Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ELEX II gets a combat trailer, now available for preorder

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
keep memeing

memes are like the best thing that came out of this IP

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Its over germoids you had it all and you blew it now polnische banditen make better gothic games than you.

You could use bismarck rotting corpse spinning in his grave to produce green electricity.

Werdnicus

Learned
Its over germoids you had it all and you blew it now polnische banditen make better gothic games than you.

You could use bismarck rotting corpse spinning in his grave to produce green electricity.

Came here to post this. If you want your Gothic fix, play Archolos.

Black Angel

Arcane
keep memeing

Wasn't the first game meme'd to the point it actually became good?

This means we need to turn up the memes for the sequel several million notches until it becomes Codex's Game of the Millennium.

Skdursh

Savant
keep memeing

Wasn't the first game meme'd to the point it actually became good?

This means we need to turn up the memes for the sequel several million notches until it becomes Codex's Game of the Millennium.
I still talk shit on it, because it deserves it, but it's also a genuinely enjoyable experience if you have a tolerance for eurojank.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elex was average but as there are few good RPGs one could enojy it for an RPG fix at the time, even if it was completely forgettable.

But now after Archolos I can't imagine playing it and enjoying it the same, and seems like Elex 2 doesn't improve on anything.

All they have to do is literally copy Gothic as they did with first Risen - and it worked! But instead they are dead set on making this crap.

I guess I won't understand them as a non-G*rman.

It's a "buy on -75% sale" game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Elex >>>>>> risen even the first one. Overall gothic 1 & 2 are better games but there are some things elex did better like vertical exploration and reactivity in some quest. I also dig elex worldbuilding more, even though i love gothic, but elex have deeper mystery and gothic are always somewhat inconsistent (although that's mostly on gothic 3)

Tihskael

Learned
Best game 2022 right there! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
WXSoTVDFpRzJSFCfgrZCPk.jpg

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Oh no...the combat is janky!

Show us on the doll where PB touched you.
I don't know where to begin after watching this trailer. From atrociously bad sound design to shitty animations to fucking retarded dead enemies stare to clunky controls and stiff movements, this game seems to check every red flags.
People ITT are so deluded and fanatically fond into PB, it's self-loathing at this point.
Everywhere else, it would have been shat on and torched.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
Everywhere else, it would have been shat on and torched

That's pretty funny considering no place shats on and torches games like the Codex.

It's a shitty trailer, but that doesn't mean the game is going to be shit. PB has never been good at making trailers.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The thing about Elex is that it somehow managed to be much better than the sum of its junky parts, it remains to be seen if that will be the case with the sequel too.

But since they had the engine and the systems ready, I was expecting a bit more polish this time around. This is a pretty bad trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom