Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

i stopped because even on beginner i'm being devastated by the computer. there must be something i do wrong but i can't understand what. it's always stronger and faster than me ._.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Play campaign on competent, beginner is too simple, higher difficulties are not that fitting for a campaign.

DakaSha

Arcane
I never played anything under expert and it didnt get boring. the only reason i stopped for now is because the game was designed around the campaign (sadly) making the random custom games kinda stupid. The campaign itself however, is just way to big.

Id play the campaign but knowing that the remake is coming out fairly soon, i just decided to wait for it.

This is still one of the best games ever made imo.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So tell me, in custom game you get all the buildings available? Gotta try it. Wonder what lies in tier 3 and 4 that I havent yet reached in the campaign...

tiagocc0

Arcane
I never played anything under expert and it didnt get boring. the only reason i stopped for now is because the game was designed around the campaign (sadly) making the random custom games kinda stupid. The campaign itself however, is just way to big.

Id play the campaign but knowing that the remake is coming out fairly soon, i just decided to wait for it.

I'm really enjoying it too, but I wouldn't expect much from the next one other than beautiful graphics.
Instead of one developer now the team is composed of several and if they want to target a bigger audience we can expect some things to be dumbed down.

DakaSha

Arcane

I'm really enjoying it too, but I wouldn't expect much from the next one other than beautiful graphics.
Instead of one developer now the team is composed of several and if they want to target a bigger audience we can expect some things to be dumbed down.

The campaign is being changed

tiagocc0

Arcane

The thing that I liked most is how the campaign is set.
:x

I just hope they won't change other key components of the game.

EDIT: forgot a word up there

DakaSha

Arcane

The thing that I liked most is how the campaign is set.
:x

I just hope they won't change other key components of the game.

EDIT: forgot a word up there

Afaik they arent changing any mechanics. they are just making the campiagn shorter and more concise which i think is a good idea

tiagocc0

Arcane
Afaik they arent changing any mechanics. they are just making the campiagn shorter and more concise which i think is a good idea

Hey, but on this interview (http://www.tacticularcancer.com/content.php?id=3817) he says:
Could you tell us a little bit about Eador: Masters of the Broken World, its back story, inspirations and gameplay elements?
Eador. Masters of the Broken World is a 3D-remake of an earlier 2D-game, originally released in Russia in 2010. The game looked nice and the press ratings were great, but, of course, these days you can’t expect too much in terms of sales from a 2D turn-based strategy not even featuring any animations. Development of the 3D Eador was started in 2011 by newly established Snowbird Game Studios.​

The original 2D prototype of Eador was developed by one person (with a little help of his friends) – Alexey Bokulev. Alexey has worked on that game for 3 years; it was his ‘dream game’ combining many cool features from his favorite strategy titles – Sid Meier’s Civilization, HoMM III and Master of Magic.​

Alexey has joined Snowbird to work on the international release of Eador. Masters of the Broken World as lead game designer. Our goal with this game is to preserve the best features of the original while improving the gameplay experience by introducing new elements and adjusting game mechanics.​

EDIT: This is also interesting: http://snowbirdgames.com/?p=646&lang=en

DakaSha

Arcane
Hmm well im not 100% sure. Maybe they are just balancing things.

I read a while ago its supposed to be literally the same game with a better campaign but who knows, may well be that getting it greenlit on steam has turned them into insufferable corporate cocksuckers :P

tiagocc0

Arcane
Hahah, yep
If it was only the original developer I wouldn't worry but it says the he joined Snowbird as lead game designer and I bet who's paying him must be sticking his finger all over the game.

Rpgsaurus Rex

I have faith. There's no need to dumb anything down for it to sell - just keep the lower difficulties gameplay "for everyone" (which will mostly be HoMM/AoW/etc. fans) and higher difficulties gameplay for Eador veterans.

It's a niche genre, it's not like it's competing for Call of Duty 8 (?)'s consumer base.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I needed at least 5 attempts to break position during attack against my shard. It's archer did 2x 14-20 damage, and he had mandrake and iron close, I had close oceans, and vampires.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I was closed from all direction by ocean and then an opponent managed to prevent me from expansion, and then beaten up two other opponents. I had a single champion who had decent armor and berserker ax. He beaten up all enemies up to enemy castle, beaten up vampire guard, then 5 armies and during epic fight against 5 executioners and brutal enemy archer, there was a musics from Juuni Koki. After two other fights with his ax broken, but a champion takes two backup weapons right, he beaten up garrison as well.

mondblut

Arcane
I read a while ago its supposed to be literally the same game with a better campaign

It is. But the main issue with Genesis is that it gets kinda repetetive after the first few shards, and an occasional special shard with different rules is one of the ways to address this problem.

tiagocc0

Arcane
The problem is the resolution, not your card.

http://af.gog.com/forum/eador_genesis/cant_launch_the_game_cannot_initialise_gfx?as=1649904300
Well, I finallly found the solution. The Russians from oldgames.ru made some specific version of DXWND (the link is on the developer's forum), which allow to launch this game without any problems in another resoultion. I've launched it in 1280x720 (which is dedicated for my netbook), there are unfortunatly two black spaces (on the left and right side of the screen), but the game is working fine. I've tried before with two another versions of DXWND, but only this from oldgames.ru allowed me to launch Eador.

Now you just have to find it, ;)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
an occasional special shard with different rules is one of the ways to address this problem.
That will not help them. They would need a detailed different stuff which is internally consistent, not just a 1/2 gems, or 2x more fear.

Basically they would need world building and write some fluff around these shards to make them unique, and perhaps even add victory condition to ownership of these shards.

Emily

Arcane
i think that is too much to ask for the addon. It is more for an Eador 2, which i presume the guy that made the original is working on.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
They are basically rewriting it from a scratch, they can add some text and improve gameplay. They definitely added bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom