Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Ryzer

Arcane
Elex 1 was so good that most people simply avoid playing in melee altogether out of broken hitboxes, combat system and enemy AI.
That said some of the complaints about Elex II stems from Elex 1, like scavenging the world only to find boring shit like toilet papers.

Ryzer

Arcane
There are so many completely broken mechanics in Elex 1, it makes me wonder if they ever play-tested it at all. The attributes system outright lying to the player, the Cleric stun-locking capacities costing a few mana points, the plasma rifle indefinitly stun-locking enemies while the laser rifle is absolute wank, the berserker abilities are all trash and useless, the fixed merchants + the fact that said merchant's inventory reset every time you talk to them, the atrocious UI, the pathetic boss combat, the unpredictable robot attacks, the auto-guided and undodgeable ranged attacks, the fact that you can't see the number of HP, the Elex potions giving you god powers in exchange of nothing, the fact you can't see the cold meter, the fact that the character and the inventory were atrociously consolized and show nothing interesting to the player, the untold number of useless crap scattered in the game serving no purpose, etc...

Last edited:

ResetRPG

Novice
Can't wait for the end of the trilogy to be an unplayable shitshow.

I will love every second of it.

Thank you, Germany, for making very bad good games, you have changed my life. :salute:

I don't think it's the amount of enemies in the end game. The main thing is a story telling issue. They don't know how to properly end their stories.
This. Whoever plans out the narrative beats of their games and the high-level plot decisions really needs to be let go.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/marketing-pr/piranha-bytes-elex-3-2026-bmwk/
Elex 3 is confirmed for release in 2026.

It's good that the German government spends money not only on migrants, but also on Elex 3!

And, of course, Jax will be the main character. I mean it is evident and undeniable that Jax is the most interesting and well-developed character in RPGs since the Nameless One from PS: T. Maybe, even since Jesus from the New Testament.

Fearlessjay

Novice
I've felt that way about most of Piranha Bytes games yet I always come back to them. They are unique, I'll give them that. I only finished Elex last year after only playing brief moments since it was released. It was bad even for them. Still loved it though.

ResetRPG

Novice
I've felt that way about most of Piranha Bytes games yet I always come back to them. They are unique, I'll give them that. I only finished Elex last year after only playing brief moments since it was released. It was bad even for them. Still loved it though.
Just a certain charm about Piranha Bytes that I can't seem to shake off.

It's always a technical disaster, but they still always end up being a charming and enjoyable experience.

BruceVC

Magister
https://www.gameswirtschaft.de/marketing-pr/piranha-bytes-elex-3-2026-bmwk/
Elex 3 is confirmed for release in 2026.

It's good that the German government spends money not only on migrants, but also on Elex 3!

And, of course, Jax will be the main character. I mean it is evident and undeniable that Jax is the most interesting and well-developed character in RPGs since the Nameless One from PS: T. Maybe, even since Jesus from the New Testament.
Excellent news but its not confirmed it will be ELEX 3

I hope its Elex 3 :bounce:

BruceVC

Magister
Elex 1 was so good that most people simply avoid playing in melee altogether out of broken hitboxes, combat system and enemy AI.
That said some of the complaints about Elex II stems from Elex 1, like scavenging the world only to find boring shit like toilet papers.
Next time you play a game like Elex 1 and you dont understand how combat works just ask me and I will happily explain it, I can imagine how confusing it might be :salute:

Billy Pilgrim

Novice
So ...

Elex 2 > Starfield? Genuinely curious. Playing Elex 2 now (can't recall much from 1. Was a few years ago when I played it).

So far it seems most "issues of today" aren't in Elex 2. Or at the very least, Elex 2 isn't taking every single opportunity like Starfield to scream at the top of its lungs "LOOK HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE!"

Total honest, haven't played Starfield, but judging by the thread on the Codex, I don't think I really will.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
There are so many completely broken mechanics in Elex 1, it makes me wonder if they ever play-tested it at all. The attributes system outright lying to the player, the Cleric stun-locking capacities costing a few mana points, the plasma rifle indefinitly stun-locking enemies while the laser rifle is absolute wank, the berserker abilities are all trash and useless, the fixed merchants + the fact that said merchant's inventory reset every time you talk to them, the atrocious UI, the pathetic boss combat, the unpredictable robot attacks, the auto-guided and undodgeable ranged attacks, the fact that you can't see the number of HP, the Elex potions giving you god powers in exchange of nothing, the fact you can't see the cold meter, the fact that the character and the inventory were atrociously consolized and show nothing interesting to the player, the untold number of useless crap scattered in the game serving no purpose, etc...

I had hopes for ELEX but it's more of a patriotic meme than anything else

Art direction, UI, combat, guilds, dialogue, are all very shitty.

Once those cutscenes start it seems like Captain America made the game and you feel 3x dumber

exploration is good, but you are exploring a boring mundane world

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom