Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Embracer just bought Middle-earth Enterprises (rights to everything, not just games)

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They also have 227 projects in the pipeline. I don't know if all of them are video games.

J1M

Arcane
The only good thing about the hobbit movie was the song. They should make a musical about the Shire.

Elttharion

Learned
The only good thing about the hobbit movie was the song. They should make a musical about the Shire.
Hey, this scene was funny too.

All the songs were good even if the misty mountains one was very different from how I envisioned it

The first movie was pretty bad but it did had some good moments, even if it felt terribly overstretched. Movies 2 and 3 are outright terrible and should be purged from history.

randir14

Augur
Let's see if the Rings of Power backlash will make WB think twice about screwing with the story and characters in major ways. They already shoehorned a black guy into one of the Mordor DLC's.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
My Lord, Gondor Calls For Aid.
1677305160157.png

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
The first movie was pretty bad but it did had some good moments, even if it felt terribly overstretched. Movies 2 and 3 are outright terrible and should be purged from history
I remember watching the first two and being sort of ok with them, but obviously below the expectations. The third one is an abomination though, had they made 2 films instead of 3 it would probably work so much better.

That being said I'd have to rewatch them. Maybe a year or two ago I've rewatched lotr trilogy and while I remember thinking Fellowship was the worst in the past, now I thought it was the best, so perhaps I'd change my opinion on hobbit too. Do I want to though?

S.torch

Arbiter
Seems like Middle Earth output is ramping up a lot after Christopher Tolkien died.

The Tolkiens don't manage and have never managed any of the corporations that put those aberrations out. So this has nothing to do with them.

These have always produced trash, even before Christopher Tolkien passed away.

ADL

Prophet

Now Jackson — and his writing partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens — are the precious talent Warners hopes to get on board with its efforts after Amazon seemingly fumbled its courtship of the filmmaker (Jackson told THR that Amazon had reached out to him about its series, but then — after the company’s executive shake-up — he was never sent any scripts). Sources say Jackson and Walsh were very frustrated that so many believed they were involved with Amazon’s show, and are now engaging with Warners/New Line, curious as to how they’ll be stewards of J.R.R. Tolkien’s legacy.
Good luck with that. They're gonna have a hell of a time after how much WB fucked with them on The Hobbit films.

ADL

Prophet
"We own Lord of the Rings, and we know we need to be exploiting Lord of the Rings in a very significant fashion and turning that into one of the biggest gaming franchises in the world," Karch said. "And that's obviously something we're going to be doing.

"That's a much better use of resources than some of the other projects that some of our teams have been working on. Working together we have those oppurtunities and we're super excited to see that working relatively quickly."
https://www.eurogamer.net/we-know-we-need-to-be-exploiting-lord-of-the-rings-embattled-embracer-says

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom