Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

toro you are a gypsy vatnik and therefore deserve to die, but before we get to that, you should experience ER without stutter. Try this, I will try it soon as well and see if it resolves the issue.

Already done. It still stuttered in heavy effects fights like Radahn.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Considering that weapon upgrades require 2, 4, and 6 of the same material for each set of 3 upgrade levels, I suspect that From Software made a relatively late decision to double the amount of materials needed for most upgrades.
that's another thing that was added just to annoy players.

DeS: the game gives you a bunch of different stones which may seem confusing at first, but it actually diversifies the gameplay since player is incentivized to use different weapons and the game sometimes drops already upgraded and infused stuff (like crescent falchion for example).

Dark Souls: early enemies drop titanite shards, plus the first blacksmith already sells infinite amount of them, allowing player to upgrade any weapon to +5 to try out different movesets

Dark Souls 2: infinite titanite is gated behind story progression, but the game gives you enough to keep 2-3 main weapons upgraded. Plus now there's a minor decision to be made - do you want to use a newly found titanite shard to immediately upgrade backup weapon to +1, or do you want to continune looking for materials to upgrade the first weapon to +2/+3?

Dark Souls 3: oh, a titanite shard! ...aaand i can't do anything with it, at least until i find another one.

and now Elden Ring makes upgrading even more annoying.

Actually the somber weapons and ashes upgrades are ok.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Dark Souls 2: infinite titanite is gated behind story progression, but the game gives you enough to keep 2-3 main weapons upgraded.
Don't forget the bonfire ascetics. Using them on the dragon aerie is pretty much like an infinite titanite farm.

Please don't mention bonfire ascetics. It hurts that Memezaki doesn't want to implement them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I didn't know the invasion system is that scuffed in ER no wonder PVP is unplayable lol

They cannot fix pvp because the multiplayer design is shit. I don't understand From Software.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My lvl1 run nightmare: I could not beat them because of stuttering and too low damage.
The Crucible Knight has the shield, tracking attacks, delayed attacks (up to 3 seconds) and 3xcombos (9+ consecutive attacks). You cannot heal when he is idle, his stomp AOE area is too large and the far range tail attack is bullshit.
These issues are not so visible at medium to higher levels but the fight is absolute garbage at level 1 cause you are supposed to parry him ... which I cannot because of retarded stuttering. Awful fight.

EB4B1510EB811D0194393FA6AF35F677EF42494F

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
On the other hand, Radahn is done :smug:

A2152AB43542F8858E1A0B386B52C05E5D4E482A

9FB8060F5FAEACB2CA7610EB051B254AB3E25E79

A857ACB1AB484E5A7CBB2D6FBB699DC62A98DA1A

4FBD1C2E55DD86C92F791EE1905D29F02E93AF32

The good news is that you cannot win this fight without actually engaging Radahn (despite all the summons). You have to figure it out when to roll into him and when to attack. A little bit of skill is involved.

The bad news is that the fight is still bullshit. The advantage of a lvl1 run is that you can clearly see the bullshit in action: delayed attacks, tracking and honestly, any trick to get you fucked up. Also fighting the camera is more important than him.

How did I win this fight with this retarded build? It looks like Radahn is weak to cold and I got lucky: I managed to stagger him and Blaid performed a visceral on him which made him enter phase 2 with only 30% of health.

It took me 4 hours of tries and I cannot count how many times I died to his arrows. I feel good but I cannot shake the feeling that the RNG is too important for this fight.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Is anyone able to play the game without stutters on PC?
No, it doesn't matter how good your pc is it will stutter.
It's not only a matter of overall quality of the components. I have a 2060ti and I've experienced stuttering twice in the entire game (whenever I enter the Stormhill area or the sewers), a friend of mine has a 2070super and his game is borderline unplayable sometimes. CPUs also have a non-negligible impact, with certain models running flawlessly and others sucking big balls for no apparent reason.

So, I bought the wrong rtx card. Makes sense.

SumDrunkGuy

My lvl1 run nightmare: I could not beat them because of stuttering and too low damage.
The Crucible Knight has the shield, tracking attacks, delayed attacks (up to 3 seconds) and 3xcombos (9+ consecutive attacks). You cannot heal when he is idle, his stomp AOE area is too large and the far range tail attack is bullshit.
These issues are not so visible at medium to higher levels but the fight is absolute garbage at level 1 cause you are supposed to parry him ... which I cannot because of retarded stuttering. Awful fight.

Well you could just stop being a moronic tryhard and play it the way it was meant to be played. Crazy idea, I know.

Also why does it look like you're playing the game on a potato? Even the ps4 version looks better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Well you could just stop being a moronic tryhard and play it the way it was meant to be played. Crazy idea, I know

Summoning cheesy spirits and spamming dumb arts? Not fun.

I respect his determination, but Miyazaki has stabbed us in the back with the nusouls combat design and the game doesn´t deserve to be mastered. All the cool exploration and masterful art destroyed by stupid combat and enemies.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yeah, but I doubt a SL1 run could be called fun even for the most challenge seeking person coming to the haligtree area with the same mooks you fought during the whole game now having 10x the HP. It's.. bearable with the truly powerful builds, I would catch cancer with a normal build, doing the game until reaching that point as a SL1 is something I would call autistic.

The early game isn't without issues, but if Toro is going to press on, what awaits is cock and balls torture.

I respect his determination, but Miyazaki has stabbed us in the back with the nusouls combat design and the game doesn´t deserve to be mastered. All the cool exploration and masterful art destroyed by stupid combat and enemies.
Seeing the direction they've been going in maybe the more conservative approach in earlier games (in terms of mechanics and style) was mostly due to technical and budget constraints preventing them from realizing the second rate dmc in dark fantasy berserk game their little hearts always desired.

Some actual competition would do fromsoft a world of good. Now that a souls game broke the 10M launch barrier/pulled skyrim launch numbers surely some other publisher sees the potential in making their own hack n slash corpserunner with coop and invasions.

Sunri

Liturgist

Seeing the direction they've been going in maybe the more conservative approach in earlier games (in terms of mechanics and style) was mostly due to technical and budget constraints preventing them from realizing the second rate dmc in dark fantasy berserk game their little hearts always desired.

Some actual competition would do fromsoft a world of good. Now that a souls game broke the 10M launch barrier/pulled skyrim launch numbers surely some other publisher sees the potential in making their own little hack n slash corpserunner with coop and invasions.

I found leaked footage of Dark Souls V!

Old Hans

Arcane
I mean, you don't need to be a member of an online community to come to the conclusion that dealing 8k DMG with 2 bleed weapon fast attacks is better than dealing 1k DMG with slow great sword attack lol I wonder if they will nerf bleed or buff other thing be at least half good as bleed is.
I really wish poison was good. I have this image in my head of being "THE NURGLE KNIGHT" so I put poision on my weapon and im like "HELL YES IM THE NURGLE KNIGHT" and then I snap out of my daydream and remember poison is absolutely useless

or am I missing something?

Sunri

Liturgist
I mean, you don't need to be a member of an online community to come to the conclusion that dealing 8k DMG with 2 bleed weapon fast attacks is better than dealing 1k DMG with slow great sword attack lol I wonder if they will nerf bleed or buff other thing be at least half good as bleed is.
I really wish poison was good. I have this image in my head of being "THE NURGLE KNIGHT" so I put poision on my weapon and im like "HELL YES IM THE NURGLE KNIGHT" and then I snap out of my daydream and remember poison is absolutely useless

yea, it's useless outside early game, there are no good ashes or weapons with it

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

You'll need 'Scarlet Rot' for that. It's basically Dark Souls' 'Toxin'.

Not a big fan of the weapons that build up Rot, but maybe you like them.

Last edited:

SumDrunkGuy

The Rotten Greataxe seemed really good but I didn't use it much. I'm waiting to weild two of them.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Some actual competition would do fromsoft a world of good. Now that a souls game broke the 10M launch barrier/pulled skyrim launch numbers surely some other publisher sees the potential in making their own little hack n slash corpserunner with coop and invasions.

I found leaked footage of Dark Souls V!

Looks like a Sekiro demake tbh.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i'm trying to do co-op in one of the rivers (Anisel, whatever it's called) and i get connection errors every single summon.

They happen sporadically everywhere else too but here it's insane. Every single time i get summon the game kicks me out after a bit. Is this a known problem with this particular area?

So i'm trying to do co-op in one of the rivers (Anisel, whatever it's called) and i get connection errors every single summon.

They happen sporadically everywhere else too but here it's insane. Every single time i get summon the game kicks me out after a bit. Is this a known problem with this particular area?
Be mindful that if you get too many multiplayer disconnects or crashes the game will (temporarily?) ban you from multiplayer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I just googled it and yep, seems like there's specific areas where summoning is impossible.

Siofra too, and some other place in Volcano Manor.

Nice going From, posts complaining about this dated as far back as 29 days ago lmao.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Yes. That entire area kicked me and a friend but when we approached a different way it was fine. Coop in this game sucks massive donkey cock ridden by Jewish merchants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom