Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Not really. No point for it to be on consoles.

"Exclusives are anti-consumer except for the platform I like." I think Swarm gave you too much credit.

It's pointless for it to be on console because it wasn't made to work on a controller. I'm not trying to claim it should be "exclusive" on the PC i'm just saying why bother when the game is gonna play like shit. What you gonna do, sit on your couch and fumble around a game meant to be played with a mouse with a controller? Can you even read the text that far form the TV? Beamdog are fucking mongoloids.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
What you gonna do, sit on your couch and fumble around a game meant to be played with a mouse with a controller?
As someone who played Dune 2 on a console as a kid, yes, and it'll be awesome. Even if they're inferior versions, just being exposed to something that wouldn't normally even be on the system is great. Plenty of other ports like that too; various Bullfrog games, Ultima 3, Morrowind, Diablo... even a shitty hamburger is great if you've been stuck eating vegetarian. Judging by the success of Fromsoft, the same applies in the other direction as well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
There's no issue with the other direction because a PC can do everything a console can, it's just the other way around that is an issue, which is why multiplatform development killed PC gaming.

Silverfish

Arbiter
What you gonna do, sit on your couch and fumble around a game meant to be played with a mouse with a controller?

Am I going to do something easy? Yeah.

Can you even read the text that far form the TV?

"The tv's too far! I can't move my chair! Standing up is too much to ask!"

tumblr_mne2bvFQMu1qk9f8bo1_500.gif

26df2182fc943676dc6cc51371efc04b.gif

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I always prefer to play with mouse and keyboard over a controller. I haven't used my Xbox controller in a long time. Even played Elden Ring with mkb.

You only ever need a controller if you want to emulate console games on PC. It's almost impossible to play the 3D Zelda's without a controller. From Soft games might play better with a controller but they're still perfectly playable with mkb.

Hell Swarm

Learned
As someone who played Dune 2 on a console as a kid, yes, and it'll be awesome. Even if they're inferior versions, just being exposed to something that wouldn't normally even be on the system is great. Plenty of other ports like that too; various Bullfrog games, Ultima 3, Morrowind, Diablo... even a shitty hamburger is great if you've been stuck eating vegetarian. Judging by the success of Fromsoft, the same applies in the other direction as well.
The first time I played Red Alert it was on the PS1. Didn't care if it was controlling a RTS with a d-pad, I still enjoyed it and beat the game. Who gives a fuck if it's optimal to play as long as it's enjoyable the way you play it?
There's no issue with the other direction because a PC can do everything a console can,
Not true. There's plenty of stuff PC can't mimic from consoles and hardware made exclusively for consoles the PC hasn't had ported and never will. There is no proper Virtual boy on PC as it cannot be emulated accurate to hardware.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I can't possibly imagine playing an RTS with a controller. I don't care how much "fun" you think you had it would be absolute torture, way worse than playing a shooter with a controller which is already bad enough as it is.

Consoles fucking suck.

Not true. There's plenty of stuff PC can't mimic from consoles and hardware made exclusively for consoles the PC hasn't had ported and never will.

Always sophistry.

abija

Prophet
Did they win though? Or was it just microsoft throwing money in their direction to make it look like that?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
They won because the vast majority of games have to be made to work on console now. It doesn't matter if steam sales are still going strong or whether the PC market is still healthy. If the game is compromised from a design point of view than none of that shit matters. You can guy it on PC but it's still a console game when it comes down to it.

Every time a new game is made, consoles must be a priority and must always be a consideration. The reason 2016 shipped with a multiplayer mode that was barely supported is that the developers knew from the get go arena shooters can't work in a multiplatform system. You can't have cross play between PC players and console players because mouse and keyboard is too much of a massive advantage over controllers, and console players have no interest in arena shooters in general (least of all death match), so why spend time and effort on it?

If the game had been made exclusively for PC, you can bet your ass they would have poured a good deal of resources trying to resurrect the arena shooter genre. The game already sort of played like one in single player. But why bother, when you know a big chunk of the player base wouldn't have cared?

Every time a new game is made, developers are faced with decisions of that kind. Whenever they sit down to lay out a design plan, they have to factor in all the limitations imposed by the consle ecosystem. Limitations in the control scheme. Limitations dictated by the player base. Limitations imposed by the hardware. You can't escape it. That shit is always there affecting every decision made during development for most games out there.

Damned Registrations

You could make the same argument about the mobile market. You've got nobody but yourself to blame for only paying attention to AAA shit from bloated corporations. The vast majority of games aren't made by them any more to begin with and publishers have always been complete assholes that force in half baked features just to put a bullet point on a box.

P.S. Arena shooters are dead because they're full of cheaters just like every competitive PC multiplayer.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You could make the same argument about the mobile market.

Yeah so? Even shittier than consoles. It's also kinda of funny because the Japanese console market is now suffering due to the increasing domination of the mobile market in a way that paralls how PC enthusiasts suffered when their platform had to bow down to the demands of the console market.

You've got nobody but yourself to blame for only paying attention to AAA shit from bloated corporations. The vast majority of games aren't made by them any more to begin with and publishers have always been complete assholes that force in half baked features just to put a bullet point on a box.

artfuldodger.jpg

P.S. Arena shooters are dead because they're full of cheaters just like every competitive PC multiplayer.

Imagine actually believing this cope lmao.

They are dead because you can't have skill based FPS games on console. You need to downplay player ability because the controller simply doesn't have the precision of a mouse while promoting "team" play to make up for it. And even then, you still can't allow cross play with console and PC because the PC people would dance circles around the console people, even with class based gameplay, aim assists etc, and the console people are the primary focus. To make a successful arena shooter you need a lot of committement in terms of resources and backing and that's not gonna happen for a genre that can only work on one platform, a platform that is seen by many developers as a secondary and less important market.

Vic

Savant
I don't understand why these console players are shitting on PC now. What's going on? It's clear that the both of them are not good PC players, yet they talk shit about PC? Why? You guys have only superficial knowledge why do you feel the need to spout nonsense?

Hell Swarm

Learned
Remember when this thread was about Elden ring and not 2 retards repeatedly getting proven wrong and responding with "sophistry" again and again and again? And here's Vic to prove how ignorant he is as always to keep the cycle going.

PC has been the lead platform for every game this generation except Sony exclusives. We're currently in a PC majority era and it's where the focus is. Get a fucking clue.

Yesterday I found something very fun in Elden Ring. One of the funniest things in any souls game ever. A legit 10/10 weapon I will be making a video on soon. Do you know what From did? They made it completely unusable for it's primary entertainment purpose by increasing the difficulty to stupid levels. I'm not even kidding and I will edit up the video soon and post it. 100% proof Elden Ring is more interested in difficulty than fun and the only time you can do the most fun stuff is when the AI breaks enough to let you.

Damned Registrations

To make a successful arena shooter you need a lot of committement in terms of resources and backing and that's not gonna happen for a genre that can only work on one platform, a platform that is seen by many developers as a secondary and less important market.
Ah yes, unlike an RTS, which is just famously a good cross platform genre at the peak of it's popularity right now, which must have inspired the publishing of AoE4. :roll:

I don't understand why these console players are shitting on PC now.
Dude I haven't fired up a console in like a decade. I'm just shitting on morons with retarded takes. Keyboards aren't magical perfect gaming devices, publishers wouldn't be making better games if they had a platform monopoly, and PC has more than enough casual playerbase to have killed investment in games for hardcore players. Blizzard turned to shit all on it's own well before they started looking at console market seriously. Hearthstone isn't a CCG made for dumbfucks with 3 braincells because of analog sticks. MMOs got casualized too and PVP servers are basically nonexistent on them these days.

Meanwhile, indie devs are knocking shit out of the park and you corporate shills can't stop fellating the latest release long enough to notice.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't understand why these console players are shitting on PC now. What's going on? It's clear that the both of them are not good PC players, yet they talk shit about PC? Why? You guys have only superficial knowledge why do you feel the need to spout nonsense?

They have an emotional attachement to the platform itself.

Consoles are objectively worse than PC as a platform, which is not the same thing as saying all consoles games are worse than PC games as a result, but the fact we are forced to deal with consoles because a lot of good games happen to be found there and nowhere else doesn't change the reality that consoles are inferior systems and we would all be better off if they had died out.

It's also amazing how much fuckery console manufacturers are able to get away with because they know their customers have no choice but to deal with their bullshit. I remember the first time i learned people had to PAY to use the internet on the Xbox. So you have to pay the ip provider for internet access, and then you have to pay Microsoft because what?

Hell Swarm

Learned
It's also amazing how much fuckery console manufacturers are able to get away with because they know their customers have no choice but to deal with their bullshit. I remember the first time i learned people had to PAY to use the internet on the Xbox. So you have to pay the ip provider for internet access, and then you have to pay Microsoft because what?
Because at the time Xbox live was above and beyond the best online service and it wasn't even close. It included voice chat when PC still expected you to get a mummble up and running among other things. It was a shitty thing to do to get people to pay for it but compared to the PC options at the time it was actually well made and puts many current PC services to shame.

Dude I haven't fired up a console in like a decade. I'm just shitting on morons with retarded takes. Keyboards aren't magical perfect gaming devices, publishers wouldn't be making better games if they had a platform monopoly, and PC has more than enough casual playerbase to have killed investment in games for hardcore players. Blizzard turned to shit all on it's own well before they started looking at console market seriously. Hearthstone isn't a CCG made for dumbfucks with 3 braincells because of analog sticks. MMOs got casualized too and PVP servers are basically nonexistent on them these days.

Meanwhile, indie devs are knocking shit out of the park and you corporate shills can't stop fellating the latest release long enough to notice.
It's just the usual Lyric thing where he tries to character assassinate you because he can't actually win a single argument as he's so ill informed. He wants to have a console war over nothing because he's got the same console fanboy mindset but pointed at PC. I'm very much like you and I'll play on any platform I can enjoy games on. I don't own modern consoles because their exclusives aren't worth playing and everything else comes out on PC. It's sad when you're too busy licking your own butthole to realize no one gives a fuck what machine you play on except pathetic losers with nothing else going on in your life. And the irony is we're in an Elden ring thread where the PC version launched with massive shading caching issues that paused (then hyper sped up the game to catch up) at release. An issue made worse and worse with patches on the PC version and still isn't fully fixed now. It's an issue From have had for many games and it's tied to their engine using variable frame length instead of a fixed length like most engines do. Must be sad for PS5 players to have functional frame rates and not games that can freeze then instantly kill them through no fault of their own. If only they knew the power of PC gaming!

Here's a video because Lyric will say it doesn't exist and if it does exist it's intentional and if it isn't intentional then you should get git and if you did git gud then you should have been using cheat engine instead.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
A console game being ported badly on PC is somehow proof PC hardware power isn't objectively superior to consoles.

This is the level of absolute cope and retardation only a consoletard is capable of.

What's fascinating of course is that this retarded reasoning was being applied to all your criticisms of Elden Ring as well just a bit prior to this derailment, which shows the consoletard is a particular typology of person. It's not the consoles that made them retarded, it's always who they were.

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
I don't consider it derailment when you get gems of absolute retardness out of these dumbfucks. For example:

Because at the time Xbox live was above and beyond the best online service and it wasn't even close. It included voice chat when PC still expected you to get a mummble up and running among other things.

Vic

Savant
This Hell Swarm moron just ignores/dodges all arguments against him, thinking that if he avoids the argument he somehow won over it. Even keeps repeating the same arguments that were already disproven again and again. It's the biggest retard on this site right now and only a matter of time before he is forced to make a new account again. Guy is a literal pest.

Hell Swarm

Learned
besttagever.gif

bethestard.png

Can we get back to discussing Elden ring please? You three have derailed the thread constantly at this point. Make a console wars thread and scream at all the other retards in your own little zoo.

Silverfish

Arbiter

That's on me. I posted what I mistakenly thought was an obvious joke a few pages back,

5h7mxc.jpg

Honestly, I didn't expect the amount of "poor me" posting that would result.

Hell Swarm

Learned
I noticed the From internet defense force are now spamming video responses to videos critical of Elden ring DLC. My recommendations are flooded with them and it's all the same smarky wankers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom