Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dwarf Fortress now on Steam with a graphical overhaul

oscar

Arcane
I don't want to give money to this fucker, would I be best to wait a month or so before torrenting or is the Steam version in solid condition as is?

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I don't want to give money to this fucker, would I be best to wait a month or so before torrenting or is the Steam version in solid condition as is?

Just make sure you torrent version 50.02 which fixed the menu crashes bug. More time, more fixes, but it’s in good shape.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I like DF mods
FjZRP_DVIAAbyzQ

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Normalfags can play the game without reading wiki articles for 2 hours beforehand? :decline:

In all seriousness, though, the quality of DF discussion and "community" is going to decline rapidly with this release. I guess that's just the nature of things unfortunately. Dorf's nature as a cool, niche, :obviously: game has already been tainted by Toady's faggotry for years, since you can't talk about it without someone bringing up trannies. Everything that's cool and "nerdy" always turns into tranny shit eventually (see also Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and other roguelikes). This is why it's just better to be a jock who plays FIFA and Madden.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Normalfags can play the game without reading wiki articles for 2 hours beforehand? :decline:

In all seriousness, though, the quality of DF discussion and "community" is going to decline rapidly with this release. I guess that's just the nature of things unfortunately. Dorf's nature as a cool, niche, :obviously: game has already been tainted by Toady's faggotry for years, since you can't talk about it without someone bringing up trannies. Everything that's cool and "nerdy" always turns into tranny shit eventually (see also Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead and other roguelikes). This is why it's just better to be a jock who plays FIFA and Madden.
I think I'm out of the loop. What do you mean DF and CDDA are "tranny shit"?

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Speaking of LCS, I think we can now put away the idea that it was a thoughtful satire of leftist ideology, considering Toady's recent practices.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
For now, but considering the whole mermaid business, maybe Toady will incorporate the Liberal Crime Squad into DF to put a stop to problematic players.
Yeah, I was going to say something similar. I could totally see some kind of world war or holy war scenario to stop Dwarf Hitler from wiping out the troons.

Sadly, as a liberal, it was only a matter of time before Toady's autism was turned against him.

Say goodbye to simulationism, say hello to hours spent protecting imaginary characters from racism or whatever.

thesecret1

Arcane
I expect something like a diversity score that you need to keep high or suffer crippling malluses, to motivate you to not just protect troons and fags, but go out of your way to obtain more of them

Alex

Arcane
I expect something like a diversity score that you need to keep high or suffer crippling malluses, to motivate you to not just protect troons and fags, but go out of your way to obtain more of them
Depending on how that would be done, that could even lead to more realism. I mean, a mod just has to invert some numbers somewhere and done, your "diverse" society actually plays like one...

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Personally I like the new visual bells and whistles and pretty tilesets and might actually play this now as long as I hear they didn't mess too much with what's under the hood of the original game. Will probably wait for an Adventure mode and a few more builds before getting it though.
It doesn't even include adventure mode??

:dead:

Checked the Steam forum earlier btw. Seems proper combat logs aren't there either. This was probably the key feature for plebbiters to gush over the oh so zany events in their fortresses.

8 page thread on it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/discussions/0/3709307511570233056/?ctp=8

But hey, at least you have trannies, right? :lol:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Personally I like the new visual bells and whistles and pretty tilesets and might actually play this now as long as I hear they didn't mess too much with what's under the hood of the original game. Will probably wait for an Adventure mode and a few more builds before getting it though.
It doesn't even include adventure mode??

:dead:

Checked the Steam forum earlier btw. Seems proper combat logs aren't there either. This was probably the key feature for plebbiters to gush over the oh so zany events in their fortresses.

8 page thread on it: https://steamcommunity.com/app/975370/discussions/0/3709307511570233056/?ctp=8

But hey, at least you have trannies, right? :lol:

I don't even know what "adventure mode" is in this game (perhaps someone can explain it to me), and since I respond to big colorful buzz words and terms like "ADVENTURE MODE!!!" I decided that if I'm going to get this game, it damn well better have it plus no one wants to buy a game that's missing entire features available in all previous builds, even if those features are probably useless or likely will never be used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom