Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Dodo1610

Arcane
Elex has an official Discord? Luckily none of the actual devs are using it Elex 2 is still safe!

:positive:

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Started my 2nd playtrough elex bros. I use the overhaul mod.
Finally getting around to playing this. The overhaul mod actually seems like a sensible choice for a first playthrough. Anyone violently disagree? Any must-have mods?

I like these:
For a 1st playthrough, maybe just grab the Darker Nights one. Improves immersion.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Pleasantly surprised how technically sound the game is; fast saving/loading, no transition loading even when teleporting right across the world, solid 100 FPS performance, no crashes. Shame the combat is worse than Gothic 2...

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finished my 2nd playtru. Definitely appreciate this game more this time around. The first time i was doing a blind, no guide playtrough, and missed a lot of things. I didny find calaan didn't know thorald can give you mana seed, and a lot of the stuff.

Lore wise it's very strong the 2nd time, and discovering facts about how the factions come about and the history of the world was interesting and elex is definitely the most interesting part. Like i feel world heart is just a trap. In the valley, old world heart turn the air and ground into poison. No matter what form it takes, ELEX does its job by turning the lifeform of magalan into whatever the alien wanted. Look at forlorn, they are just mutants but in wood form instead of fleshy abomination. The plant growth isn't a beneficial effect to say, but relative for humans becuase we thrive in where fertile soils are. In the end its the same that converters turn the land into icy wasteland.

I think when the ground run out of elex, the world heart turnass poisonous, so every world heart is a time bomb. Caja also said mana and elex more or less share the same voice. Whatever you do you cannot win.

I wonder how the alien will be fought in elex 2. I don't see a way defeating them trough conventional combat. This is a civilization that can hurl a comet across vast distance and hit a moving target, on top of the comet itself seem to have its own intelligence.

Whatever

INJECT ELEX 2 INTO MY VEINS

ShaggyMoose

Savant
The regular Steam price is AUD $70... I bought it for AUD $14, which according to IsThereAnyDeal was around the lowest point. Greenman Gaming has it for an equivalent price right now!

Dodo1610

Arcane

People have already mentioned it before but here is a recording of the Elex "singing" since I couldn't find any other.

T. Reich

Arcane
What does Psi enchantment do? I put a psi effect on my regent sword II and it doesn't seem to do anything?
I know energy is a rather decent DoT, apparently stasis just negates stamina regen so what does psi do?

Nothing. Stasis doesn't work on enemies either.

The only weapon effects that work are fire, poison, energy and radiation.
All of these add a small dot that igonres enemy armor, which makes them really strong versus tougher enemies.
The best of these are fire and energy, by a small margin.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
What does Psi enchantment do? I put a psi effect on my regent sword II and it doesn't seem to do anything?
I know energy is a rather decent DoT, apparently stasis just negates stamina regen so what does psi do?

All of these add a small dot that igonres enemy armor, which makes them really strong versus tougher enemies.
Really? It doesn't even scale with your psi skill? That sucks, why would PB make an element that's worthless?

T. Reich

Arcane

Really? It doesn't even scale with your psi skill? That sucks, why would PB make an element that's worthless?

Added weapon effects don't scale with anything even when they work.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Playing without joining one for a long time just makes the game unnecessaraly more difficult for you.

Very true, and I wish I had figured this out earlier. I'm at lvl 13, ranged build and still haven't joined. So far lots of kiting monsters into others or cheesing by letting the companion get mauled and then buggering off to make it across the map. Almost every enemy still has a skull and I'm starving for skill points and therefore limited in weapon types. I was purposely avoiding exploiting elex potions but now read that the impact on 'cold' is minimal. Ugh.

T. Reich

Arcane
Playing without joining one for a long time just makes the game unnecessaraly more difficult for you.

Very true, and I wish I had figured this out earlier. I'm at lvl 13, ranged build and still haven't joined. So far lots of kiting monsters into others or cheesing by letting the companion get mauled and then buggering off to make it across the map. Almost every enemy still has a skull and I'm starving for skill points and therefore limited in weapon types. I was purposely avoiding exploiting elex potions but now read that the impact on 'cold' is minimal. Ugh.

You really can't "exploit" what's essentially the core of the game system.
You're supposed to pour elexite into potions to raise stats and essential skills quickly, or the game would feel like shit for too long.
In the beginning you won't have enough resources to craft many of those anyway, and in the endgame (like any Piranha game) you'd be OP anyway.
In fact, in hindsight I'd argue that the BEST thing you could do in the beginning of the game (apart from joining a faction ASAP) is to find a vendor who sells the medium elexite potion recipe ASAP.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Yes, completely agree. I followed the codexian logic of starting off vanilla rather than with the rebalance mod or digging through all 254 pages of this thread for tips.
I was wrongly concerned about later plot lockout if I started off early chugging Elex and maxxing 'cold'.

Another annoyance, particularly for a ranged squishy build: if you intentionally or unintentially pick a fight with an NPC in convo, your companion will just follow you around, often directly in your LOS and not engage. Between this and ammo, there is a distinct melee weapon vortex.

mkultra

Augur
anyone watching the PB's youtube videos? i must say i'm not enjoying them at all, such super generic questions and conclusions, i also think the dude is wrong on a lot of stuff, like saying "vampire" is always a "setting", not a genre. Very few would agree with him. Also why not talk about that game they're making, ELEX 2, wouldn't that be of more interest to their fans than talking about nonsensical things that no one cares for and that they hardly are any experts on. Don't they have anything to show or talk about when it comes to the game they're busy with?

Just seems odd and a wasted opportunity because i do think there's tons of cool stuff they could talk about, e.g Gothic and what inspired them, the Ultima 7 influence etc. I'd love hearing about that. And i wouldnt mind hearing at least something about Elex 2.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom