Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
huh my file doesnt look like this, there is only male and female caste, no female caste with male gender
its generated based on steam gender

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
How about just play the game and stop to taint gaming thread with this 4chan crap? Keep this culture war nonsense out from gaming threads.
It does relate to the game though. Especially with animals who can end up being exclusively homosexual, which is only rarely observed in the wild. Got an elephant bull in musth, ready to fuck anything that moves? Tough luck, all the nearby elephant cows think boys are icky. That war elephant army you wanted will have to wait. Of course that isn't how nature typically works and it can make getting a desired embark scenario difficult, or just fuck with your animal population in general. If animals had the same relationship mechanics that civilized species had it may matter, but right now it is an entirely negative mechanic that offers nothing of value and isn't even accurate in how it is portrayed.
That is indeed an issue. But is related mostly in a balancing gameplay factor. Well is a thing you can totally disable tho.I dont think the side issues were intentional toady himself admitted that the percentage were out of scale.
We've played the game ten years ago. It hasn't improved at all. And here is from the slimy baldie xirself:

Fun fact: I got permanently banned from Bay12 by Toady for saying "Then I wish the donations would stop, if that is what it takes to fix the UI". after Toady himself had replied to the UI question that he would only touch it if he couldn't get enough patreon bux. (As a generally well behaved and helpful poster with account ageing in years).

Ten years of simulated leaves later, here we are.

But hey, at least he finally fixed the aquifers?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

How about just play the game and stop to taint gaming thread with this 4chan crap? Keep this culture war nonsense out from gaming threads.
It does relate to the game though. Especially with animals who can end up being exclusively homosexual, which is only rarely observed in the wild. Got an elephant bull in musth, ready to fuck anything that moves? Tough luck, all the nearby elephant cows think boys are icky. That war elephant army you wanted will have to wait. Of course that isn't how nature typically works and it can make getting a desired embark scenario difficult, or just fuck with your animal population in general. If animals had the same relationship mechanics that civilized species had it may matter, but right now it is an entirely negative mechanic that offers nothing of value and isn't even accurate in how it is portrayed.
That is indeed an issue. But is related mostly in a balancing gameplay factor. Well is a thing you can totally disable tho.I dont think the side issues were intentional toady himself admitted that the percentage were out of scale.
We've played the game ten years ago. It hasn't improved at all. And here is from the slimy baldie xirself:

Fun fact: I got permanently banned from Bay12 by Toady for saying "Then I wish the donations would stop, if that is what it takes to fix the UI". after Toady himself had replied to the UI question that he would only touch it if he couldn't get enough patreon bux. (As a generally well behaved and helpful poster with account ageing in years).

Ten years of simulated leaves later, here we are.

But hey, at least he finally fixed the aquifers?

They have done a good work with the ui tho. He may have some stupid idea but the game is still great on his complexity.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
It's good that one can still moan :majordecline: about the game.

Last time I played it like ten years ago. I thought that I'll get back to it once army campaigns would be implemented in fortress mode. Or thievery would be implemented in adventure.
Instead we got all colors of faggotry.

edit: asfasdf, you literally got ahead of me by a second.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
According to Steam Community posters, there will be a "classic" version where you can switch off the new tileset "soon." The old "Matrix" style visuals objectively look much better than the new tileset which has no soul.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Why would dwarves struggling to survive in a harsh world waste energy inventing genders and calculating the ratio of their preference of male genitalia to female genitalia? From the perspective of simulating a believable world, it's incongruous and therefore should not be part of the game.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Anyways i had actually some dwarf disappearing to then be found dead after quite sometimes. Turned out there were a pack of undead and a necromancer close to the area. Getting rid of it was not complicated but hell

Gregz

Arcane
I wonder what Gary Gygax would think about trannies and queers being normalized into such a setting.
"What's a tranny?"

Knowing nerd types like him he'd be okay with it all.

I doubt it.

The foundation pillars of D&D are Tolkein and Robert E. Howard. "Torturing the flesh" would put you squarely in the Monster Manual, if anywhere.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wrll you are not interested on a game you have not even played it nor you have the interest on play it yet your contribution is plaguing the thread with your ramblings. Seems the problem is not quite mine. Noisy Americans

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Knowing nerd types like him he'd be okay with it all.
No, Gary had the good kind of autism about these sorts of things. He'd probably demand that any such faggotry be rare and justifiable with in-world mechanics that aren't centered around anyone who wants to larping as a faggot in a dress, if he even allowed it at all.

The fantasy setting is inherently meant to be more conservative, with concepts like Good and Evil being well-defined. It's about a world that sadly no longer exists. Where different races are in different countries and have their own unique cultures because of it. Many of the conflicts in Gary's D&D basically racial in nature because of this. Orcs are an evil race, they kill, kidnap and rape because they're evil. If you're fighting an orc, you're killing him because he's evil, but he's evil because of his race. Something that SJW fags can't accept.

Gary didn't like Drizzt or any of what Salvatore did with the Drow to water them down for the mass market, and he probably wouldn't like a bunch of pedophile freaks trying to turn D&D into yet another grooming tool.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Wrll you are not interested on a game you have not even played
I played the game for years, before he baked this faggot shit into it.

I was a fan of the game almost since day one and then put it down for a long time, only to return and find that the brain parasite of woke had led Tarn & Zach to poison their game, and a horde of good-for-what-it-is reddit consumers like you are cheering it on.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Wrll you are not interested on a game you have not even played
I played the game for years, before he baked this faggot shit into it.

I was a fan of the game almost since day one and then put it down for a long time, only to return and find that the brain parasite of woke had led Tarn & Zach to poison their game, and a horde of good-for-what-it-is reddit consumers like you are cheering it on.
Is stilld Df you can toss those trannie dwarf down a volcano or mod them away dosnt make the gamr less valid.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
my question is df a good game or is it just an over-glorified ant farm

i don't mind games that have mind-numbing amounts of detail, but if it loses sight of the big picture and gets bogged down then it's not a good game

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

i don't mind games that have mind-numbing amounts of detail, but if it loses sight of the big picture and gets bogged down then it's not a good game
Df is huge it does not hold your hand and is a simulated procedurally generated world with history factions and so on so forth how you play is on you

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Is stilld Df you can toss those trannie dwarf down a volcano or mod them away dosnt make the gamr less valid.
I've modded other games, and as people here know, I've made headlines for doing so (even if the media distorted things, as usual - I never called it a "whites only" mod, etc.).

But how long before they ban such mods from the Steam workshop, like Paradox did? Or make it harder or impossible to mod it out, as Caves of QUD did?

If you support this woke shit, you will get more woke shit.

No, you need to draw a line somewhere and say "No, I'm not buying your gayass game, faggot."

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

It's a program for generating reddit posts about what cool randumb stories your game came up with

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I've modded other games, and as people here know, I've made headlines for doing so (even if the distorted things, as usual).

But how long before they ban such mods from the Steam workshop, like Paradox did? Or make it harder or impossible to mod it out, as Caves of QUD did?

If you support this woke shit, you will get more woke shit.

No, you need to draw a line somewhere and say "No, I'm not buying your gayass game, faggot."
If it were a new game i would even respect your point however is df is a game i loved for years gave me thousants of hours of fun. I wont boycot it because soneone took offense for a gay dwarf you can disable in the txt or mod away. Nor i would hijack a thread for some virtue signaling or culture war nonsense that dont exist in the country i am.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom