Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can we even hope to reach full speed on today's CPUs ?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Can we even hope to reach full speed on today's CPUs ?
By the time the emulator can actually be playable and is going through its optimization stage you will probably have no problems running this or xenia on future mid range cpu's.(around 5-6 years).
But you are gonna probably need a new windows because dx12 will probably be necessary unless vulkan takes of(doubtful).

A user named cat

Cemu is also coming along nicely and should be perfectly playable with current-gen CPUs once they start working on optimization down the line.

flyingjohn

Arcane
So citra is progressing very nice it seems:

There is sound now and there doesn't seem to be much graphical problems minus the slowdown.
And for added bonus the fps isn't so bad on a i5 2500k stock,which means we might be getting ppsspp levels of usability in a couple of years.(in terms of play ability,not in terms of hd bells and whistles)

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be fair, Etrian Mystery Dungeon runs like shit on the console too; with a party of 4 it feels like it's permanently stuck at 12 FPS in the dungeons, even with the 3D off.
It's also a pretty shit game, mostly because of how absolutely fucking retarded companion AI is.

But that's amazing, EMD's graphical rendering is perfect, and the only issue I can see in KH3D is that the particles are rendering on top of everything, it's particularly noticeable at 8:53 around the tentacles.
The audio sounds good for EMD (I assume the pops and stuff come from low FPS), but for KH3D, I suspect they lack resampling, so it's playing unmodified 32kHz audio (Nintendo's standard for some stupid reason) in a 44.1kHz stream/buffer or something, causing it to speed up.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH WOES OF AMIGA AND C64 EMULATION

FIRST AFTER FOREVER USING SOME FUCKED UP INTERNMEDIAART GAMEBASE LAUNCHER FOR C64 I FOUND OUT WINVICE DOES GREAT IN THE COMMAND LINE WITH MY FRONTEND

ALSO TRIED UPDAYING MY SHIT WITH AMIGA AND WINVICE AFTER I FOUND WHDLOAD WAS FREE

GOT RID OF A NAG SCREEN BUT ALSO LOST ESCAPE AS A UNIVERSAL EXIT KEY

Palikka

Arcane
Anyone had any problems with The Dark Spire and desmume? Everything works for me except the map. I can enter the map through the options menu and it shows just fine there but if I press Y the map that comes out is black.. only thing that shows are the icons for special tiles. I can get map working by going to the 3D settings in config and setting the renderer to 'none' but that will make the main screen go blank. Any ideas?

Minor inconvenience but annyoing nonetheless.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
have you tried switching between soft rasterizer and opengl? also if you're using regular desmume stop and go download desmume x432; that alone will probably fix anything.

Palikka

Arcane
Doesn't work :(
I can open the blank map pressing Y, then when I change the renderer to opengl or soft rasterizer the map pops up! But when I exit the map and re-enter it it's blank again.
Weird. The x432 didn't help either.

Oh well, I guess I'm already used to go to the map through the options menu.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
amdus

i'm trying to play wizardry on Anex86 (or np2; game loads fine on either of them) but when starting the campaign it asks me to insert the duplicate disk... i don't know how to get a duplicate disk in anex86. i have the wizardry games both in .fdi and .d88 formats. how do i go about creating the duplicate disk?

A user named cat

Doesn't work :(
I can open the blank map pressing Y, then when I change the renderer to opengl or soft rasterizer the map pops up! But when I exit the map and re-enter it it's blank again.
Weird. The x432 didn't help either.

Oh well, I guess I'm already used to go to the map through the options menu.
I think this is a bug that has plagued Desmume for ages. I tested versions dating all the way back to 2-3 years ago and it's still there. I'd suggest posting on their forums as I'm not sure the author is even aware. His name is Zeromus and he's pretty active there so let him know about it:

http://forums.desmume.org/viewforum.php?id=4

The only other option is to just use no$gba as the map shortcut works fine. This emulator is pretty dated though, no save state support for DS games either: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/nocashgba.html

Zandig Slaytanic

Educated
BROS I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH WOES OF AMIGA AND C64 EMULATION

FIRST AFTER FOREVER USING SOME FUCKED UP INTERNMEDIAART GAMEBASE LAUNCHER FOR C64 I FOUND OUT WINVICE DOES GREAT IN THE COMMAND LINE WITH MY FRONTEND

ALSO TRIED UPDAYING MY SHIT WITH AMIGA AND WINVICE AFTER I FOUND WHDLOAD WAS FREE

GOT RID OF A NAG SCREEN BUT ALSO LOST ESCAPE AS A UNIVERSAL EXIT KEY

For the WHDLoad Quitkey:

- In your Workbench/S/ directory find the file WHDLoad.prefs
- Open the file with Notepad, Notepad++ or text editor
- Find the line - ;QuitKey=$5a
- Un-comment (remove the ; symbol)
- Make the Quitkey to whatever you like....mine is set to Quitkey=$59 which is F10

You can find the Raw Key codes here: http://whdload.de/docs/en/rawkey.html

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
February 14, 2016: PPSSPP 1.2 is out!

As usual, a ton of fixes and improvements:

• A major rework of sceAtrac audio decoding, fixing various music hangs and similar issues
  • Many fixes and workarounds to depth and stencil buffer usage, and also FBO management
  • Audio reverb support
  • Combo keys - custom touch buttons that press multiple PSP buttons
  • 5xBR upscaling on GPU (postprocessing effect)
  • Fix problems with playback of video with mono audio
  • Performance improvements like multithreaded audio mixing
  • ARM64 JIT crash bug fixes
  • GLSL shader cache to reduce stuttering ingame
  • Support render-to-CLUT functionality that some games use to change colors of various monsters
  • x86-64 support on Android
  • Auto-hide on-screen controls after a while of no usage
  • Fixes to prescale UV speedhack, now seems reliable
  • Faster ISO RAM cache
  • New UI for moving around the PSP display on larger screens
  • Minor UI fixes like better slider controls
  • Assorted stability fixes (ffmpeg crash, etc)
  • Volume setting is back
  • Preparations for supporting more graphics APIs
  • AdHoc port offset
  • Support another HD remaster (Sora no Kiseki Kai HD)

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
ZANDIG BRO THANK YOU!!1!!

PHANTASMAL BRO I SUPOSE I COULD USE THAT OR CLOSEMUL OR SOMETHING BUT THE AMIGA SHIT GETS COMPLICATED AND BY THE TIME I WANT TO CHANGE SOMETHING I USUALLY FORGET HOW IT WORKS IN THE FIRST PLACE

flyingjohn

Arcane
Well this is a surprise,it seems that epsxe has been updated.
  • First of all, ePSXe 2.0 now requires Windows Vista or superior. While it could work on Windows XP SP2, it has not been tested.
  • Multi-language support. Currently there is support for English, Spanish, Japanese (thanks to Nekokabu) and Italian (thanks to Domus). If you want to help us translate the emulator to other language let us know at epsxepc@gmail.com.
  • Added a gamelist window. Now you can open a gamelist window by selecting File->Open Gamelist or clicking on the letters "PSX" from the ePSXe logo.
  • Improved CPU/overall timing accuracy.
  • Improved GTE accuracy. and added support for widescreen and subpixel precision (GTE Accuracy hack thank to Edbla).
  • Ported the Soft GPU from the Android version. The new GPU Core requires a videocard supporting OpenGL2 + GLSL shader. Supporting increased internal resolution at x2/x4, brightness profiles, stretching modes, 2D filters (Thanks to Zenju), Shaders (Thanks to Lottes & Hyllian), Scanlines and Sub-pixel precision. (Special thanks to Pete Bernert :)
  • Included the Pete Opengl2 GPU core with support for sub-pixel precission (gte accuracy hack) and memory detection. Millions of thanks to Pete Bernert, Tapcio and Edbla.
  • Teamviewer incompatibility is resolved with the internal GPU plugins.
  • Added a configuration window to select options for the internal SPU Plugin.
  • Fixed support for CDDA music in external SPU plugins.
  • Improved the internal input plugin. Improved multitap andd added autofire support.
  • Added support for Konami Justifier gun using the mouse.
  • External Input plugins support.
  • Added game profile by game.
  • Improved auto-PPF support. (PPv3 and several files by game)
  • Improved cheat support. Fixed cheatcodes gameshark conditional, added increment/decrement types (0x10-11, 0x20-21) and copy type (0xc2).
  • Improved HLE bios emulation. Starting with version 1.9.25, the HLE bios has been improved to support more games: Wild Arms, Jet Moto, Toca World Touring, Simcity 2000. Memcards support was improved for a lot of games such as Dinocrisis 2, Metal Gear Solid, V-Rally2, Diablo, Ridge Racer Type 4, Driver, Echo Night and Azure Dreamns.
  • Fixes to the CD-ROM decoder and the core which made around to 40 more games playable or better working:
It looks to have taken a big update in terms of accuracy.

spekkio

Arcane
Quick tested and the "shaking" effect in Wipeout 2097 still doesn't work.

d86cd857ba25cfb7576f66e5f26b8844.jpg

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
EDIT: never mind, got it. Everything works exactly the same...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom