sound Hitman-esque. The good Hitman games. That's the last thing I'd expect in a DD game. I don't remember there being anything like that in the original. That's fucking amazing if true.
There was some pretty cool stuff in the sidequests of the first game if you got creative, using disguises, befriending specific people, stuff like that. Most people didn't bother and just thwacked monsters.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Some of the quests they describe sound Hitman-esque. The good Hitman games. That's the last thing I'd expect in a DD game. I don't remember there being anything like that in the original. That's fucking amazing if true.
There was some pretty cool stuff in the sidequests of the first game if you got creative, using disguises, befriending specific people, stuff like that. Most people didn't bother and just thwacked monsters.
Now that you mention it I do remember there being one quest that felt somewhat open-ended. I think it was in Gran Soren.

Carceri

Arcane
Full harem party or full Bro party. Choose wisely western man.
The former. Anybody sees a bunch of guys hanging out in the woods alone together is gonna wonder.
catalina-boy-band-brad-mcguire.gif
Careful about that, Capcom is on to you:
RDT-20240320-0029306742676650084454257.jpg

https://en.softonic.com/articles/dr...ale-characters-and-it-will-tell-other-players

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Aw no. That's terrible because I've always tried to hide my thirst and fascination with the female arse. Guess I'm getting exposed.

Anyways PS5 version has the most reviews and is sitting at 87 on metacritic which is right around where it will settle I wager. Not half bad for a game that is going to filter the absolute fuck out of normies.
:mixedemotions:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Awful performance put aside, the game seems like a disappointment
I am shocked that it only takes like 40 hours to do everything that the game has to offer (including the endgame content!). I really expected the game to be "bigger". Though I don't have a problem with short games, but at least give me something like Everfall, where you can grind for better items.

Also, performance seems to be absolutely ass. Here I was hoping that I would get AT LEAST constant 60fps on 4k on max settings, but that seems to be a pipe dream.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
giphy.gif

Supposedly it's easy (no difficulty modes, but we get adaptive difficulty that mollycoddles everyone with journalist difficulty mode if you fail enough) and the endgame is even worse than Everfall was.
There's gotta be a way to disable that shit. I wasn't expecting much of a endgame. Like the original that will come later.

Dyet

Novice
giphy.gif

Supposedly it's easy (no difficulty modes, but we get adaptive difficulty that mollycoddles everyone with journalist difficulty mode if you fail enough) and the endgame is even worse than Everfall was.
I am shocked that it only takes like 40 hours to do everything that the game has to offer (including the endgame content!). I really expected the game to be "bigger". Though I don't have a problem with short games, but at least give me something like Everfall, where you can grind for better items.

Also, performance seems to be absolutely ass. Here I was hoping that I would get AT LEAST constant 60fps on 4k on max settings, but that seems to be a pipe dream.
Pretty much. The leaked footage and what I'm reading in reviews hasn't impressed me. I might get it years down the line when its version of Dark Arisen is on sale and there are, hopefully, good mods out.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The OG wasn't very difficult either until Dark Arisen came along. I don't see how this is shocking news. Seriously tho you better be able to disable that "adaptive" difficulty shit. It was worthless in REmake 2 and only made the game more annoying.

Jinn

Arcane
am shocked that it only takes like 40 hours to do everything that the game has to offer (including the endgame content!).
I've already read reviews that say upward of 80-90 hours. I generally wouldn't trust lower end hour clockings on a game like this. Especially from reviewers just trying to get the job done.

Source on this? Also wouldn't be surprised if it was an opinion based entirely on critical path content.

Crayll

Liturgist
Remember these are game journalist reviews, they're going to miss 90% of the content that they aren't railroaded into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom