Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I get wanting to puzzle out the solution to a problem, but these spastic bosses like Malekith and Margit feel like the 'puzzle' equivalent of a murder mystery where the solution is a dead guy because 'lol he wasn't actually dead GOTCHA!' It's wholly unsatisfying to solve in comparison to figuring out something that obeys some sort of logic. And realistically, you don't even solve such bosses, you just get a lucky pattern and they die before you understand how to deal with half their moveset.

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Playing the fuck out of this game again but haven't been able to get into the server for a week. Get a lot of errors each time. So it boots me and lets me play offline. No idea why.

Enjoying the DLC, but I definitely wish they did the following with the bosses:
1. Fully Restored Radahn fight another way and fought him without Miquella
2. Miquella the god comes back with Godwyn the Golden. Basically, the eclipse to bring back his soul now that Radahn is dead is successful, etc.
Honestly, I really wanted to fight either Queen Marika (or even just a shade of her like Godfrey Shade), or a fully restored Ragadon actually using both Miracles and Sorcery together like he's described in lore.

Really, anything would have been better than the blatant fanservice we got... unlike most I don't really see the point of bringing back Godwyn, being dead is kind of his whole story. They already ruined the perfect ending to Radahn's story with this DLC, do they really have to ruin another?

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Retcon. Retcon, retcon, retcon, retcon!!!! That was the most obvious retcon in history!

In the ACTUAL lore of the original trailer they were fighting over the title of Elden Lord. We all know Miyazaki didn't originally plan anything that happened in the DLC, he isn't that good of a writer!

Caim

Arcane
Retcon. Retcon, retcon, retcon, retcon!!!! That was the most obvious retcon in history!

In the ACTUAL lore of the original trailer they were fighting over the title of Elden Lord. We all know Miyazaki didn't originally plan anything that happened in the DLC, he isn't that good of a writer!
It's not important whether you're a good wrinter, what is important is if you can convince others that you are.

Same goes for all skills, knowledge, etc. The only important skill in life is how good you can sell BS.

Odoryuk

Educated

It's not a retcon if it doesn't contradict the actual events of the game. You thought that they were fighting over the title of Elden Lord, but she was actually fighting so her brother could became something even more than that, there's no contradictions, it doesn't matter that it was not planned from the beginning at all

I didn't mention it before but I really like a lot of the new SotE weapon movesets. Props to Milady in particular, the transitions between stances are beautiful. I hope From use historical sources again in future. Lots of potential in staying grounded whilst remaining stylish.

Dr1f7

Scholar
thou'rt were.... truely.... tarnivorous . . .. uuaarrggghhhh *dies*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom