Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Just compare :
H8rHhQz.png

iPCQrHg.png

---------------------------

Talking about magic in Elex 2, I will be honest. IS servisable but not great.

Gothic 1 had 20 spells. More than Elex 2 for all factions and this counting only runes. There are also unique scrolls with unique effects in G1. As an Alb in E2, I have :
  • Ice fist, an melee ice attack which has less range than some melee weapons
  • AoE few meters charge attack
  • Blizzard which is an AoE around the caster for few seconds which takes a lot of "elex/mana"
  • Chain lightning, melee range chargin spell which eats my mana a lot
  • Heal
And that is it. Not a single long range spell. This seems bad? But is not. You can using your jetpack get close to enemies pretty quickly and for flying enemies, you can use your energy rifle. USing anything other than basic punch destroys your "blue bar" and you can replenishes it only by "drinking" elex from corpses. No potions nor anything similar, nor resting restores this bar.

That makes playing as an Alb pure mage impossible.

But some spells can be quite powerful

VnNSR2s.png

And I've heard that Berserkers are even better.

But since I played as a Berserker in the first game, decided to be an Alb and sadly seems like Berserkers are now restricted to fire only and btw, ice fist is worthless in E1. I used far more my bow till I got my second spell which was poison. Poison was so deadly, I was deleting high level mobs.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Just compare :
H8rHhQz.png

iPCQrHg.png

---------------------------

Talking about magic in Elex 2, I will be honest. IS servisable but not great.

Gothic 1 had 20 spells. More than Elex 2 for all factions and this counting only runes. There are also unique scrolls with unique effects in G1. As an Alb in E2, I have :
  • Ice fist, an melee ice attack which has less range than some melee weapons
  • AoE few meters charge attack
  • Blizzard which is an AoE around the caster for few seconds which takes a lot of "elex/mana"
  • Chain lightning, melee range chargin spell which eats my mana a lot
  • Heal
And that is it. Not a single long range spell. This seems bad? But is not. You can using your jetpack get close to enemies pretty quickly and for flying enemies, you can use your energy rifle. USing anything other than basic punch destroys your "blue bar" and you can replenishes it only by "drinking" elex from corpses. No potions nor anything similar, nor resting restores this bar.

That makes playing as an Alb pure mage impossible.

But some spells can be quite powerful

VnNSR2s.png

And I've heard that Berserkers are even better.

But since I played as a Berserker in the first game, decided to be an Alb and sadly seems like Berserkers are now restricted to fire only and btw, ice fist is worthless in E1. I used far more my bow till I got my second spell which was poison. Poison was so deadly, I was deleting high level mobs.
Lmao look at you having to reach and compare a six year old Guts to a fifteen year old Twinkie

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Dark Schneider at 6 yo would be able to turn adult Guts with Berserk armor and dragonslayer into dust without even using his stronger spells and even if somehow he could't use magic, he would win physically alone.

How?

Also, other question.

Is truth that PB wanna launch the DLC around now? Not only they had the """genial""" idea of launching an open world third person ARPG around the same time of Elden Ring but will gonna also do the same with the DLC???

Other question. Why they can't make more great water/cold magic? This was so great in G3. Sadly the new alb spells are very lackluster and in e1, ice fist is by far the worst magical ""weapon""

Peachcurl

Cipher
I don't remember them announcing any expansion or DLC, so I doubt there'll be anything coming soon. Not sure what PB is working on right now.

And regarding magic: I think they neglected it, because they probably couldn't convince themselves it's important for a scifi game...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

IS fantasy + sci fi + post apocalyptic in a single game.

And in E1, Clerics where the most popular faction, then Berserker and very few people liked the "outlaws" and both, BER/CLE had access to "magery", in case of clerics is psionics but is almost the same shit.

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Ideally they looked at CoM, realising a bunch of Poles made a better game than they've been able to for years, for free, using their own engine/assets/etc and went green with envy, afterwards begging THQ Nordic to let them prove to us they can do better. In that ideal world we would get yet another Gothic game in the Gothic 2 engine, by PB in their return to form. Alas, we don't live in that world.

vmar

Savant
Finally came back to this since they released some performance patches and it's actually playable now. I was a huge Elex fanboy, and a PB fanboy as well, but I'm not so sure about the sequel. New jetpack is nice but virtually everything else feels worse than the first game. As soon as I saw that Rat is now in charge of the nu-Berserkers I had a bad feeling. Combat feels terrible, exploration is boring, and Dex is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. I feel like they were trying to go for God of War vibes with the whole absent father thing but simply adding some annoying little mongoloid brat to the game isn't the way to do it. Not sure I'm even gonna finish this one, especially after reading this thread and seeing what awaits in endgame. This game is so bad I'm sitting here questioning if Elex 1 was actually a good game or if I just liked zipping around on a jetpack and looting cigs.

Hellion

Arcane
This is probably the only Elex II-related thing they've been working on.

JAX, DEX... AND MACS! OPEN WORLD SCIENE-FANTASY RPG ELEX II IS COMING TO MAC IN JUNE 2023

Essen, Germany / Vienna, Austria - May 30, 2023: Following its successful launch on Windows PC and console, Piranha Bytes presents the highly ambitious Science-Fantasy-RPG, ELEX II, is coming to Mac. Available this summer on the Mac App Store, ELEX II stands as one of the pioneering titles to fully embrace the GPU driven pipelines with Indirect Command Buffer (ICB) approach on Mac. ELEX II is also among the select few games that have shaders specifically optimised for the Metal shading language.

For those seeking more technical details, please refer to the following information: https://shorturl.at/hiqBF

ELEX II offers players a vibrant open world to explore, featuring five major factions, each with their own captivating story arc for players to engage with and experience. The game's fictional world of Magalan is teeming with extraordinary creatures, hidden secrets, and breathtaking vistas. As an explorer, the possibilities are boundless—you can venture to every location you encounter within the game. By utilizing a jetpack, you can soar to the top of ancient skyscrapers or gracefully descend like a feather into the depths of an underground cave, all without risking your hero's legs.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is probably the only Elex II-related thing they've been working on.

JAX, DEX... AND MACS! OPEN WORLD SCIENE-FANTASY RPG ELEX II IS COMING TO MAC IN JUNE 2023

Essen, Germany / Vienna, Austria - May 30, 2023: Following its successful launch on Windows PC and console, Piranha Bytes presents the highly ambitious Science-Fantasy-RPG, ELEX II, is coming to Mac. Available this summer on the Mac App Store, ELEX II stands as one of the pioneering titles to fully embrace the GPU driven pipelines with Indirect Command Buffer (ICB) approach on Mac. ELEX II is also among the select few games that have shaders specifically optimised for the Metal shading language.

For those seeking more technical details, please refer to the following information: https://shorturl.at/hiqBF

ELEX II offers players a vibrant open world to explore, featuring five major factions, each with their own captivating story arc for players to engage with and experience. The game's fictional world of Magalan is teeming with extraordinary creatures, hidden secrets, and breathtaking vistas. As an explorer, the possibilities are boundless—you can venture to every location you encounter within the game. By utilizing a jetpack, you can soar to the top of ancient skyscrapers or gracefully descend like a feather into the depths of an underground cave, all without risking your hero's legs.

I played e1 and 2 in linux without any problem. Does proton and dxvk works in mac?

And dlc? Any news about dlc?

welly321

Scholar
Finally came back to this since they released some performance patches and it's actually playable now. I was a huge Elex fanboy, and a PB fanboy as well, but I'm not so sure about the sequel. New jetpack is nice but virtually everything else feels worse than the first game. As soon as I saw that Rat is now in charge of the nu-Berserkers I had a bad feeling. Combat feels terrible, exploration is boring, and Dex is one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen. I feel like they were trying to go for God of War vibes with the whole absent father thing but simply adding some annoying little mongoloid brat to the game isn't the way to do it. Not sure I'm even gonna finish this one, especially after reading this thread and seeing what awaits in endgame. This game is so bad I'm sitting here questioning if Elex 1 was actually a good game or if I just liked zipping around on a jetpack and looting cigs.
Dont feel bad, I felt the exact same. I started questioning why I liked Elex 1 so much and I tried to go back and play elex 1 and I just couldnt do it. Leave it to PB to make a sequel so bad that it made me dislike the original as well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dont feel bad, I felt the exact same. I started questioning why I liked Elex 1 so much and I tried to go back and play elex 1 and I just couldnt do it. Leave it to PB to make a sequel so bad that it made me dislike the original as well.
I replayed ELEX just before the sequel came out and I can confirm it's still GOAT
RetardedDancingDonut.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom