Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
German gaming event goes all-digital, gets taken over by North Americans like Geoff Keighley and IGN, actual German developers get crowded out. Sad!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ELEX 2 will be shown at THQ Nordic Showcase.

To celebrate our 10th anniversary, we are throwing a digital party! Join us for the first, official THQ Nordic digital showcase event on September 17th at 9 pm CEST / 12 PM PST / 8 PM BST / 10 PM MSK on YouTube, Twitch, and Steam.

The showcase will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, executive producer and host of The Game Awards, and will feature six new games. Witness the return of legendary franchises and sequels to beloved games. We hope you are ready, kids!

Additionally, we will also release new information and footage for our upcoming games, ELEX II and Expeditions: Rome. If you tune in early, you might also get a glimpse of what our friends at HandyGames have been up to!

Murk

Arcane
I think that's a done up version of the 'Critter' from Elex 1.

I always thought they were amphibian/frog-esque.

BruceVC

Magister
I played ELEX about 7-8 months ago and I absolutely loved it, I am a huge fan of the PB RPG design which always includes

1. No hand holding when it comes to certain monsters and places on the map.....you will irrefutably get killed by certain enemies until you high enough level
  2. Factions that you eventually need to join to progress the main quest
  3. True Sandbox like Elder Scroll games where you can go more or less anywhere you want in the interests of exploring
  4. Crafting and important ingredient gathering like herbs
  5. A myriad of interesting and sometimes banal quests but they allow you to progress with level advancement

I have played all the Gothic and Risen games and I also loved them but ELEX for me was basically a culmination of everything PB has learnt over the years and just made better
So I am definitely excited about ELEX 2 and its a " day 1 purchase " for sure :salute:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it helps that in BP games all the usable ingredients have unique 3D models compared to something like witcher / skyrim that usable plants looks more or less like the regular foliage with different textures. if you can see it, you can tell wether it's healing plant or mana plant, or troll leaf / whatever. and each size of plant have different models too makes it so much convenient to forage without depending on stupid map icons.

BruceVC

Magister
it helps that in BP games all the usable ingredients have unique 3D models compared to something like witcher / skyrim that usable plants looks more or less like the regular foliage with different textures. if you can see it, you can tell wether it's healing plant or mana plant, or troll leaf / whatever. and each size of plant have different models too makes it so much convenient to forage without depending on stupid map icons.

True, I like those types of design decisions and I love exploiting the AI in these types of games
For example I remember when I was level 5 I made a slugbeast follow me back to the Berserker camp, it killed numerous NPCs on the way to the camp which was funny seeing people die trying to kill it but when the slugbeast arrived in the camp it was killed by the high level Berserkers ..very entertaining and I claimed the treasure afterwards :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom