Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Yeah, it's definitely SDG. Cool it with your anti-DS3 remarks, and I'll keep it quiet from the admins.
I played through Dark Souls 3 twice and enjoyed it, Crispy. It's called constructive criticism. Also the fat jew and bald aussie all investigated me and concluded that I am a newfag. I've never been here before you delusional twat.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If i'm right, reguardless of how much money they made we aren't going to actually see a sequel to Elden Ring for quite a bit. With that said, i'm confident the second they'll return to Souls it will be with Elden Ring 2.
We won't see ER2 at least for 5 years, so smaller games like Sekiro and AC will definitely be possible and present.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Here's a thought I had while sleeping: what if Miquella is Marika?

Think about it. You find Marika lifeless and suspended in the air inside the Erdtree. She then turns into Radagon and fights you, but it's really the Elden Beast puppeteering his/her body from the inside. Then the Elden Beast emerges from this body and turns it into a sword... Finally, you see the broken remains of Marika's body with the Elden Ring inside it, and even if you put the head back on its shoulders, it remains inanimate, like a statue.

Something is clearly missing... namely, Marika herself. Her grand plan was to shatter the Elden Ring and permanently turn herself into a lifeless statue? Very elaborate way to commit suicide.

Or... perhaps Marika pulled the same trick as Ranni, Miquella, and even sorceress Selen, and removed her spirit, leaving her body behind. What if Miquella is a back-up clone of her, and she's been actively at work... wherever she currently is. Maybe the expansion is really about meeting her for the first time in person, after retracing her steps, both ancient and current, and learning/stopping whatever it is she is really planning to do.

Would make for an interesting parallel story to that of the main game.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Skinwalker Interesting thought. So then where is Miquella? Dead? And when did Marika transfer her soul, during the Shattering War or after? Since when is she active? Wouldn't the greater will know about it? Eh, IDK.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
I also hope we have fucklong claw weapons, they are cool as fuck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzBVZmXKM7I

ER already has the Bloodhound claws but they are round instead of long and pointy.
Also the Bone Fist from Dark Souls 2. Amazing moveset. I'm all for more in-your-face martial arts based weapons. Ya know that wonderful thing that Dark Souls 3 stole from us, among other things.

Barbarian

Arcane
Any news yet on wether there will be changes to base game content?

Also if people who have a save in the current version of the game will be able to use it to hop on the dlc content.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Any news yet on wether there will be changes to base game content?

Also if people who have a save in the current version of the game will be able to use it to hop on the dlc content.
There's no reason to believe it wont be like every previous Soulsborne DLC. Everything will carry over, both ways.

REhorror

Educated

ER already has the Bloodhound claws but they are round instead of long and pointy.
Also the Bone Fist from Dark Souls 2. Amazing moveset. I'm all for more in-your-face martial arts based weapons. Ya know that wonderful thing that Dark Souls 3 stole from us, among other things.
Oh yeah Bone Fist inclusion hopefully means more stuff for clawchads.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter

Claw shit is whatever. That's for Wolverine wannabes. I fought a giant grizzly bear in Elden Ring with my bare hands and knocked it tf out. Even lyric suite would have been flabbleyghasted. My character in ER has the thousand yard stare. He done things no other man can imagine.

REhorror

Educated

Claw shit is whatever. That's for Wolverine wannabes. I fought a giant grizzly bear in Elden Ring with my bare hands and knocked it tf out. Even lyric suite would have been flabbleyghasted. My character in ER has the thousand yard stare. He done things no other man can imagine.
Fisticuff is too pussy for me tbqh.
I wanna rip and tears.

Barbarian

Arcane
One idiot question that has always been in the back of my head:

Why are the tarnished regular sized humans while the empyreans, demigods and servants/peasants/aristocrats(i.e: original population of the lands between) are strangely tall and lanky humanoids with very long limbs? That is one graphic design decision I don't get.

You see in the boss fights against Malenia and Rennala for instance that they are literally twice your height. Messmer seems to have the same measures.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
One idiot question that has always been in the back of my head:

Why are the tarnished regular sized humans while the empyreans, demigods and servants/peasants/aristocrats(i.e: original population of the lands between) are strangely tall and lanky humanoids with very long limbs? That is one graphic design decision I don't get.

You see in the boss fights against Malenia and Rennala for instance that they are literally twice your height. Messmer seems to have the same measures.
No idea. But it's the same design in the other soulsborne games. The PC is tiny compared to bosses or other such NPCs.

Silva

Arcane
You refer to their movesets or their ash of war? Because ashes of war dominate the game. By far. Movesets are just....there.
Both? They hit super fast, Peeler ash is great (blackflame tornado) and Eleonora is good, if a bit too flashy.

Peeler ash is so good it delegated Godslayer sword to secondary on my blackflame build. And if you use blackflame blade in it, it melts down enemies and some bosses.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Peeler ash is so good it delegated Godslayer sword to secondary on my blackflame build. And if you use blackflame blade in it, it melts down enemies and some bosses.
Yeah that's why I asked. Ashes of war are kings in this game especially against certain enemies who take extra damage or are weak against various elements.
As for the moveset, I don't think they're the best weapons unless you pair them with bleed, rot, poison, frost status effects. And depends on you what kind of attacks you prefer or are comfortable with. For example I found that sometimes I was left exposed when attacking with the twinblades, as you continue attacking with them there are pauses that leave you vulnerable and since those attacks consume a lot of stamina you can't dodge an attack when you need to. But maybe that's just me.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Skinwalker Interesting thought. So then where is Miquella? Dead? And when did Marika transfer her soul, during the Shattering War or after? Since when is she active? Wouldn't the greater will know about it? Eh, IDK.
The game will not clearly address the question of where is the real Miquella. We will simply be hit with the sudden plot twist that the radiant blonde ladyboy is actually Marika. She transferred her soul right after shattering the Elden Ring, and has been active under the guise of Miquella ever since. Possibly, they've merged into a single being.

Alternatively, Miquella is Marika in a figurative sense, being a very similar offspring, up and including having his own gender-flipped version (Trina), with whom he may have had a child of his own.

Don't entertain his sex fantasies. All that wall of text amounted to was him wanting to see Marika's boobs.
I've already seen her boobs, and they had no nipples.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
It's like that thing where in DS3 (the best game FromSoft has ever developed) when you meet Gael as an NPC he is normal-sized, but when you fight him as a boss he's super tall.

Also, if you want a lorefag explanation, Marika is not a human but a "numen", and so her children are also at least half-numen. Maybe they're just taller by nature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom