Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Huh, didn't they say that the game doesn't have quest markers? I see them all over the place.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't mind techical problems and such and I do very mind return of the microtransactions, in a fucking single player $70 game ($50 in Steam Turkey though)
Seriosly considering refunding and save that money for some other game that really deserve that kind of money and probably rebuy DD2 after 5-6 years when its on sale %80-90. Oh Metro where are thou...

Shrimp

Arbiter
FWIW I remember DD1 also had an online store where you could buy bundles of rift coins and I doubt more than a handful of people ever interacted with it since enemies dropped RC in abundant quantities and you could buy things like metamorphosis potions at a modest price ingame. Don't know if anything's different in the DD2 rift crystal shop but I assume the microtransaction bundles exist solely to bait a few additional dollars out of clueless people whose playtime is less than an hour

That being said apparently you can't even restart your character without manually deleting your save file? That sounds absolutely retarded. I genuinely can't figure out if this is their way of trying to nudge people to buy the character editor or if it's just a prime display of developer incompetence

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Performance is bad in towns with gtx 3080 and ryzen 7 3700x. Never goes below 40 fps. this alone made it wait till patched before buying

As for microtransaction, it's dumb since rift crystals, camping kits, wakestones, and art of metamorphosis is available in game and honesly it prefer they sell these useless things than locking cosmetics/armors and weapons behind DLC like monster hunter DLCs because games like this visual progression is important and i would hate if they sell cool equipmebt in microtransaction. Let fools part with their money but dont butcher my game.

The game itself is very cool so far, pretty much everything i asked for for a dragon's dogma game, and while i dont regret spending 60 bux (from fanatical discount) i would wait a month or 2 till this gets further patches.

ferratilis

Magister
Not surprised tbh, Capcom seems to do that with all their recent games. All the shit you can unlock just by playing can be bought from the store. To us, it seems stupid, but Capcom knows there are people out there with a lot of cash, and very few braincells. Optimization is the thing that bugs me most.

oido8a9.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
38% steam review score? Guess I won't be buying it for now. The complaints are mostly about optimization and microtransactions, but the latter is not a good sign for content quality, so I'd rather wait and see.

Jinn

Arcane
microtransactions, but the latter is not a good sign for content quality,
Haven't seen any indication in 6 hours of play of microtransactions having any impact on actual gameplay. It's pretty much like how it is in every Capcom game, where you'd be robbing yourself of progression and fun if you bought any of that shit. And if you're stupid enough to do so, hey, you don't deserve the fun you're losing anyway. I hate the garbage being there at all, but I really couldn't care less if it doesn't have any negative effect on my gameplay experience.

As for some of these complaints about difficulty: clearly a lot of these reviewers rarely went off the beaten path. Yeah, if you're wailing on goblins and harpies on critical path quests for the first 10-15 hours, of course it's always going to feel easy. Look around, find a little cavern leading into the darkness, and you're going to get butt-fuggled by a troll at LVL 10 for sure. There's challenge to be found here. It's just for people who have enough of a sense of adventure to not go directly where the game asks them to at every turn. At least - again - this is what I've found to be true in my first 6 hours. I think I have three deaths behind me so far. It's not crazy difficult or anything, but it provides a nice challenge when you're looking for it.

As for performance, yeah, it's not where it should be. But on my midrange system on medium-high settings, I'm hitting around 60fps in wilderness and 35-40 in densely populated areas. It hasn't gotten in the way of my gameplay in the least. I find the game to be beautiful, but I'm a sucker for lush wilderness and sprawling vistas.

Anyway, having a blast.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Look around, find a little cavern leading into the darkness, and you're going to get butt-fuggled by a troll at LVL 10 for sure.
This is exactly the kind of thing I like doing but... is it just going to be a dissapointment like it was in ER? Is there anything in that dark cave worth your time, or is it going to be some gold and a weapon/hat you'll never use? The pre-release stuff seemed to imply there were going to be hidden masters to find and teach you secret vocations... but that was horseshit right? So what the fuck am I exploring for besides to find yet another cyclops or whatever?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not sure what the butthurt is about the RC store, assuming you can still earn it in game from the pawn system. Either way, it was always only for cosmetic type stuff. YMMV. I had millions of them on my DD1 PC character.
How is it for cosmetic type stuff only, when shit you can buy in the store allows you to recruit better pawns or more frequent fast travel?

That's blatantly pay2win.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure what the butthurt is about the RC store, assuming you can still earn it in game from the pawn system. Either way, it was always only for cosmetic type stuff. YMMV. I had millions of them on my DD1 PC character.
How is it for cosmetic type stuff only, when shit you can buy in the store allows you to recruit better pawns or more frequent fast travel?

That's blatantly pay2win.
the game isnt rigged so you need these, hell if you used these you'd rob yourself out of the progression

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Yeah, the microtransactions are probably the least of the game's problems, eventhough the Art of Metamorphosis item is somewhat of an outrage: in Dark Arisen, you had to buy it with Rift Crystals as well iirc, but it permanently unlocked the character editor, whereas now it's one-time use.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Yeah, the microtransactions are probably the least of the game's problems, eventhough the Art of Metamorphosis item is somewhat of an outrage: in Dark Arisen, you had to buy it with Rift Crystals as well iirc, but it permanently unlocked the character editor, whereas now it's one-time use.
In the original you could initially only buy one-time uses but after reaching the post-game you could unlock it permanently

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Ulrika is quite fine indeed. Already promised my heart to Wilhelmina though. Ohwell.

Fuck I might have to cheat on Wilhelmina.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom