Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

vota DC

Augur
With gas Mask + tier 2 elemental resistance skill you can go west.....there Is poisoned world that Is huge but empty. There are very few ruins too, just a couple of trees but many rivers and waterfalls. No enemies or items to pick.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, why did I not think about the gas mask. ALthough it's kinda like exploring Redaxium - plenty of areas with nothing interesting.

vota DC

Augur
Now that I think about you start that you forgot how to fight, then when you rebuild the bastion back better you start to say gibberish "Jarcs amodah trunalimunumaprzure" and then you are in the other side of the map but you have no idea how you get there....I mean Elex 2 is Biden rpg!

soulburner

Cipher
Tested Elex 2 with Magpie and FSR scaling. 1280x800 -> 1920x1200 looks ugly, runs significantly better than native, but still stuttering. 1680x1050 -> 1920x1200 looks great, the fps is generally something like up to 7 fps better, but it seems like there's even more frame pacing issues than native. Conclusion: FSR, at least in the form of a freeware utility and on Nvidia, does not help Elex 2.

Image quality wise, though, it absolutely destroys Nvidia's NIS.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Holy fucking shit men I just tried giving alb magix a spin to see how it works, and am I missing something or does it JUST NOT WORK AT ALL?!

Jakusu is flailing his arms like a retard shoopin ice bolts at whatever is targeted but it's maybe 1 in 10 or something attacks that actually hit the target, no matter the range. WTF? It's IMPOSSIBLE that anyone gave it even a modicum of testing FFS.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Holy fucking shit men I just tried giving alb magix a spin to see how it works, and am I missing something or does it JUST NOT WORK AT ALL?!

Jakusu is flailing his arms like a retard shoopin ice bolts at whatever is targeted but it's maybe 1 in 10 or something attacks that actually hit the target, no matter the range. WTF? It's IMPOSSIBLE that anyone gave it even a modicum of testing FFS.

only seen NPC albs use some magic. looked glitchy, but seemed to kill just fine. probably not using ice bolts tho

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
wait until jaxxx starts throwing magix in cutscenes even though your character knows none

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Zarix
...wielding something akin to Savior as an Alb. I believe he is definitely not being a triple agent spy turncoat rogue vigilante scumm.

notpl

Arbiter
This game have FSR as an option?

I have 1060 6gb. Want to play but bit nervous on spec req.
No FSR or DLSS. Game includes internal resolution scaling, but it sucks.

I'd be interested if Lossless Scaling looks and works alright here, but I'm not willing to pay for the app just to experiment. Anyone?
I'd just wait for the !patch!. It's pretty certain to arrive, they can't let the game disappear in this state, because that would mean almost certain death for PB.
Sales/critical reception genuinely do not mean anything for PB, their salaries are paid for by EU arts grants and german tax credits, the same way Uwe Boll makes his movies. If they don't make a profit they will be bailed out.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game have FSR as an option?

I have 1060 6gb. Want to play but bit nervous on spec req.
No FSR or DLSS. Game includes internal resolution scaling, but it sucks.

I'd be interested if Lossless Scaling looks and works alright here, but I'm not willing to pay for the app just to experiment. Anyone?
I'd just wait for the !patch!. It's pretty certain to arrive, they can't let the game disappear in this state, because that would mean almost certain death for PB.
Sales/critical reception genuinely do not mean anything for PB, their salaries are paid for by EU arts grants and german tax credits, the same way Uwe Boll makes his movies. If they don't make a profit they will be bailed out.
That's actually more true than you'd think.

That's how TaleWorlds is making Mount & Blade 2 for... uh... over 12 years now? They don't even bother to patch the EA much anymore. It's all EU and Turkish money keeping them alive forever.

CDProjekt also had fuckton of EU and Polish grants, some for Twitchers and A LOT for Cyberprank (I remember one specific grant being to make the most realistic city simulation or something lol).

Some gaming companies are the "national treasures" and that's why they don't even care about wrecking stuff up.

As a Pole I'm mostly disappointed about CDProjekt, because there is so many things that is wrong with this company, at the same time there are some good gaming Polish companies (Reality Pump being my favorite) but they work for German publishers, so they never get any grants and they are rushed to release products no matter whether they are finished, hence a clusterfuck with i.e. Vendetta. On the top of it, Germans really like DRMs so their games are ridden with them, meanwhile CDProjekt doesn't mind just releasing .exes with the whole games.

I imagine there might be plenty of lost talent because of similar situations all around the Europe, where one company kept at the top by government bodies suck all the country talents only to waste time and money in mismanagement, and smaller indie studios can afford only few people in consequence.

Antigoon

Augur

You are missing something, I went full Albmagic and could easily mow down whole endgame mobs. If you are using it as a range attack, you actually need to aim first, RMB I think? You can't just spam-attack LMB, that's for sure.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

You are missing something, I went full Albmagic and could easily mow down whole endgame mobs. If you are using it as a range attack, you actually need to aim first, RMB I think? You can't just spam-attack LMB, that's for sure.

i press rmb and nothing happens, what the fuck :prosper:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Darth Roxor - It seems the kick works (as in stagger) raliably only when you kick the enemy at the start (middle?) of their attack. Aside from that its outcome seems wildly different. Some enemies recover quickly and often follow with a fast attack, some seem to be staggered, some are pushed away a bit, some loose more stamina some not as much.

Edit: The start of an attack doesn't mean the delay move but the moment the weapon / claw / beak etc. has started to move towards the PC. Hence the failed attempts at parry and kicks. The game baits the player to parry / kick too soon. But you already know that, I am sure. By the way it's quite similar to Darksiders 3 in this regard.

Last edited:

Antigoon

Augur
no, i only gave the basic ice bolt a try so far

I suppose you mean the Ice Fist. That one is useless, upgrade to Chain Lightning. WIth that you can take down those late game bullet sponges quite a bit faster compared to regular range attacks. Blizzard is mostly useful for taking out weak mobs in one hit, so pretty useless overall.

Baldanders

Novice
Been loving how janky this game is until a hacked colossus spawned inside the ground, game over without noclip.

Konjad

Patron
Been loving how janky this game is until a hacked colossus spawned inside the ground, game over without noclip.
At the end of the game some NPCs were spawning under the ground for me. It took me a while to "fix" them so I am able to continue the game...

vota DC

Augur
no, i only gave the basic ice bolt a try so far

I suppose you mean the Ice Fist. That one is useless, upgrade to Chain Lightning. WIth that you can take down those late game bullet sponges quite a bit faster compared to regular range attacks. Blizzard is mostly useful for taking out weak mobs in one hit, so pretty useless overall.
How do you equip It? I can choose ice fist or blizzard but the lightning doesn't appear.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
You use Chain Lightning with the Ice Fist skill equipped. IIRC you have to "aim and shoot" like you would with a ranged weapon. So with default controls hold right mouse button + use left mouse button? I already forgot a bit since playing last month.

Baldanders

Novice
At the end of the game some NPCs were spawning under the ground for me. It took me a while to "fix" them so I am able to continue the game...

I actually just waited and it eventually decided the enemy was dead, so actually the quest was well designed to account for this.

Come to think of it, the game did not crash once in ~40 hours.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
After lawnmowing Ignadon and Ateris and now proceeding to Tavar, I feel like I've lost a lot of my will to play this game. Ultimately it just feels uninteresting, especially compared to its predecessor. What a disappointment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom