Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
This time, we will be following the footsteps of Michela as *she* heads towards the Land of Shadows.
Troon confirmed!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Lmao oh FUCK YOU.

The Demon's Souls remake was retarded AAA westoid slop for mouth breathers. Look wtf they did to the music:

The boss of Bluepoint even went on record saying they felt they had to "update" the game to more modern standards, which is code word for we gonna dumb shit down for retardo 'Murrican fatsos who think capeshit movies are high cinema.

I will NOT play any Bloodborne remake were it to even come on PC. Fuck them.

REhorror

Educated
Now information for AC6 DLC/expansion when?

WHEN?
I don't know but he basically confirmed that the Bloodborne remake will be made by the same team that made the Demon's Souls remake LOL! Haters are trippin right now.

"Omg no not that same team who made that glorious technological masterpiece of a remake that stayed almost 100% faithful to the original NOOOOO".
I couldn't care less then about BB remake then.

Souls and Armored Core by From Soft will remain the official branches, Bluepoint demakes are shite.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This seems like a relevant piece of info:

Miyazaki: As for the system, a DLC-only level-up element has been added.

I think it's easy to understand if you imagine something like "offensive power" in "SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE", but apart from the conventional levels, there is "offensive power" that is only effective in the DLC field . is.

This was prepared for the "freedom to challenge threats" that I mentioned earlier, and it allows you to say things like, "This boss is tough, so let's explore another area and try again after becoming stronger." This makes it easier to experience even at high levels.

On the other hand, by suppressing the increase in "offensive power", players will be able to experience the challenge of challenging threats at a lower level.

Anybody would like to take a stab at deciphering this shit? 'Cause i have no idea what he is trying to say here.

REhorror

Educated
I hope it just means there's no level scaling and you can engage bosses at low levels.

FUCK LEVEL SCALING.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Anybody would like to take a stab at deciphering this shit? 'Cause i have no idea what he is trying to say here.
It sounds like he's saying that there is going to be a baseline power upgrade layered on top of your existing character build. So possibly something to make progression smoother in the DLC content to account for a large margin of RL's coming in. Maybe something to mitigate that kind of possible RL100 through 160 that might be entering the DLC?

So maybe the DLC is tuned for RL160-165 and if you enter it at those levels, you could just ignore the DLC specific power-ups? That's the best guess I've got.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
This seems like a relevant piece of info:

Miyazaki: As for the system, a DLC-only level-up element has been added.

I think it's easy to understand if you imagine something like "offensive power" in "SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE", but apart from the conventional levels, there is "offensive power" that is only effective in the DLC field . is.

This was prepared for the "freedom to challenge threats" that I mentioned earlier, and it allows you to say things like, "This boss is tough, so let's explore another area and try again after becoming stronger." This makes it easier to experience even at high levels.

On the other hand, by suppressing the increase in "offensive power", players will be able to experience the challenge of challenging threats at a lower level.

It's level scaling. You can choose to use it (to make the bosses easier) or not (to make the bosses harder).
That should give you an estimate of how much bullshit they put in the DLC. That they feel the need to actually add a difficulty scale for the boss fights. I expected the worst but this is... surprising.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
It's level scaling. You can choose to use it (to make the bosses easier) or not (to make the bosses harder).
That should give you an estimate of how much bullshit they put in the DLC. That they feel the need to actually add a difficulty scale for the boss fights. I expected the worst but this is l... surprising.
It just sounds like a built-in difficulty setting to me, ala summons and other such cheese.

REhorror

Educated
The DLCs have always been harder in the previous games, because they are more like expansions than DLCs.

I hope they make a new ending for it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But he says the attack power only works in the DLC areas.

Also what's this about suppressing the increase in attack power?

I'm getting the sense what he is trying to say is that the DLC will increase or subtract attack power so that the difficulty is even reguardless of what level you decide to enter the DLC areas. So if you are SL40 you'll get an attack power boost (that only works while you are in the DLC lands). If you are SL120 you'll get an attack power penalty (unclear if optional).

Basically, the DLC is not going to affect the progress of the base game because the DLC areas have their own rules that are only in effect while you are there. So basically level scaling of sort, or a difficulty setting, a threshold i was hoping they would never cross.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Lmao oh FUCK YOU.

The Demon's Souls remake was retarded AAA westoid slop for mouth breathers. Look wtf they did to the music:

The boss of Bluepoint even went on record saying they felt they had to "update" the game to more modern standards, which is code word for we gonna dumb shit down for retardo 'Murrican fatsos who think capeshit movies are high cinema.

I will NOT play any Bloodborne remake were it to even come on PC. Fuck them.

You didn't even play it bandwagon jumper. And I already acknowledged the inferior soundtrack. Everything else is better though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I think the intention is to replicate the feeling of 'oh fuck this boss, I'm going to go power up somewhere first' within the DLC, so you can't make it significantly easier by farming runes.

As for implementation, if you're familiar with how that golden order buff that gives you an insane damage bonus vs undead works, it could be something similar but applies only to DLC enemies. Create a way to upgrade the buff (Something like an item casting the buff, like your estus flask) and you'll also have the option of just not using the item and remaining at baseline damage.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Not even remotely close from a technological standpoint, and Elden Ring is newer. There is no other team on earth I'd rather have updating From Software's old games.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Not even remotely close from a technological standpoint, and Elden Ring is newer. There is no other team on earth I'd rather have updating From Software's old games.

That's because you are a retard.

Who gives a fuck about grafix if your game is just soulless westoid slop.

I remember a scene for scene comparison between original Demon Souls and remake and there was no art in the remake. Just generic fantasy bullshit. Castle scenes were the worst. In the remake everything is brightly lit, the castles look brand new and have vegetation growing everywhere for no reason other than to add more detail.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Just look at this fucking garbage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrappyRedesigns/comments/jsgev4/the_fat_official_in_the_demons_soul_remake/

In the original, the fat official is smiling and is dressed opulently. In the remake he is just grimacing and wears dirty leather rags, completely missing the point:

1*bBz7K3EHnGYo4pncwaU3HQ.png

maxresdefault.jpg

The remake is soulless generic slop and is full of shit like that:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

I remember a scene for scene comparison between original Demon Souls and remake and there was no art in the remake. Just generic fantasy bullshit. Castle scenes were the worst. In the remake everything is brightly lit, the castles look brand new and have vegetation growing everywhere for no reason other than to add more detail.

Your entire opinion is based off of watching youtube videos. I played through BOTH the original and the remake multiple times. My opinion overrides your opinion.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Your entire opinion is based off of watching youtube videos. I played through BOTH the original and the remake multiple times. My opinion overrides your opinion.

Yeah well your entire opinion seems to be based on muh graphics.

Barbarian

Arcane
But he says the attack power only works in the DLC areas.

Also what's this about suppressing the increase in attack power?

I'm getting the sense what he is trying to say is that the DLC will increase or subtract attack power so that the difficulty is even reguardless of what level you decide to enter the DLC areas. So if you are SL40 you'll get an attack power boost (that only works while you are in the DLC lands). If you are SL120 you'll get an attack power penalty (unclear if optional).

Basically, the DLC is not going to affect the progress of the base game because the DLC areas have their own rules that are only in effect while you are there. So basically level scaling of sort, or a difficulty setting, a threshold i was hoping they would never cross.

Some new ability needed to attack enemies in the "shadow realm"? i.e: Your damage is less effective there and you need to level whatever this ability is to be able to increase it.

The only thing I can thing of as justification in game. "In order to manifest yourself in this shadow dimension you need to improve your ki/jedi force/soul power" or some such bullshit.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

It's basically the same game, but yes it looks prettier than most. Also the animations and sound design are a step above most others. Do you want to fuck the weathered mom with the stinky shredded pussy or do you want the hot daughter who douches and bleaches her asshole? The choice is yours.

REhorror

Educated

It's basically the same game, but yes it looks prettier than most. Also the animations and sound design are a step above most others. Do you want to fuck the weathered mom with the stinky shredded pussy or do you want the hot daughter who douches and bleaches her asshole? The choice is yours.

From games are more like the really beautiful goth girls (that have lower quality fabric but other aspects mog), while the DeS Bluepoint remake is a troon with an axe wound.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom