Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I would really like to finish it first, so... no idea.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
even if you go factionless
you will still have to pick your favorite and be attacked by other ones lol. Why allow to go factionless in first place then?

vota DC

Augur
even if you go factionless
you will still have to pick your favorite and be attacked by other ones lol. Why allow to go factionless in first place then?
I started a factionless with High destruction game but with Cleric low destruction
I used an army of Albs and fight only morkons and rebel robots

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Finally, I've managed to get to the top of the highest skyscraper. I knew there'd be some treasure, and so it has been indeed. Thunderclap shotgun. The damage is insane.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Players voicing less or more valid points on Elex being dissapointing or cool...
...me now minding one of the true purposes; becoming the monopoly-owner of cigarette business in the whole Magalan...

84E6FD967AC57C8CE497A2C8BFEFA6E09B511538

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
But when is it? I read that it happens in Chapter 3. I was just wondering if anyone here could confirm that.

It is made quite clear to you via dialogue from the head honchos when you encounter the point of no return in terms of locking into a faction.
When you speak to the science bro at your homebase and report back, you'll know you're locked out of joining a faction via dialogue as well - or alternatively at the very least after you unlock the achievement for not joining a faction.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
But when is it? I read that it happens in Chapter 3. I was just wondering if anyone here could confirm that.

It is made quite clear to you via dialogue from the head honchos when you encounter the point of no return in terms of locking into a faction.
When you speak to the science bro at your homebase and report back, you'll know you're locked out of joining a faction via dialogue as well - or alternatively at the very least after you unlock the achievement for not joining a faction.
there is a quest entry to join a faction. It will fail after exhausting all the dialogue options with old man so you will know it when to load a save

JDR13

Arcane

there is a quest entry to join a faction. It will fail after exhausting all the dialogue options with old man so you will know it when to load a save

If you mean the quest called "A Common Path" in Chapter 1, that's not the last chance to join a faction. That quest gets cancelled if you advance to Chapter 2 without completing it, but you can still join a faction.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So I decided to play this abomination of a game.
Controlling Jax feels like driving a truck, seeing the camera jump up and down.
I'm at the beginning and I'm having fun rebuilding the castle of the hybrid.
Somehow they regressed in all technical aspects even compared to Gothic 3.
This is a new low.
But it's playable if you're bored like me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The more I play this, the more bothered I am by the exploration and the more uninspired I find it.

- What's the point of having all those old places to revisit when you can't actually revisit them or there's nothing new there? I've already mentioned no ruined Hort, but the two ruined converters being locked up comes as a close second to being the biggest and most mind-boggling exploration disappointments I've seen so far.
- I dare say there are just next to no cool places to actually stumble upon.
- Most of the exploration consists of finding broken crates with plush animals and old pots (including Alb supply crates, FFS)
- This is a big one: there are almost no people in the wilderness to give you quests. It's like all the quests are available only in settlements, while the wilderness is there only to bash things dead. I've met only a handful of lone dudes here and there, and not a single place like a farm with friendly dudes or junk collectors in some old ruin or some hermit or whatever the hell. It's just angry munsters all the way down.

sigh

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
- This is a big one: there are almost no people in the wilderness to give you quests. It's like all the quests are available only in settlements, while the wilderness is there only to bash things dead. I've met only a handful of lone dudes here and there, and not a single place like a farm with friendly dudes or junk collectors in some old ruin or some hermit or whatever the hell. It's just angry munsters all the way down.
yeat for some reason 3 companions are to be found randomly. Without any indication that would point their way

JDR13

Arcane
It's explained in-game what happened to the Hort.

I agree that it would be cool to revisit more areas from the first game, but the map is already larger than Elex 1 with more locations overall.

It also makes sense that there would be few random NPCs outside of the settlements. It's already a dangerous world to begin with, and now there are the invaders in addition to that. That said, I've found several people that gave me quests.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Haven't played a lot but I agree about the exploration part.
The game world is packed with hostiles, it's like I'm playing an mmo.

soulburner

Cipher
What I liked about Elex 1 was that you could find bits and pieces of the history. What the hell is Calaan? Who knew the comet would hit? How people dealt with the aftermath. Stuff like that. It's all gone in Elex 2. Walking around the world, finding some ruins, expecting something cool inside, but there's just a few bits of scrap. Kind of encourages to just go with the flow of the quests and use the teleporters.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's explained in-game what happened to the Hort.

Yes. An alium tower fell on it and pressed it into the earth. Sounds like an excellent opportunity to have a combined ruined-hort-alien-tower location. Nope!

I agree that it would be cool to revisit more areas from the first game, but the map is already larger than Elex 1 with more locations overall.

Strong doubt. Edan and Abessa combined were much bigger than Carakis and Ateris.

It also makes sense that there would be few random NPCs outside of the settlements. It's already a dangerous world to begin with, and now there are the invaders in addition to that.

Nonsense. All of that was true in Elex 1 and it had plenty of friendlies out there in the wild.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The map overall is still bigger in Elex 2. You can doubt all you want though.

And yet Edan and Abessa combined are still much bigger than Carakis and Ateris, while nu-Ignadon is slightly shrunk compared to the old.

Really? I must have missed the Skyand invasion in the first game.

Back then it was called the Alb invasion. You know, that thing with the yuge converters sucking the life out of everything everywhere.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What I liked about Elex 1 was that you could find bits and pieces of the history. What the hell is Calaan? Who knew the comet would hit? How people dealt with the aftermath. Stuff like that. It's all gone in Elex 2. Walking around the world, finding some ruins, expecting something cool inside, but there's just a few bits of scrap. Kind of encourages to just go with the flow of the quests and use the teleporters.
Killing my enthousiam right there, soulburner.

I had the plan to play when I went on vacation in a few weeks. Now I'm less and less sure. Might as well jack off to scat videos for the true german experience.

Codex Year of the Donut
Elex 2's map is smaller, this isn't even debatable. You'd have to include the out of bounds areas containing nothing for it to come close.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom