Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Modron

Arcane
Plasma cannons technically do the most damage per shot topping out at 696 but they are heavy weapons and you can't fly while using them making stuff like the unique Nade launchers more attractive. You don't even have to join the clerics to get them either like I said you can steal enough of them to make a fully enhanced one from cleric guards (maybe even Albs as well but I am not sure about that).

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Please advise, if you'd be so kind. When does Vivian offer Hacking training? I've completed a quest for her, she only offers buying provisions now, nothing else. Do I need to become a Cleric (don't want to)?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Please advise, if you'd be so kind. When does Vivian offer Hacking training? I've completed a quest for her, she only offers buying provisions now, nothing else. Do I need to become a Cleric (don't want to)?
Oh, never mind. I found out she starts teaching after PC speaks to Keno.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've found Gothic

BB344FD70D1B71F11CA607E195E8F845AFF25656

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In case anyone was wondering, the big dam in Abessa is still physically present in the game. You just need around 30 cleansing potions to get to it :M

202204031739491.jpg

Also, if there's one thing about this game that can't be praised enough, it's that NPCs you need to accompany to places usually tend to SPRINT
After you finish the game you get unlimited jetpack, so you can quickly travel to these old Elex areas. The dam and other areas are still there, but empty and plenty of buildings are just textures so you clip through them.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honestly I don't vet, this game is 666 billion times more heavy than Elex 1 and the graphics aren't much better either.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Sooo, you people knew that pressing the parry button right after the kick does a special attack move? Pressumably with even higher stamina damage. Erm... I didn't. 50 hours in-game, just found out. Damn.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Approximately in the middle of the mountain range between the Castle and the Troll Island lies an entrance to a derelict metro system. There are some pretty strong "Vagrants" inside, 350 EXP each. They attack on sight. Deeper inside what looks like a fairly complex base of theirs the loot happens to show the "Steal.." markers. This indicates these vagrants don't need to be an enemy, or that the area is a part of some quest or something. But how, what, from where? Does anybody know?

Last edited:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Approximately in the middle of the mountain range between the Castle and the Troll Island lies an entrance to a derelict metro system. There are some pretty strong "Vagrants" inside, 350 EXP each. They attack on sight. Deeper inside what looks like a fairly complex base of theirs the loot happens to show the "Steal.." markers. This indicates these vagrants don't need to be an enemy, or that the area is a part of some quest or something. But how, what, from where? Does anybody know?

you'll move through it as part of the Albs main questline and can optionally clear it out for a reward from the clerics

covr

Prophet
Patron
After latest patch it is still unplayable on Xbox Series X. 30 FPS max on idle, empty scenes, less 5 FPS near any waterfall xd
Well, going back to Kotc 2!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I think you are talking about one of albs quest

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
tfw i find out after 50 hours that there's a kick button even though i went through the keybindings more than once

tfw after testing out the kick i find that it does fuck all and barely even works :lol:

NotSerious

Novice
Patron
RPG Wokedex
This game have FSR as an option?

I have 1060 6gb. Want to play but bit nervous on spec req.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I did find a kick at one point when going through settings but I couldnt even be bothered to try it out.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It has to be the biggest wasted opportunity in this game that there is no ruined Hort to explore in the place where it was crushed by the alium tower.

Also seeing as I had to nab the combatbot plans from there, I decided to check out what's inside the alium tower.

good lord

If this is going to be the endgame content, I know right now that I'm going to hate every minute of it.

Also I finally gave up and lowered the difficulty to Normal. I just can't even with this fucking shit anymore. Actually I'm considering taking it down even further to story mode because the faster this utter fucking cock and ball torture is over, the better.

I also find it very funny that there's a munster here actually called "Genestealer". I don't think PB are quite aware what kind of forces they are messing with.

Edit: Actually yeah fuck this, tourist mode it is.

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane

you'll move through it as part of the Albs main questline and can optionally clear it out for a reward from the clerics

Before or after actually joining them?

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This game have FSR as an option?

I have 1060 6gb. Want to play but bit nervous on spec req.
No FSR or DLSS. Game includes internal resolution scaling, but it sucks.

I'd be interested if Lossless Scaling looks and works alright here, but I'm not willing to pay for the app just to experiment. Anyone?
I'd just wait for the !patch!. It's pretty certain to arrive, they can't let the game disappear in this state, because that would mean almost certain death for PB.

You don't need FSR anymore if you have a 5000 Radeon card or newer, Radeon released "Super Resolution" that is FSR on the driver level that "It just works". Tried it out on the TV for 4K upscaling, it worked well. Switching over to that instead of downscaling and Image Sharpening.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You don't need FSR anymore if you have a 5000 Radeon card or newer, Radeon released "Super Resolution" that is FSR on the driver level that "It just works". Tried it out on the TV for 4K upscaling, it worked well. Switching over to that instead of downscaling and Image Sharpening.
An upscaling method implemented in the game engine will be better than one that is driver-based.

Why? Because the devs can implement it at the optimal moment in the rendering pipeline, say before some effects and UI rendering, while the driver can only upscale the fully rendered image. That means the driver solution will also upscale the UI, which will appear blurry, while the in-engine solution will upscale what has to be upscaled, and then render the UI at full resolution, insuring the UI and text remains sharp.

So, FSR (in-engine) > RSR (driver-based) when both are available. The advantage of the driver solution is that it will work with all games.

soulburner

Cipher
FSR implemented within the game has the advantage (aside from being hardware agnostic) of the upscaling being applied to the actual 3D portion of the rendering only, exclusing menus, fonts and stuff, which will remain sharp. Using RSR is a general approach which will also process text, menus and such. It's pretty cool for Radeon owners, of course, as they do not need to use any additional software and just tick a box in the control panel. And then there is FSR 2.0, which will not be implemented on the driver level, as it requires specific motion information from the engine.

Nvidia offers a similar technique, but their solution, NIS, is quite inferior. FSR and RSR can work pretty great in 1080p resolution, even when upscaling from 720p - it only makes the image feel a little "plasticy", but the performance uplift is worth it. The higher the resolution, the better, of course. NIS looks terrible in comparison, at least in 1080p where the source resolution is quite low, but AMD's solution does wonders in comparison. I hope Nvidia comes up with some "deep learning" alternative soon.

The Lossless Scaling software seems interesting for non-Radeon owners, so I might buy it later today and report my findings.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
It has to be the biggest wasted opportunity in this game that there is no ruined Hort to explore in the place where it was crushed by the alium tower.

Also seeing as I had to nab the combatbot plans from there, I decided to check out what's inside the alium tower.

good lord

If this is going to be the endgame content, I know right now that I'm going to hate every minute of it.

Also I finally gave up and lowered the difficulty to Normal. I just can't even with this fucking shit anymore. Actually I'm considering taking it down even further to story mode because the faster this utter fucking cock and ball torture is over, the better.

I also find it very funny that there's a munster here actually called "Genestealer". I don't think PB are quite aware what kind of forces they are messing with.

Edit: Actually yeah fuck this, tourist mode it is.
By alium tower you mean those alien structrures with AWESOME PINK LAZERS?

Enjoy going through five or six of them throughout the game.

Then going into the FINAL one full of enemies. BUT THERE'S A TWIST! To get to that final one you have to go through an entire area full of enemies too! (Actually, you don't, just use jetpack to fly over them and ignore half the additional combat).

And get ready for some SAD DRAMATIC PLOT TWISTS to which NPCs don't react or have broken reactions

- Dad, i'm going to kill myself
- Oh no, please no
- I am! *kills himself*
- oh no, pleaso oh no

Later that day:
- I have to talk to you about our son
- Yeah?
- He made decision to go to some place, but it was his decision, I couldn't stop him
- Okay, I hope he'll be okay
- Me too

Even later that day next to dead son's body:
- Hey, how are you doing, the guard of my son
- ALright, I won't make mistake of letting your son off my eyes anymore so nothing will happen to him!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom