Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX Pre-Release Thread

ortucis

Prophet
That's mostly because Kingdoms of Amalur was initially planned and designed as an MMO. They just couldn't pull it off and ran out of funds (IIRC), so they released what they could.

I know, I followed the development.

The thing is, it can be a fun game IF you don't fuck up and just explore an area until you're bored of it before moving on to a new one. Just do as many side quests and all primary in the area until you're bored of the scenery and the enemies.

I am thinking about replaying it just so I can finish it finally (mostly for my YT channel :P). Will have to plan the progress properly this time around.

PrettyDeadman

Why do the normies hate on ELEX combat (animations)? It's clearly so much superior to Witcher games, and the normies loved them! Is it simply because the MEDIA doesn't say yet that the normies should LOVE ELEX?

Latelistener

Arcane
Why do the normies hate on ELEX combat (animations)? It's clearly so much superior to Witcher games, and the normies loved them! Is it simply because the MEDIA doesn't say yet that the normies should LOVE ELEX?
They released Witcher 2 in alpha state on PC, and then made a patch called Enhanced Edition, but everyone considered it as a "free content for faithful fans".
And then they also sent threatening letters to alleged pirates of Witcher 2, but after they publicly apologized for this, everyone considering it as "great company who listens to its fans".
So now fanboys are willing to sustain everything, including gold shower, because CD Project is so good and care about players.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That really are a good tagline tbh. Not even sarcasm. I barely heard of lavish, and before ELEX never heard of eclectic and xenial.

Exhilarating is more common, but the other 3, despite barely or never hearing it, they are permanently etched into my brain

Latelistener

Arcane
883c.png

deama

Prophet
Anyone know if they're gonna do anything about those spell animations? I was hoping they'd use the ones from Risen 3 cause they looked so nice.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have issues with my eyesight. When I saw ELEX, my eyes were healed. This game is not an RPG, this is simply ELEX. It does not belong to any one genre. It can heal you, it can entertain you, if you do not treat it well, it will hurt you. One does not simply gain the favor of ELEX. To get the favor of ELEX, you need to believe in ELEX. You can not enjoy ELEX if you do not fully understand ELEX.

MasPingon

Arcane
After another heart attack and long hospitalization my grandfather couldn't even walk nor eat by himself. After couple of days in agony he said "I'm tired of this, I want to die now". I've told him ELEX release date is October 17 and ELEX 2 has been already announced. Last time I spoke with my mother, she said he is now training twice a day doing rounds on the staircase.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom