Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If it were a new game i would even respect your point however is df is a game i loved for years gave me thousant of hour of fun.
As D&D is to me. But it's also corrupted with woke faggot shit, so I will stick to the old version and not give them my money.
I wont boycot it because soneone took offense for a gay dwarf you can disable in the txt or mod away.
I take offense. I'm the one boycotting. You can buy whatever faggot garbage you like though.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

If it were a new game i would even respect your point however is df is a game i loved for years gave me thousant of hour of fun.
As D&D is to me. But it's also corrupted with woke faggot shit, so I will stick to the old versions.
I wont boycot it because soneone took offense for a gay dwarf you can disable in the txt or mod away.
I take offense. I'm the one boycotting. You can buy whatever faggot garbage you like though.
fully noted that. Stop crying and let actually the ones that enjoy the game post about it i dont care for your feelings move on.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Fuky noted fo that
No idea what this means. Has the woke parasite begun eating your brain?
stop crying and let actually the ones that enjoy the game post about it
How about you stop whining that not everyone wants to support this pedophile ideology Tarn is sticking in the game and post about it yourself? :roll:
Good go to complain to him again i dont care what i care about is the noise your crying is doing.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Good go to complain to him again i dont care what i care about is the noise your crying is doing.
You realize I'm responding to your posts, right? Work it out, you silly woman.
I do and if you know me you are aware i dislike the pandering as well. However like i said is not an huge deal for me i can disable and mod that if i want. My problem is some people here in the codex are no different from the crying babies that want this things in the game. I find them both absolutely retarded and i cant enjoy a thread when even who dont play the game comes here screeching.
I may add if i been harsh with you my apologies but i am fed up with certain liars and schitzos.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I do and if you know me you are aware i dislike the pandering as well. However like i said is not an huge deal for me i can disable and mod that if i want.
Again, I don't care if you can (for now) disable it with a mod that you'll have to create yourself. I don't want to support it with my money.

If you disagree with that, fine, but I'm still going to voice that opinion. And the more you complain, the more I'm going to post in response.

If you really don't want to see more posts about it, you should stop whining and let people have their say. But you keep the argument going with every post.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I do and if you know me you are aware i dislike the pandering as well. However like i said is not an huge deal for me i can disable and mod that if i want.
Again, I don't care if you can (for now) disable it with a mod that you'll have to create yourself. I don't want to support it with my money.

If you disagree with that, fine, but I'm still going to talk about it, and the more you complain, the more I'm going to post in response.

If you really don't want to see more posts about it, you should stop whining and let people have their say, but you keep the argument going with every post.
You said your take. Thats it no need to repeat it iver and over like a parrot.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
all this fightin' and no one can give a good answer as to whether or not df is an over-glorified ant farm simulator or not, although i should have probably asked if any sort of meaningful... raison d'etre binds the whole thing together into one cohesive mass

i don't care if the game simulates the dwarf's blood pressure or bladder levels or not - does it lose track of itself in the big picture?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
all this fightin' and no one can give a good answer as to whether or not df is an over-glorified ant farm simulator
The main game pretty much is, yes. TBH, I preferred it when it was more two dimensional and simple. There are lots of details to distract from this and another, simpler game mode that's more like a roguelike, but it doesn't change what it is.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

all this fightin' and no one can give a good answer as to whether or not df is an over-glorified ant farm simulator or not, although i should have probably asked if any sort of meaningful... raison d'etre binds the whole thing together into one cohesive mass

i don't care if the game simulates the dwarf's blood pressure or bladder levels or not - does it lose track of itself in the big picture?
Sorry i cant speak about the game in the codex apparently or people get offended. Pm me if you want nice details or just watch the sseth revire in youtube that is quite hilarious.

Delphik

Thank you, I'll never bother with a game where the developer nerfs the shit out of something because it's "inhumane"

Hell even the Sims lets you lock people in your basement and force them to paint for you for money and they never fixed that afaik, you know you fucked up when EA allows that shit and you don't.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

Thank you, I'll never bother with a game where the developer nerfs the shit out of something because it's "inhumane"

Hell even the Sims lets you lock people in your basement and force them to paint for you for money and they never fixed that afaik, you know you fucked up when EA allows that shit and you don't.

Couldn't he have discouraged this in a more tasteful way, eg the demand lowered as more buyers found out about the gruesome process?

Delphik

Couldn't he have discouraged this in a more tasteful way, eg the demand lowered as more buyers found out about the gruesome process?

He could have made it interesting like you said, but that would require him to do some work which is unacceptable.
let's spend countless hours to implement detailed faggotry instead.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Is more than an ant farm you start to generate your world and that will generate flora fauna creature factions realms npcs relations politics the whole history and lore of your world. You will emark with the task to create a new fort or city wich is not easy. The game world is totally simulates it has 3 dimention even if is 2d creature swim and fly and you have terraforming. Each npc.has relations a way to see thinga in a vwry detailed fashion. You will start to carve your way in to shaping a civilization but there are many challenges to be had. What you make of it dependa on you is a sandbox. You can wage war have diplomacy commerce. All is miticolusly detailed. And no playtrough is similiar to the other.

Legebds mode is the database of the world you just generated everythibg is there from historical creature to settlements to all the action taken by characters and the cities founded year per year.

Adventure more that will come soon let you play in your world with a your character or a band of adventurers adventuring around.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There should really be a hidden counter for good creatures that die in a land. The more die, the more it shifts the area into an evil region by a small, fractional amount. Think of it like a pollution mechanic. Sure, you can be evil and profit from it tremendously, but doing so will cost you in the long-term.

Of course, thinking of something like this would require one having NOT having turned into an SJW tranny-pusher with a stick up one's ass.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Half the fun of dwarf fortress is coming up with creative ways to be a genocidal monster, the fact that the dev is nerfing cool shit like Mermaid genocide machines and putting in gay bullshit like tranny dwarves tells you all you need to know. Will never get a cent of my money.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never played the original DF so yes I'm a bad person .. trying to figure out if I should ultimately take the plunge here or spend those thousands of hours on something else in my life.

I watched some gameplay and the keyword here seems to be "overwhelming". Like the guy opened the merchant interface and showed "OK here are the 3200 different goods that can be crafted, harvested, conjured, dreamed, contracted, bought, or sold" .. I'm like that's nice but not really in the mood to get a 2 year college degree just in this game to be able to play it. Discuss.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It appears more complex than it is. Yes, there are 27528 types of leather but in the end they all function exactly the same.

There is some nuance with metals for weapons and armor but it's all fairly logical. Copper < Iron < Bronze < Steel, heavy Metal good for smashing, lighter metal good for everything else.

I wonder what Gary Gygax would think about trannies and queers being normalized into such a setting.
"What's a tranny?"

Knowing nerd types like him he'd be okay with it all.

5G6a4CP.png

Irata

Scholar
Is it worth learning DF?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Quickstart_guide
This is a pretty good intro to the game and is relatively short. If you find this tedious then it probably isn't worth the effort. I've read the shortcut keys are different in the Steam version and the UI is definitely different, so this tutorial might not be easy to follow if you've acquired that version.

If you think you'll enjoy it and are fine with the free version the "Lazy Newb Pack" is highly recommended. The mods it adds make the game less cumbersome and it also makes adding graphic tiles much easier if you dislike text.
https://www.dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:Lazy_Newb_Pack

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom