Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Hell Swarm

Learned
Hell Swarm What's your price? What would it take for you to stop shitting up this thread with your trite, useless takes? Yes, FS games have performance issues. Thank you for your invaluable contribution.
My price is honesty. An honest discussion about the Souls games unlike the usual retards who can't even admit From have issues.
PC still has frame rate issues in blight town even with strong hardware. But try again faggot. I don't even play on consoles.

Then how come I never got those issues even though my hardware is always mid-end at best? Even the very first time I played, on the shitty port with DSfix, I didn't get frame drops in Blighttown.
DSfix actually fixes some of the FPS issues. You're not discussing the base game as released which makes your experience invalid. Next Vic will be saying Starfield is a good game if you mod content into it.
Blighttown frame drops were always exaggerated, even on consoles.
They absolutely were not. The very first patch cut down the view distance massively to try and mitigate them.

Here's a video of blight town hitting 12 FPS on PS3 and 360. It's undeniable evidence.

DSfix actually fixes some of the FPS issues. You're not discussing the base game as released which makes your experience invalid. Next Vic will be saying Starfield is a good game if you mod content into it.

And who the fuck even played the base game of Prepare To Die Edition, considering that DSFix came out within a day of its release? Were you retarded enough to play without DSFix?

Hell Swarm

Learned

And who the fuck even played the base game of Prepare To Die Edition, considering that DSFix came out within a day of its release? Were you retarded enough to play without DSFix?
A fan fixing a game isn't a valid argument. And it doesn't fix all the FPS issues either.

Old Hans

Arcane
hate 2 toot my own ass, but I beat the dlc with my sl1 character, first try, using the starting bow, which I downgraded to the black bow just so I could have a challenge.

A fan fixing a game isn't a valid argument. And it doesn't fix all the FPS issues either.

And what the fuck is your argument? Neither PTDE with DSFix nor DS Remastered have these drops. Yet you claim that "PC still has frame rate issues in blight town even with strong hardware". Now that you've been told it doesn't, it's suddenly "but-but there are other unfixed FPS issues". What are they then, considering I didn't have them nor did I ever have a strong PC hardware.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
What a dumbfuck argument we are talking about the fact consoles are low powered peasant machines and he pulls this bullshit that DSFix somehow "fixed" the FPS on PC instead of PC hardware eclipsing the PS3 completely. That's after he literally invented some retardation out of thin hair that the framerate dropped in Blighttown even on PC like we didn't all fucking play the game dozen of times and know for a fact that's a fucking lie.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Holy sophistry Batman.

"Guys, the frame drops were totally exaggerated, it was only like, 5 or 10 FPS at the most dudes".

Let's ignore for a second that's MASSIVE when your starting point is 30 FPS. Let's also forget the max resolution on the PS3 is 720p.

Hell Swarm

Learned

And what the fuck is your argument? Neither PTDE with DSFix nor DS Remastered have these drops. Yet you claim that "PC still has frame rate issues in blight town even with strong hardware". Now that you've been told it doesn't, it's suddenly "but-but there are other unfixed FPS issues". What are they then, considering I didn't have them nor did I ever have a strong PC hardware.
It does still have those issues if you deny it or not.
What a dumbfuck argument we are talking about the fact consoles are low powered peasant machines and he pulls this bullshit that DSFix somehow "fixed" the FPS on PC instead of PC hardware eclipsing the PS3 completely. That's after he literally invented some retardation out of thin hair that the framerate dropped in Blighttown even on PC like we didn't all fucking play the game dozen of times and know for a fact that's a fucking lie.
It's funny how retarded Lyric is. He still thinks I play on console when I'm a PC gamer and have been for 30 years now lol.

Odoryuk

Educated
Consoles are actually good. FromSoftware's soul is a console one, there's nothing you can do about it

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Consoles are actually good. FromSoftware's soul is a console one, there's nothing you can do about it

No, consoles are not good. They are shit, low powered machines. Just because there are games that can only be played on console (because the Japanese were too stubborn to adopt the PC) doesn't mean the machines are automatically good.

I'll also give you another example of why consoles are shit: Bloodborne being stuck on a console that's as good as phased out at this point.

Hell Swarm

Learned

Modern PC, absolutely dwarves Dark souls 1's specs and has DSfix installed. Blighttown still hitting 30-40 FPS if you look into the distance from up high. This isn't even the worst area. You can see it's on PC because it's windowed mode. Would any one like to admit they're wrong yet?

They are shit,
They used to good for gaming with friends, but yeah now you can just hook up some (good) controllers and plug that HDMI in your tv and voila.
PC doesn't always like multiple controllers but other wise I agree. No reason to own a console any more and sour grapes over a bad From game is why Lyric hates consoles lol.

Odoryuk

Educated
No, consoles are not good. They are shit, low powered machines. Just because there are games that can only be played on console (because the Japanese were too stubborn to adopt the PC) doesn't mean the machines are automatically good.
Looking at consoles only through hardware lens is only seeing just a quarter of the whole picture. Consoles offer a different game design school compared to PC. They're not just weaker computers, their differences from PC give them their strengths.
I guess it was more true in previous generations and in modern gaming there's this weird homogenization of games happening, that makes consoles not so different from PC (and also the Japanese touch is lost and only preserved only with Nintendo), but consoles nourished a lot of good into gaming, just like arcade gaming did.
FromSoftware is a fully console company, even if they will ever stop making exclusive console games (I hope they will stop).
If FromSoftware had chosen a more capable PC platform to make a clone of Ultima Underworld back in the 90s, who knows, maybe they'd die in obscurity.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Here's a video of blight town hitting 12 FPS on PS3 and 360. It's undeniable evidence.

Yeah, I've seen the videos. I've also played unpatched Dark Souls a disgusting amount of times on a PS3 and have never had significant fps issues in Blighttown outside of the upper section, near the blowdart guy and the giant bug. I'm not saying it isn't an issue at all, just overblown.

I just want the thread to be about how Artorias is just the dollar store Capra Demon.

One of my best posts. Glad you've seen the light.

leonardo-dicaprio-glass-toast-tuxedo-great-gatsby.gif

No, consoles are not good. They are shit, low powered machines.

We've already stolen Planescape. Todd Howard will eventually give us Fallout and Fallout 2 as pipboy games.

Mauman

Scholar
My computer is approaching potato status and I was able to get Elden Ring to keep around 60 fps.

Then again, I'm not a graphics whore, so I'm just fine turning the graphics down to "crap". Though I do keep draw distances at max.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

The game had no FPS issues. It's an hallucination you are having in your head. The only FPS issue is that if you unlocked 60 FPS you would get a couple of glitches (allegedly).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Holy sophistry Batman.

"Guys, the frame drops were totally exaggerated, it was only like, 5 or 10 FPS at the most dudes".

Let's ignore for a second that's MASSIVE when your starting point is 30 FPS. Let's also forget the max resolution on the PS3 is 720p.
I had zero FPS drop in Blighttown, even on GTX 660.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Hell Swarm What's your price? What would it take for you to stop shitting up this thread with your trite, useless takes? Yes, FS games have performance issues. Thank you for your invaluable contribution.

My price is honesty. An honest discussion about the Souls games unlike the usual retards who can't even admit From have issues.
PC still has frame rate issues in blight town even with strong hardware. But try again faggot. I don't even play on consoles.

Then how come I never got those issues even though my hardware is always mid-end at best? Even the very first time I played, on the shitty port with DSfix, I didn't get frame drops in Blighttown.
They absolutely were not. The very first patch cut down the view distance massively to try and mitigate them.

Modern PC, absolutely dwarves Dark souls 1's specs and has DSfix installed. Blighttown still hitting 30-40 FPS if you look into the distance from up high. This isn't even the worst area. You can see it's on PC because it's windowed mode. Would any one like to admit they're wrong yet?

They are shit,
They used to good for gaming with friends, but yeah now you can just hook up some (good) controllers and plug that HDMI in your tv and voila.
PC doesn't always like multiple controllers but other wise I agree. No reason to own a console any more and sour grapes over a bad From game is why Lyric hates consoles lol.

The game had no FPS issues. It's an hallucination you are having in your head. The only FPS issue is that if you unlocked 60 FPS you would get a couple of glitches (allegedly).
As you can see Claw. I have provided evidence that Blighttown has FPS issues on console and on PC, even when hardware is greatly over the minimum specs. I provided video evidence with the steam overlay showing blighttown dropping to 30 FPS from looking over the edge of the cliff structures. I would argue, I've made a very solid argument that this is an issue and it's easy to replicate and it's a common discussion around the game (also note Lyric denies there being glitches with DSFix despite it being known it causes jumps to shorten and you can fall through the floor by sliding down ladders on rare occasions. And I've experienced this myself and fell through the floor in tomb of kings because of DSfix).

Why would you take any thread seriously when you have the From internet defense force here denying even the most basic issues with multiple videos supporting it? Why wouldn't you consider the thread to be nothing more than From lolcows you can laugh at for being so incredibly stupid? Fanboys have and always will be pathetic fat losers attaching their identity to a product and any attempt to discuss that product honestly will be met with the dumbest of fucking posts ever. As long as Lyric posts in this thread it will always be a place to laugh at retards. He's too autistic and has such a low IQ he can't even read what's posted, he goes into a blinding rage and ignores everything but the first line. Even a 30 second video completely destroying his point gets ignored because he can't dispute it and so he can't blindly defend From.

So Claw, I ask you. What should the price be? Because I think I've made a pretty fair shake of things overall. I've provided constant video evidence and even technical explanations for issues with From games. I have made every effort to bring the thread back on topic and get away from Fanboy idiots and completely off topic console wars and it's pointless. So why bother trying to have a quality thread when half the posters are not functionally able to hold a conversation?

a bad From game
Doesn't happen.
20240819214849-2.jpg

Here's a glitch I ran into yesterday in Dark souls 3. Tell me again how this isn't a bad game? This happened every time an enemy aggroed me. It's a known issue with multiple reddit threads discussing it when you google the problem. Not fixed in years of patches before From abandoned the game. Did they ever fix the remote code bugs in Dark souls 1 and 2? I don't think they did.. Just turned off a feature in the game rather than fix a bug that can literally hack your computer.

The Dark Souls exploit that forced Bandia Namco to pull PC game servers offline has been published.

Back in January, a Remote Code Execution (RCE) was discovered in the Dark Souls games that made it so players could invade other players and control their PCs. This was such a big issue at the time, that Bandai Namco was forced to take the PvP servers offline for the PC versions while it resolved the problem.

The PvP servers remain down to this day, but one person who discovered the exploit has shared the details on the RCE after the publisher said it would fix the issue (via VGC).

Dark Souls 3
Dark Souls 3. Credit: FromSoftware
The RCE details were shared on Github and disclosed proof of concept code and documentation. The description indicates that the vulnerability is confirmed to be present in Dark Souls, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls 2, and Dark Souls 3.

The exploit hasn’t been confirmed in Demon’s Souls but it’s “very likely” and it’s been confirmed that there’s no way to trigger the RCE in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. The person did reveal that the exploit was “completely fixed” in Elden Ring.

LukeYui, the developer of fan-made Dark Souls anti-cheat software Blue Sentinel, also said that the Easy Anti Cheat software in Elden Ring “is heavily flawed and can be trivially bypassed in multiple ways.”

Last month, Bandai Namco announced that online services would be unavailable until after Elden Ring had launched, saying it would extend its investigation into the exploit to Elden Ring. “Due to the time required to set up proper testing environments, online services for the Dark Souls series on PC will not resume until after the release of Elden Ring,” the publisher explained. “We will continue to do everything we can to bring back these services as soon as possible.”

Despite the announcement, the Dark Souls PC PvP servers remain down and it’s unclear at the time when they will be fixed.
https://www.nme.com/news/details-about-the-dark-souls-hacking-exploit-have-been-published-3186809
https://www.flashpoint.io/blog/rce-vulnerability-dark-souls/

Odoryuk

Educated
Did they ever fix the remote code bugs in Dark souls 1 and 2? I don't think they did.. Just turned off a feature in the game rather than fix a bug that can literally hack your computer.
They did
PTD and non-scholar I mean. I know they fixed the re-releases.
They're not selling PTD anymore and vanilla DS2 has servers up still? I haven't checked, but I think both versions can go online now.

abija

Prophet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvGhW2t-kas (mid range 2yr old pc, 1440p, max smaa, max ssao, no dof scaling, pretty much everything in dsfix maxed out).
Would you like to admit you are just a bile spewing worm? You could have said 100fps is pretty bad on a modern pc, instead you did a fucked up test pretending that's how modern hardware works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom