Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silverfish

Arbiter
I noticed the From internet defense force are now spamming video responses to videos critical of Elden ring DLC. My recommendations are flooded with them and it's all the same smarky wankers.

It's funny too because SotE hasn't generated nearly the amount of content I'd expected otherwise. The usual suspects did their blind livestreams, then some reviews and a handful of people are still doing pvp videos, but other than that, you'd think the dlc came out a year ago rather than just a few weeks.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
My new arena build is such a monster. I have enough poise to hyper armour trade a greatsword with a greatsword. My helm prevents staggers from headshots so I don't need to swap in crucible knot talisman. My damage isn't anything to brag about but its enough to be competitive. I'm winning most of my fights and I'm only consistently losing to skilled players using fast weapons like Shamshir.

Level 139. 60 vigor, 50 endurance, 50 str.

Hell Swarm

Learned
I noticed the From internet defense force are now spamming video responses to videos critical of Elden ring DLC. My recommendations are flooded with them and it's all the same smarky wankers.

It's funny too because SotE hasn't generated nearly the amount of content I'd expected otherwise. The usual suspects did their blind livestreams, then some reviews and a handful of people are still doing pvp videos, but other than that, you'd think the dlc came out a year ago rather than just a few weeks.
The DLC is so bland it's really hard to discuss much about it. Collecting Scadu fragments is boring. Most of the locations are empty and designed to make pretty screenshots rather than engaging gameplay. And the discussion I am seeing is basically "Lion's elements phase is bullshit" "Rellana's combos are excessive and can make unavoidable damage with her Vergil impression" and "Radahn is a bridge too far and it's time for From to stop getting into an arms race with streamers". Basically everything else is just more Elden ring and there's not much you can push.

Hell Swarm

Learned
"Radahn is a bridge too far and it's time for From to stop getting into an arms race with streamers".

Knowing the streaming crowd, I figured ER would have picked up more players since the final boss has a grab that makes your character gay.
Sounds about right. They're doing SL1 no fragment runs now. It's not even interesting to watch. There's no variety or personality it's just grinding attempts until the stars align.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Brutal. And not particularly lucrative, I'd think. A couple of channels I follow have gone really hardcore on ER challenge stuff and are barely cracking 4-digit views.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

This is common among PC players and I don't think there's a fix for it.

Seems like something they introduced with the DLC. Never experienced that before, but now it happens often.

Of course, still better than running the game at 30 FPS on console. Even if crashes were a problem with PC specifically (they aren't, FromSoft's programmers are just shit at porting their game properly), i'd still take that over shit peformance and the visual compromises that go with it (many games on console running on medium settings without the game telling you etc).

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Wait, modern consoles still run at 30 fps?

el-risitas-juan-joya-borja.gif

The Decline

Arcane

This is common among PC players and I don't think there's a fix for it.

Seems like something they introduced with the DLC. Never experienced that before, but now it happens often.

Of course, still better than running the game at 30 FPS on console. Even if crashes were a problem with PC specifically (they aren't, FromSoft's programmers are just shit at porting their game properly), i'd still take that over shit peformance and the visual compromises that go with it (many games on console running on medium settings without the game telling you etc).

I wonder if it does it when running it on Linux, I know they fixed quite a few issues early on using Proton.

Spike

Educated
My FPS only ever dropped to 45 on PC.

But bros, I DID IT. I beat the last boss of the DLC! :-D Malenia was still harder, possibly way harder. I still cried a victory screech upon that last blow, though. At last, I can uninstall. It has been almost two years since this game has been installed. Time to move on and play other stuff. I look forward to FromSoft's next announcement. :popcorn:

My thoughts on Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (and a few paragraphs down, Elden Ring in general):
Overall, I really liked it a lot. Possibly loved it? Yeah, I think I loved it. It solves the biggest issue with the main game I think which is there being too big of stretches of land with nothing to do, and same-y caves. Every cave and ruin and underground temple in Shadow of the Erdtree were fun to explore, and were among the game's best. I actually love the final boss and that decision. It makes sense, he is so hyped up in the main game, you can't help but feel like you are fighting an inferior version and sort of wish you could fight him in his prime. Well, now you can™. Beating him requires some finesse, but his patterns are learnable. It just takes a while. It's not as BS as Malenia, not even close. I think it is fair (except for that one sword-slash combo move that almost always hits you unless you're doggie-humping his knee). Overall, I think the fight is superior to Malenia and ultimately less rage-inducing. Just accept it's going to take a couple to a few hours of pattern-grinding as all big FromSoft fights do and you can enter into a monk-like trance and do it. I had 6 heals left. This fight took a few days spread over a week or 2? Maybe more? I had some pretty big breaks. Overall maybe...3 hours? I really am not sure. I had to switch up my weapon strategy a couple times.

I enjoyed every boss. I was annoyed they use like 2 or 3 more of those stupid tree slug guys, that's obnoxious. :majordecline: Otherwise every boss and mini-boss encounter was enjoyable. My favorites would probably be Rellana, the lion dancing guy, the one right before the last one (do not want to spoil) and the last one. I also notably enjoyed fighting the mini-boss Not-Guts. As well as Rakshasa.

The exploration was fun, there were good old-fashioned encampments and castles here. Storming (or sneaking around the side like I did) Messmer's keep was particularly fun. The game is beautiful and has some of the best art direction and colors in a video game, still, and possibly better than the vanilla game.

The NPCs are neat, I enjoyed them. Some people say they are not prominent enough but I disagree. I like how focused and pretty straightforward the Miquella Squad ended up being. Everything just barrels toward this one goal. It gets pretty epic I feel.

I do not recall a single location I did not enjoy, hmm...Everything feels unique. It still has that same Elden Ring flaw of level design suffering from the open world, but as I said before it's much, much more mitigated here. I did not find myself nearly as often going "oh, come on already" while traversing and fighting a random group of jobbers that just become trivial on horseback.

I think this is Elden Ring's biggest problem, and maybe it is indicative of a deeper issue with Souls games, though more pronounced in Elden Ring: fighting most enemies on horseback is trivial and a chore, and it is more fun to avoid them outright. Fighting bosses and a few encounters on horseback is enjoyable and oftentimes fantastic (like dragon fights and knight-on-horse fights). However, while traversing the world, it removes any sort of stakes or challenge. Now, the issue of "you can run past everything" is a small problem in Souls games, but a few things cause enemies to be enjoyable in souls: 1. It is just simply fun to fight anything and everything for the most part in souls games and it's sort of baked into the general exploration 2. There is no horse making everything trivial 3. The level design is tight enough so you are more forced to encounter them 4. Even if you want to avoid them, a corpse-run now becomes an obstacle course of dodging and evading and this in itself is incredibly enjoyable.

All of the above points are echoed in Elden Ring when you are in tight spaces, or a *gulp* legacy dungeon or cave, or anything that isn't the open world part of the game. The open world part makes up a significant part of the game, however. I wonder if Miayazaki played Shadow of the Colossus and had the same thought I did: man, this is incredible, but it'd be cool if there were lesser enemies and minions strewn about the land. Well, now we have it, and the execution by FromSoft yields mixed results.

I love Elden Ring, but it is also disappointing in a few key ways, all of them stemming from the combination of horse + open world traversal. The animations, designs (enemies, locations, geography, levels, weapons, NPCs, bosses, armors, etc), battles, combat, factions, characters, voice-acting, personality, story, cool-factor, dungeons, are all still top-notch From quality and it really shines with Shadow of the Erdtree. However, again, to speak about Elden Ring more broadly and again this also applies to Shadow of the Erdtree in a lesser way: the open world and horse-traversal style of gameplay took away from making more intricately designed dungeons and a better game overall.

I still cherish this game as much as any From souls or souls-adjacent work. It is objectively inferior to Demon's Souls, Sekiro, and Bloodborne in my mind. Possibly Dark Souls 1 and 3, too. The game has significant strengths and equally or almost-equally significant weaknesses, but I still loved it. The game is still a product of high quality, as we have come to expect from Fromsoft. I would say probably a 9/10. Like I said, I love all of these games. The fantasy world crafted in The Lands Between is superb. I think I finally nailed down my problem with this game after playing the thing for 222 hours and it feels good. Hopefully they can learn from this and focus more on their strengths. I think the game would have been much, much better if it was horse-less (like Gothic), or had a horse in very limited instances, and was consequently designed around this. Torrent himself is still cool and it's appropriate and fitting that you can now fight the last boss of the main game with him (which I just did and got the Age of Order ending, the most kino one). However, the end-result is still mixed and with caveats, and yet what's good is so good, I still highly rate and deeply enjoyed this title. Thank you for reading, and praise Jesus Christ. :yeah:

EDIT: I have thought about it a little more, and I think I like this game as much as the souls games, and even Bloodborne. Demon's Souls and Sekiro are just my favorites. I still love this game, it is just different in its flaws to what came before. Fromsoft tried their big open world experiment and although the open world part does not resound as much as their other gameplay innovations across 6 games (I have yet to play Armored Core VI), the result is still a massively enjoyable game for all the usual reasons anyone enjoys From games.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The open world stuff is meant for scenery. You have points of interest and the rest of the space is just for atmosphere. At least i think that's the vide they were going for. Even the "loot" is mostly for immersion. If you find a corpse of some mook, it stands to reason he wouldn't be carrying anything of great value. This is all compounded by the fact the open world is non-linear, so many of the areas are designed for a "first time" encounter because they had no idea where the player was gonna go first. For completists who like to look under every nook and cranny, that can drive you crazy pretty fast. Not sure about people who just like to dip into areas spiradically or make a bee-line to the interesting parts.

A good example of an area that was designed for atmosphere is that place with all those finger pillars. It's vast and mostly empty, which has enraged a lot of people, but they certainly nailed the ambiance.

That said, even though i understood what they were trying to do, i don't think this style meshes all that well with Souls gameplay and design. I wasn't expecting this DLC to alter the basic format of the game that much (why would it, it's a DLC), but if they do end up making Elden Ring 2 (and you know they likely will, since you can't argue with the money), i hope they are going to rethink their whole approach to the open world concept.

BTW, part of the problem might be is that this game took its cue from Zelda. I have no clue what that game is actually like, but if that's true they need to rethink where they are getting their ideas from.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Brutal. And not particularly lucrative, I'd think. A couple of channels I follow have gone really hardcore on ER challenge stuff and are barely cracking 4-digit views.
Sounds about right. It's just 'content' with no point or purpose. It's not very impressive any more. Watching people dodge the DLC stuff shows you how badly they messed up the boss designs too. Mesmer has a move that is 100% unfair and bullshit and it bothers me they thought it was a good idea at all. If you're at a bit of range his gap close is a jump where he spins in mid air then brings his spear down on you on a second pass. The spear is flaming and should have a hit box on the first spin but it doesn't. So they intentionally made it so you will try to dodge the first (fake) attack that is clearly able to hit your character and in doing so you get caught by the second. It punishes the player for reacting to the visible attack on screen.
Lyric, please read this post carefully because you are getting called retarded for this exact thing. I will break it down line by line why you need to stop posting if you can't understand this.

Elden ring launched with this problem on PC (windows, not on Linux).
It's a shader cache issue because From's engine is not suited to open world and it would cache poorly causing stuttering or brief freezing and get players killed. The problem was especially bad when entering atlas before the dragon ambushes you after the karts and was easy to replicate/
This was one of the biggest discussions at release. It was even covered by several media sources pretending they had a fix (which they didn't).
Every patch for the first six months made it worse until eventually they just gave up and accepted it was as good as it was going to get without fully fixing it.
I post about it and say it's been there since launch and your response is to ignore all the text and say "it must be new".
Can you please at least attempt to read and understand posts so you can be part of a conversation instead of a retard in your own ignorant bubble trying to pick fights with everyone on everything you don't know about?
A good example of an area that was designed for atmosphere is that place with all those finger pillars. It's vast and mostly empty, which has enraged a lot of people, but they certainly nailed the ambiance.
Finger ruins are clearly unfinished and the 3rd part is one of From's biggest rush jobs ever. Metyr is obviously supposed to be in a legacy dungeon based on the fingers and instead we have 2 places so empty they don't even have the usual loot and the boss approach is a NPC invader along an empty rock path. It's not atmosphere, it's just not finished and it's a shame because seeing them from afar was one of the DLC's highlights and made me really curious. But going down to them is a complete waste of time and a misuse of a really interesting boss. Going through a legacy dungeon having to travel across giant fingers like the crystal caves in Dark souls 1 would have been a highlight of the DLC. Hitting O over and over then warping out when you realize it is completely empty with no purpose on was a huge let down.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
A shit patch just dropped. Don't bother reading the notes. The only important changes are that sleep shotgun got nerfed and chainsaw finally got removed. Most of the other changes are either irrelevant or actually make the game worse.

Hell Swarm

Learned
A shit patch just dropped. Don't bother reading the notes. The only important changes are that sleep shotgun got nerfed and chainsaw finally got removed. Most of the other changes are either irrelevant or actually make the game worse.
Stop being retarded.

PvP-exclusive balance adjustments

Equipment
  • Increased poise damage of normal attacks for the following weapon types: Light Great Swords / Backhand Blades / Hand-to-Hand Arts / Beast Claws
  • Increased poise damage of dual wield attacks for the following weapon types: Straight Swords / Thrusting Swords / Curved Swords / Katanas / Spears / Whips / Fists / Claws
  • Increased poise damage of the Claws of Night throwing attacks.
  • Decreased the backstep invulnerability window when the Fine Crucible Feather Talisman or the Talisman of All Crucibles are equipped.

Skills
  • Savage Lion's Claw:
    - The second hit of the follow-up attack is now easier to land
    - Decreased damage animation of the first attack against other players.
  • Raging Beast:
    Decreased invulnerability window against other players' attacks.
  • Blind Spot:
  • Palm Blast:
    Decreased poise amount generated when charging this skill.

Spell and Incantations
  • Miriam's Vanishing:
  • Knight's Lightning Spear:
    - Increased attack power of the initial lightning spear.
    - Decreased attack power of the spears launched after the first one.
    - Decreased poise damage of all spears generated by this spell.

General balance adjustments
  • Increased damage animation of the Light Greatsword charge attacks against enemies (other than players).
  • Increased the stats & status of the following NPCs that can be summoned in some areas:
  • Needle Knight Leda / Pureblood Knight Ansbach / Thiollier
  • Increased the attack power and damage negation of summoned spirits, excluding the Mimic Tear, when the Revered Spirit Ash Blessing is at [5] or more.
  • Increased the attack power and damage negation of summoned spirits, excluding the Mimic Tear, when upgraded to “+8” or higher.

Armament
  • Increased attack power scaling when upgrading the following armaments:
    Repeating Crossbow / Spread Crossbow / Rabbath's Cannon
  • Shield of Night:
    Increased damage negation when blocking physical attacks.
  • Euporia:
    - Increased Holy damage when the weapon has its luster restored.
    - Decreased the number of attacks required to restore the weapon’s luster.
    - Increased the duration of the luster restoration effect.
  • Golden Lion Shield:
    Increase guard strength.
  • Golem Fist:
    Added a damage hitbox to the hand portion of the ranged fist attack.
  • Smithscript Greathammer:
    Increased poise damage of the swing portion of throwing attacks (the projectile is unchanged).
  • Spread Crossbow/
    Decreased the generated status buildup when used with Bolts that have status effects.
  • Ailment Talisman:
    After the onset of a status ailment, the status build up (or duration) of said ailment will now also be reduced immediately by a certain amount.
  • Clarifying Horn Charm / Clarifying Horn Charm +1 / Clarifying Horn Charm +2:
    Increased Focus resistance.

Skill
  • Savage Lion's Claw:
    Increased attack power and poise damage of the first attack.
  • Swift Slash:
    - Reduced movement distance when using this skill
    - Extended recovery time.
  • Overhead Stance:
    Increased attack power against enemies (other than players).
  • Aspects of the Crucible: Wings
    - Increased attack power.
    - Increased directional control, as well as amount of poised generated when using this skill.
  • Lightspeed Slash:
    The additional light attacks are now affected by the attack power and ability scaling of the weapon.
  • Rancor Slash:
    - Increased attack power of the vengeful spirits.
    - Increased stamina damage against guarding enemies.
  • Revenger's Blade:
    Increased directional control for follow up attacks after a strong attack.
  • Horn Calling:
  • Horn Calling: Storm:
  • Weed Cutter:
    Increased the speed of attacks.
  • Romina's Purification:
    Increased poise value when using this skill.
  • Red Bear Hunt:
    - Increased poise value when using this skill.
  • Rancor Shot:
    Decreased status buildup generation when used with Arrows that have status effects.
  • Repeating Fire:
    Adjusted attack power to compensate for increase in weapon damage
  • Feeble Lord's Frenzied Flame:
    Reduced Frenzy status effect buildup against enemies.
  • Revenge of the Night:
    Increased poise damage and attack power when this skill is used immediately after guarding against an enemy attack.

Spell
  • Glintblade Trio:
    Increased attack power.
  • Blades of Stone:
    - Adjusted attack power of the first, second and third charge attacks.
    - Increased attack power of the non-charged attack.
    - Increased attack power of the first hit of the charged attack, and reduced attack power of the second and third hits.
    - Increased attack range and attack speed.
  • Glintstone Nail:
    Increased attack power and improved enemy tracking.
  • Glintstone Nails:
    Increased attack power and improved enemy tracking.
  • Impenetrable Thorns:
    - All generated Impenetrable Thorns will now track enemies.
    - Decreased attack power and poise damage.
    - Decreased the Hemorrhage status buildup and stamina damage against guarding enemies.
  • Rings of Spectral Light:
    Increased attack power and Frostbite status buildup.
  • Vortex of Putrescence:
    Increased attack power and Frostbite status buildup.

Incantation
  • Minor Erdtree:
    Increased HP recovery amount.
  • Land of Shadow:
    Improved enemy tracking.
  • Spira:
    Increased attack speed.
    Watchful Spirit: Improved enemy tracking.
  • Divine Beast Tornado:
    - Enemies hit by the tornado will now be launched upwards.
    - The tornado will be less likely to disappear due to collision with the terrain.
  • Rain of Fire:
    - Reduced the interval between each hit.
  • Roar of Rugalea:
    Increased poise damage and attack power.
  • Furious Blade of Ansbach:
    Increased attack power.
  • Rotten Butterflies:
    - Increased Scarlet Rot status buildup.
    - Reduced the interval between damage ticks.
    - Increased attack range.

Ash
  • Wandering Noble:
    Will no longer stagger as easily.
  • Noble Sorcerer:
  • Nomad Ashes:
  • Putrid Corse:
  • Skeletal Militiaman:
  • Skeletal Bandit:
  • Albinauric:
  • Winged Misbegotten:
  • Demi-Human:
  • Clayman:
  • Oracle Envoys:
  • Man-Fly:
  • Lone Wolf Ashes:
  • Rotten Stray Ashes:
  • Giant Rat Ashes:
  • Warhawk:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power and Fire attack power.
    - Increased Stance status.
  • Land Squirt:
    - Increased HP.
    - Will no longer stagger as easily.
  • Spirit jellyfish:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power and poison status ailment buildup on enemies.
  • Spider Scorpion:
    - Increased physical attack power, poison status ailment buildup on enemies and damage negation except for strike and fire attributes.
  • Fingercreeper:
  • Fanged Imp:
  • Bigmouth Imp:
    - Increased HP and Fire attack power.
  • Gravebird:
    - Increased HP and magic attack power.
  • Soldjar of Fortune:
  • Archers:
  • Greatshield Soldiers:
  • Page:
  • Vulgar Militia:
  • Marionette Soldier:
  • Avionette Soldie:
  • Kaiden Mercenary:
    - Increased HP and physical attack power.
  • Mad Pumpkin Head:
    - Increased physical attack power.
  • Fire Monks:
  • Ancestral Follower:
  • Horned Warrior:
    - Increased HP and damage negation except for pierce attacks.
  • Azula Beastman:
    - Increased HP and lightning attack power.
  • Man-Serpent:
  • Crystalian:
  • Kindred of Rot:
  • Bloodfiend Hexer's:
    - Increased hemorrhage status ailment buildup on enemies.
  • Glintstone sorcerer:
  • Twinsage Sorcerer:
  • Inquisitor:
    - Increased HP.
  • Godrick Soldier:
  • Raya Lucaria Soldier:
  • Leyndell Soldier:
  • Radahn Soldier:
  • Haligtree Soldier:
  • Mausoleum Soldier:
  • Messmer Soldier:
    - Increased Hp and physical attack power.
  • Stormhawk Deenh:
    - Increased duration of effect to increase the attack power given to allies.
  • Banished Knight Oleg:
    - Increased physical attack power and damage negation against physical attacks.
  • Banished Knight Engval:
  • Bloodhound Knight Floh:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power and damage negation against physical attacks.
  • Black Knight Captain Huw:
  • Black Knight Commander Andreas:
    - Increased damage negation and guard boost against Holy and Physical attacks.
  • Fire Knight Hilde:
    - Increased Fire attack power.
  • Fire Knight Queelign:
    Increased Vigor and Faith.
  • Swordhand of Night Jolán:
    Increased Vigor and Dexterity.
  • Jolán and Anna:
    Increased Vigor and Dexterity.
  • Battlemage Hugues:
    - Increased physical attack power and magic attack power.
  • Latenna the Albinauric:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power, and magic attack power.
  • Perfumer Tricia:
    - Increased HP.
  • Depraved Perfumer Carmaan:
    - Increased fire attack power.
  • Omenkiller Rollo:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power, and Fire attack power.
  • Blackflame Monk Amon:
  • Curseblade Meera:
  • Demi-Human Swordsman Yosh:
    - Increased HP, physical attack power, and magic attack power.
  • Ancient Dragon Knight Kristoff:
    - Increased Lightning attack power and damage negation against Physical, Lightning, and Holy Attack affinities.
  • Redmane Knight Ogha:
    Increased physical attack power and damage negation against Physical and Fire attack affinities.
  • Lhutel the Headless:
  • Cleanrot Knight Finlay:
    - Increased physical attack power and damage negation against Physical, Magic, and Holy Attack affinities.
  • Black Knife Tiche:
  • Divine Bird Warrior Ornis:
    - Increased HP and damage negation against Physical attacks except Pierce attacks.
  • Ancient Dragon Florissax:
    - Increased Arcane.
    - Increased damage negation against all affinities.
    - Increased Skills and Incantations usage rate.
    - Increased the speed and poise values during some attacks.
  • Finger Maiden Therolina Puppet:
    Increased Vigor and Faith.
  • Jarwight Puppet:
    Increased Vigor.
  • Dolores the Sleeping Arrow Puppet:
    Increased Vigor.
  • Nepheli Loux Puppet:
    Increased Vigor and Strength.
  • Dung Eater Puppet:
    Increased Vigor.
  • Nightmaiden & Swordstress:
    Increased HP and physical attack power.

Bug Fixes
  • Changed the default selection of the OK / CANCEL prompt that shows up when using the “Spectral Steed Whistle” while the spectral steed is dead. The default selection position is now OK.
  • Adjusted the placement of NPC summon signs in certain boss fight areas.
  • Changed the NPC summon signs in certain boss fights to allow the user to summon NPCs simply by pressing the action button once.
  • Fixed a bug where the damage of some normal attacks of the Dark Moon Greatsword were lower than intended.
  • Fixed the physical attack attribute menu display of the “Warpick” weapon.
  • Fixed a bug where some attacks of the “Swift Spear” weapon were different than expected in terms of power, damage motion and hitbox generation timing.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the “Twinblade Talisman” from affecting the Perfume Bottles weapon type when equipped and used in the left hand.
  • Fixed a bug where the physical attack attributes of some attacks of the Thrusting Shields weapon type were different than expected.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed the use of Arrows / Great Arrows / Bolts / Great Bolts that should not be usable for the following weapon types:
  • Light Bows / Long Bows / Greatbows / Crossbows / Ballistas
  • Fixed a bug where the effect of increasing the power of the Incantation “Light of Miquella” of the “Circlet of Light” helmet was not applied correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused FP consumption when using the "Unending Dance" Skill while not meeting the ability requirements of the weapon "Dancing Blade of Ranah".
  • Fixed a bug where the physical attack attribute of some attacks of the “Deadly Dance” Skill was different than expected.
  • Fixed a bug where the physical attack attribute of the “Scattershot Throw” Skill of the “Claws of Night” weapon was different than expected.
  • Fixed a bug where the following Skills did not change correctly when performed with or without FP.
  • Dynastic Sickleplay / Raging Beast / Repeating Crossbow Fire
  • Fixed a bug where a different Rage Art was sometimes performed when following up with a strong attack after using the “Raging Beast” and “Dynasty Sickleplay” Skills.
  • Fixed a bug that caused certain Skills to perform differently than expected under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some Spells / Incantations that can be used in the air from being used in the air under some conditions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the "Golden Arcs" Incantation to generate attacks slower when cast with the left hand.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Rain of Fire” Incantation sometimes did not hit enemies.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Furious Blade of Ansbach” Incantation did not apply Hemorrhage status build up.
  • Fixed a bug where under some circumstances, the move distance when casting some Spells / Incantations was different than expected.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes interrupted the cast of the “Roar of Rugalea” Incantation.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Cherishing Fingers” magic attack sometimes did not hit.
  • Fixed a bug in the behavior of the Mimic Tear spirit when casting Spells, Incantations and Skills.
  • Fixed a bug where NPCs could be summoned when the maximum number of cooperative multiplayer members had been reached.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some items to display different icons than expected.
  • Fixed a bug where exiting the game or going through a loading screen immediately after defeating “Count Ymir, Mother of Fingers” could make the dropped items unobtainable.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from performing Critical hits on some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug in which some attacks on certain enemies were interpreted differently than expected.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented rune gains when defeating some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some enemies from working properly under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug where the Multiplayer area borders were different than intended in some areas.
  • Fixed a bug where the player would spawn in a different place than intended when invading another player’s world
  • Fixed a bug in the map menu that caused some NPC icons in the Realm of Shadow to not display properly.
  • Fixed a bug in the design of the map of Realm of Shadow and the “Map Fragment” icon.
  • Fixed a bug where some cutscenes were not displayed correctly under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a bug where some sound effects did not play correctly.
  • Fixed a bug where some effects were not displayed correctly.
  • Several performance improvements and other bug fixes.

Steam-only adjustments
  • Fixed a bug where “Anti-aliasing Quality” was unintentionally set to “High” each time the game was restarted.
  • Correction of end credits: in update 1.12, an error was included in the credits of the game. This issue will be corrected in the next update.

Possible unstable performance fixes
  • In some PC versions, Ray Tracing may be unintentionally enabled and cause unstable performance.: Please check the Ray Tracing setting in the "System" > "Graphics " > "Ray Tracing Quality" from the title screen or in-game menu.
  • In the PC version, the message "Inappropriate activity detected" may appear without cheating: to fix this issue, please verify the integrity of the game's files before restarting the game.
  • In the PC version, unstable framerate may be caused by third party applications that control mouse behavior. Deactivating these third party applications may improve performance.

They rebalanced almost the entire spirit ash system so things are more viable now instead of mimic tear spam. Mimic took a nerf because it's not buffed by ashes as much as the other spirits now. Many spells that didn't function at all before (rain of fire and the butterflies were both useless) are now improved. There's a lot of stuff being fixed here opening up some cool spell options you couldn't use before. Rain of fire was so bad you did barely 100 damage on some casts and now hopefully it'll be good in PvE as it's a fun spell. Same with butterflies.

I'm hoping From don't use the same spell data with enemies as players because enemy Spira is a fucking pain now. Player spira sucked and looks to be buffed.

They buffed all the summons for Radahn from the looks of it. Doesn't specifically say where but it's the only place they would matter.

Euphoria was fixed, has a damage buff, easier to proc charge and the charge lasts longer. Which is awesome. That weapon is great but it's gimmick didn't work. Now it does and I'm glad. I used it a bit recently and it can do a lot of work but it was too difficult to use as intended due to the windows being too tight.

Lands of shadow was as bad as Elden stars but it's hopefully fixed and works now.

Crossbows got a buff across the board from the looks of it. Which is neat.

backstep iframe talisman got nerfed. Not my thing but it was quite popular with players.

Stoned Ape

Savant

They rebalanced almost the entire spirit ash system so things are more viable now instead of mimic tear spam. Mimic took a nerf because it's not buffed by ashes as much as the other spirits now. Many spells that didn't function at all before (rain of fire and the butterflies were both useless) are now improved. There's a lot of stuff being fixed here opening up some cool spell options you couldn't use before. Rain of fire was so bad you did barely 100 damage on some casts and now hopefully it'll be good in PvE as it's a fun spell. Same with butterflies.
That's great, but it was possible for Taylew (the golem smith spirit ash) to solo the DLC final boss if you had the heal from afar incantation, so I don't think it really needed a buff.

Hell Swarm

Learned

That's great, but it was possible for Taylew (the golem smith spirit ash) to solo the DLC final boss if you had the heal from afar incantation, so I don't think it really needed a buff.

A lot of them probably can if they can survive his attacks. Healing is really powerful with spirits and there's a lot of ways to buff them. There's challenge runs doing summons only. I considered it myself for a while.

Ravielsk

Magister
Finger ruins are clearly unfinished and the 3rd part is one of From's biggest rush jobs ever.
I am not sure if it was meant to be a legacy dungeon, more likely it was meant to be the size of a mine or one of those folk graves but otherwise yes its blatantly unfinished. Especially the questline attached to it smells of a rushed job. Its just so weird that a creature that was supposedly the source of all of greater wills directives is just left so inconsequential.

And the quest around it just straight up makes no sense. The count seems to have expected something from us(besides getting killed and eaten) but he never even alluded to what it might be. Yet in his boss fight he sounds almost as if we betrayed him somehow, almost as if Methyr was supposed to be more than just a optional boss.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Finger ruins are clearly unfinished and the 3rd part is one of From's biggest rush jobs ever.
I am not sure if it was meant to be a legacy dungeon, more likely it was meant to be the size of a mine or one of those folk graves but otherwise yes its blatantly unfinished. Especially the questline attached to it smells of a rushed job. Its just so weird that a creature that was supposedly the source of all of greater wills directives is just left so inconsequential.

And the quest around it just straight up makes no sense. The count seems to have expected something from us(besides getting killed and eaten) but he never even alluded to what it might be. Yet in his boss fight he sounds almost as if we betrayed him somehow, almost as if Methyr was supposed to be more than just a optional boss.
There's also the graveyard which seems to have some importance and just doesn't. I would like to have seen the original plans.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lyric, please read this post carefully because you are getting called retarded for this exact thing. I will break it down line by line why you need to stop posting if you can't understand this.

Elden ring launched with this problem on PC (windows, not on Linux).

Maybe it did but i never experienced it in over a thousand hours in the two years before the DLC, so something happened there.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Sounds about right. It's just 'content' with no point or purpose.

Which has sadly become the bane of the challenge run scene in recent years.

BTW, part of the problem might be is that this game took its cue from Zelda. I have no clue what that game is actually like, but if that's true they need to rethink where they are getting their ideas from.

It's a problem that goes back a long way. Demon's Souls took heavy inspiration from Space Harrier and suffered for it. Now, I've never played Space Harrier and can't confirm this, but it's a problem nonetheless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom