Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

Caim

Arcane
Valve has at least one massive public persona
Yeah but our lord and saviour GabeN are rarely doing anything than being a wholesome whale. He never "speak out" and has always distanced himself from politiking.
Honestly if I was making millions every day just by sitting there and doing nothing but make sure my customers can buy from my suppliers I'd be content with staying put as well.

Perkel

Arcane
pretty good for 30$ game. toady is rolling in dough. Must be weird that after 20 years of eating pizza he can afford bicycle and AC to his room.

image.png

None

Arbiter
Now that any mouth breathing idiot will play what used to be my favorite game, I expect nothing but decline from here on out.

pretty good for 30$ game. toady is rolling in dough. Must be weird that after 20 years of eating pizza he can afford bicycle and AC to his room.
They (Tarn and Zach) were already doing relatively well. Patreon alone brought them $10k a month.

Pipeweed

Arcane
Wasnt there a main combat log for everything in old version? I have to check notifications...
Already kinda bored fighting undead chinchillas

None

Arbiter
Wasnt there a main combat log for everything in old version? I have to check notifications...
IIRC the hotkey was R

Speaking of which: are all the hotkeys still intact? I still have most memorized after all these years, would be a shame if they switched them up. That is if I end up buying this, who knows.

Perkel

Arcane
IIRC the hotkey was R

Speaking of which: are all the hotkeys still intact? I still have most memorized after all these years, would be a shame if they switched them up. That is if I end up buying this, who knows.
nope everything is reworked.

For one you have mouse now and mouse menus. Welcome to 21 century.
WSAD now moves camera around. ESC closes current ui, tooltips for everything and other wizardy like that.

so far i like very much new UI. It is tasteful.

Music absolutely fucking rocks.

I mean just look at this. It tells you in details what it does:

image.png

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Can you turn off the new graphics but keep the new UI?

None

Arbiter
IIRC the hotkey was R

WSAD now moves camera around. ESC closes current ui, tooltips for everything and other wizardy like that.

image.png
Thank god. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and I never knew what dig actually meant!

Jokes aside, is there at least an option to modify the hotkeys? A legacy mode? Having to completely relearn the controls is annoying and makes me more likely to just stick with the ASCII version, even though I do like some of the new menus in the steam version.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
GrainWetski Krugg is a saint!

E: Since this makes DF accessible to normies, the game will only go further downhill from here. That's the sad truth. It's already infested with the usual suspects, which is why we have tranny Dorfs.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really curious how you get the info tab as well. I know they pop up when stuff actually happens, but I want to use it manually. Same with the combat log. Think it was A and R in the free version.

Another thing that is a little annoying, is that nick names don't replace original names? Maybe I'm missing something. I always give my guys a nick name so I can tell it's my boys. But now something is created is refers to the creators original name.

dehimos

Augur
IIRC the hotkey was R

Thank god. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and I never knew what dig actually meant!

Jokes aside, is there at least an option to modify the hotkeys? A legacy mode? Having to completely relearn the controls is annoying and makes me more likely to just stick with the ASCII version, even though I do like some of the new menus in the steam version.

Yes, you can modify the hotkeys.
AtzaSrR.png

Rephyrnomicon

Novice
bug with custom stockpiles. Usable but like you see ui broken

image.png
Go into your video options, then increase your maximum interface with to the width of your monitor.
Set "Scale interface to fit grid height/width" to 'No'.
Then change "Interface scaling if not fitting width" to around 200, and adjust up or down to your liking. (I've been liking 250)

Hope this helps!

Perkel

Arcane
bug with custom stockpiles. Usable but like you see ui broken

image.png
Go into your video options, then increase your maximum interface with to the width of your monitor.
Set "Scale interface to fit grid height/width" to 'No'.
Then change "Interface scaling if not fitting width" to around 200, and adjust up or down to your liking. (I've been liking 250)

Hope this helps!

Thanks. Yeah fixed but now ui is super small.

They need some more work on it. There is ton of wasted space like in case of stocks that could work if they just widened enough it. Also noticed that if your ui is big then it outright cuts stuff from view. Like case of happines drinks food etc.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I've been excited about this release for a long time.

Bought it right after work. Played it. Immediately lost two hours to it. Love it.

Who's going to be the hero that mods out the trannies and goes down in gaming journo history?
[CASTE:FEMALE]
The gender tag lets it know how breeding works.
[FEMALE]
[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:100:0:0]
[ORIENTATION MALE:0:0:100]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
To add beards, put square brackets around the following:
BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS

[CASTE: MALE]
[MALE]
[ORIENTATION:FEMALE:0:0:100]
[ORIENTATION MALE:100:0:0]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
This removes the fags, apparently - the orientation lines in specific. It's the creature_standard.txt in data>vanilla>vanilla creatures, line 328.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom