Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do you get a storage space in a car like fallout or do i have to dump that shit in some container?

Found the ''personal chest'' in the first Gas station you visit from the tutorial location Comrade it was there once i returned from Nashville although the map was changed I think its very asshole move to take your power armor cause muh too small exit... It also looks very much like Atom one btw.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
As for relic slots - the white wing belt gives +1/+2/+3 slots, depending on quality. You get 1 more slot from survival tree. That brings you up to total 5 slots.
Btw a vendor in Junktown called mother (random vendor that changes evwry few days) sells a great relic, Eye of God or something - gives +1 psyche and some other boni.
Also a quest in Magellan white wing level to find a robokid in Sonora bunker rewards you with kawaii ears that give +1 perception and +1 cha.

Quillon

Arcane
They shouldn't have given player a portrait cos the selection of portraits are so few and shit for the player and it woulda fit with the fallout spirituality successy stuffy. Whenever I notice the portrait my immershun ruins
rating_negativeman.png
And no custom portrait option...

Found the ''personal chest'' in the first Gas station you visit

Is it possible to split items in that container's interface? Its really annoying atm
rating_negativeman.png

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Contraption tree is all about utility and its really fun. I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.

Quillon

Arcane
I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.

I ran out of jet pack in the ruined sewers of nashville just now, didn't know it was limited use. Where do we get servoshell?

Sykar

Arcane
I just noticed that Hand-to-Hand has a Drunken Master ability passive. Now I got to play Jackie Chan...

I would recommend it to everyone who went servoshell route because you can use the jetpack to avoid climbing stairs. Its great for combat too.

I ran out of jet pack in the ruined sewers of nashville just now, didn't know it was limited use. Where do we get servoshell?

Very soon in Nashville though only for a short while. Afterwards after the prologue I am not sure.

Quillon

Arcane
While exploring Junktown Slums most of my inventory disappeared, all(pre-junktown items) except equipped onesprolly. There is a small chance I got robbed somehow :P but its prolly a bug, reloaded the autosave, will see.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros I just got to Nashville.
Again.

This is just like If Fallout had a baby with Stalker and that baby went all out on the 70s vibe.

So far not disappointed.

Sykar

Arcane
I bought that starter package for 10 Euros just to support the game. Yeah I like it enough just for that even though I am not even using those extra items since I deem they too powerful for early game. I just leave them in a box in Concorde.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Agh apparently game has several gambling mini-games. Not only does this gf has great ass and nice tits, she also gives great blowjobs!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
how bugged is this game on a scale from 1 (underrail) --to-->10 (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

Trithne

Erudite
Wondering if Fatigue/Hunger/Thirst are working as intended? Seems I can go several days before feeling a bit peckish, but I have to take a 4 day nap after strenuous exercise.

Zyondyne

Learned
Is this one of those RPGs I have to wait at least one year before playing (because of bugs, balancing problems, DLCs already announced or planned etc) or can I jump straight in and I get the complete experience? (like Greedfall, which was mediocre but at least complete and playable from start to finish from day 1)

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite
Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ok.....how do you guys use the teaser or the stun granades ? How do you take down people non lethal?

Right click on them in the inventory and select "add to belt" or right clock on one of your hotbar slots and select them there. For grenades, be aware that you need 30 in contraptions to be able to throw them. Not sure about the taser though.
For non-lethal take down as the hippy Black Wing guy explained in Concorde Station, you need to build up fatigue until they fall unconcious. Taser can take them down instantly for 2 rounds but they wake up after that. I have not done a non-lethal take down character but according to the hippy, some Hand-to-Hand abilities help with that, too.
During a certain fight I also saw a guy swinging a huge bat like weapon and he dealt loads of fatigue damage. High fatigue also incurs substantial penalties.
Yeah,thanks mate. I did all the things but didn't notice that there is a contraption weapon skill. Was using them but didn't detect as an attack and was wondering why. Also it seems that non lethal is pretty bad. You can't one hit them from stealth,and they don't stay down.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So gentlemen, does this actually have a shot at codex GOTY 2021?

Pathfinder is gonna give it its run for its money, Gamedec coming out too, and now ATOM.

Who will win?

Encased seems to be a strong contender, mostly also given the fac that theres such few good sci-fi crpgs
Depends on what do you mean. If you ask if it is good as a goty,then yes. If you ask if kodexers will elect it,then no,most codexers are posers that just vote for the most popular shit,not the best game.

Acrux

Arcane
They shouldn't have given player a portrait cos the selection of portraits are so few and shit for the player and it woulda fit with the fallout spirituality successy stuffy. Whenever I notice the portrait my immershun ruins
rating_negativeman.png
And no custom portrait option...

Agree too few good portraits.

Custom portraits are supposed to be in the first patch coming soon. They said you can apply it to an existing character.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Do you get a storage space in a car like fallout or do i have to dump that shit in some container?

Found the ''personal chest'' in the first Gas station you visit from the tutorial location Comrade it was there once i returned from Nashville although the map was changed I think its very asshole move to take your power armor cause muh too small exit... It also looks very much like Atom one btw.
Haven't noticed that chest lol,will check it out. I just splashed them in some random boxes there. Also i never use power armour,it makes games boring. Stealth is far too op at the moment. I just use that crossbow and spam hit them from stealth and they die.

The game at the moment suffers from the same problem as any other fallout like game,lack of AP. It is pretty annoying when you are fighting a bunch of enemies,makes it in to a waiting game. Have no idea why people say that combat is too easy,at higher difficutly you could find challenge.

Sykar

Arcane
Ok.....how do you guys use the teaser or the stun granades ? How do you take down people non lethal?

Right click on them in the inventory and select "add to belt" or right clock on one of your hotbar slots and select them there. For grenades, be aware that you need 30 in contraptions to be able to throw them. Not sure about the taser though.
For non-lethal take down as the hippy Black Wing guy explained in Concorde Station, you need to build up fatigue until they fall unconcious. Taser can take them down instantly for 2 rounds but they wake up after that. I have not done a non-lethal take down character but according to the hippy, some Hand-to-Hand abilities help with that, too.
During a certain fight I also saw a guy swinging a huge bat like weapon and he dealt loads of fatigue damage. High fatigue also incurs substantial penalties.
Yeah,thanks mate. I did all the things but didn't notice that there is a contraption weapon skill. Was using them but didn't detect as an attack and was wondering why. Also it seems that non lethal is pretty bad. You can't one hit them from stealth,and they don't stay down.

I guess that means you need high AP and probably either melee or hand to hand combat skills both of which provide some heavy fatigue damage. Also sneaking past is probably preferable.

Sykar

Arcane

Haven't noticed that chest lol,will check it out. I just splashed them in some random boxes there. Also i never use power armour,it makes games boring. Stealth is far too op at the moment. I just use that crossbow and spam hit them from stealth and they die.

The game at the moment suffers from the same problem as any other fallout like game,lack of AP. It is pretty annoying when you are fighting a bunch of enemies,makes it in to a waiting game. Have no idea why people say that combat is too easy,at higher difficutly you could find challenge.

The game is harder than Fallout imo at least when comparing normal difficulties. What you need is not so much AP, though that is of course needed as well, but also AoE against groups. I restarted my psionic power armor wearing scientist and all I changed was getting the fire PSI glove for that juice flame thrower ability and suddenly fights became noticable more doable. The drawback is that the ability wears you out quickly but that is what I love about psionics in this game, they have a real drawback.

Using skills also costs fatigue, particularly if you're a psyker. This is on top of the normal drain.

Fatigue gain feels fine, it's just hunger/thirst gain and fatigue recovery from sleep feel too low. Not playing a psyker but I can only imagine they need to drink vast quantities of Energon.

Yes, we do. It is also my most bought and sought after item alongside coffee. And cigarettes!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom