Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Shrimp

Arbiter
What saddens me is that the Viking class from the network test is not there anymore. Oh well, I'll do my Viking play-through starting with Hero class.

bloody-wolf-class-network-test-elden-ring-wiki-guide-270.jpg
Sounds like they removed it because in the final game it's an NPC: https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1494688468907266052?t=ydwwwXanT4KrcBZuDYyZmQ&s=19
I'm fairly sure all the previous Dark Souls network tests had different placeholder classes with more equipment/spells for the network tests.
While it might be disappointing that you can't pick the same sets from the CNT it's hardly that big of a surprise. The sets will (hopefully) most likely be obtainable at some point in the game anyway.

Steezus

Savant
Patron

Caim

Arcane
Now that stuff like arrows are craftable, I wonder how more viable it's going to be to be an archer. In the previous games it was a bitch and a half to stock up on enough ammunition and it'd cost a pretty penny, but now that we can make arrows it might be better. Unless it's better to use the materials for arrows elsewhere or pawn the stuff off for souls of course.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I imagine bow builds won't be complete ass like in previous games, just by virtue of the additional mobility that comes with jumping. Sleeping arrows also sound like fun, but I wouldn't be surprised if their effectiveness sharply decreases after the early game.

user

Savant
Order of business:

1) Find the creepiest name possible.
2) Find the creepiest armor possible.
3) Dual wield poison whips.
4) Behave spastically on every duel, poison, stare at the victim, repeat.

Has anyone seen dual whip powerstance or poison yet? Haven't managed to find a video. Hope it's viable like it was in 2.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
So is there anything interesting about the setting yet? If such a dark/high fantasy hybrid doesn't even have race wars, I'm out.

deem

Savant
I think the opposite. I like From Soft throwing in some grotesqueries into their design. Smough's Armor, Logarius' Wheel and, of course, the Symbol of Avarice are among my favorite items.

randir14

Augur
The rectangular version is in the game, maybe it's one of the variations you can change with the tailoring tools.
6u5Bm2F.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Man, wretch looking like female saitama.

One Punch modders probably in full swing after release.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Apparently there's going to be some sort of livestream event today, maybe we'll be able to see how the PC version plays.

Caim

Arcane
I imagine bow builds won't be complete ass like in previous games, just by virtue of the additional mobility that comes with jumping. Sleeping arrows also sound like fun, but I wouldn't be surprised if their effectiveness sharply decreases after the early game.
If they hadn't gone with making it easy to craft arrows, the best option for throwables would be to make them function similarly to how spells work in DS1/2: you can carry around X of them at a time and they are fully replenished for free at a bonfire. If you want to carry more you have to either buy upgrade items or find them in the world to expand your quiver/pot pouch/knife bandolier/bag of rocks. Unlocking special types of projectiles is done with upgrade items found in the world like the embers and coals, allowing you to either choose which types to carry of mix freely until you reach your load limit.

No wheel? No deal.

randir14

Augur

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom