Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Epic launcher being spyware is vastly overblown, especially in Europe. It IS spyware, but no more than Steam. Enjoy the free shit they give out.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
and they still got what they wanted from you.
From their keylogging? Ok, but I don't know what they will do with "...Bust Rack Boobs Titties Juggies Hooters Big Melons Bazoombas Knockers Breasts Billowy Bosoms Cleavage Big Mommy Milkers Bouncy Boulders Busty Babes Ta-Tas Fistful of Coconuts Big Bangers Jiggly Cantaloupes Pink and Perky Milk Monsters Mother Udders Mommy's Maracas Happy Balloons Dirty Pillows Twin Peaks Lady Lumps Honkers Megaboobs Funbags Boobage Cans Chesticles Bewbs Mammaries Gazongas Milk Jugs Headlights Milk Makers Man the Torpedoes Sweater Puppies Cha-Chas Bazookas Smothered By Flesh Pillows..."

Last edited:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
7 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO REBIND KEY OPTION.
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/homeworld-deserts-of-kharak
TRArkHF.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From their keylogging? Ok, but I don't know what they will do with "...Bust Rack Boobs Titties Juggies Hooters Big Melons Bazoombas Knockers Breasts Billowy Bosoms Cleavage Big Mommy Milkers Bouncy Boulders Busty Babes Ta-Tas Fistful of Coconuts Big Bangers Jiggly Cantaloupes Pink and Perky Milk Monsters Mother Udders Mommy's Maracas Happy Balloons Dirty Pillows Twin Peaks Lady Lumps Honkers Megaboobs Funbags Boobage Cans Chesticles Bewbs Mammaries Gazongas Milk Jugs Headlights Milk Makers Man the Torpedoes Sweater Puppies Cha-Chas Bazookas Smothered By Flesh Pillows..."
Saving this for future reference

musouking

Novice
Patron
Finally something useful for my English to add bookmark

FA7

Educated
Dang, he forgot about happy scrappy hero pup :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tim hasn't given up on this: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/n...today-and-introducing-the-now-on-epic-program

Epic First Run launches today, and introducing the Now On Epic program​

By Epic Games

Introducing Epic First Run, our opt-in exclusivity program for third-party developers and publishers on the Epic Games Store. Registration is open through our self-publishing flow in the Epic Developer portal. Check our information page for updates!

Additionally, we are kicking off Now On Epic: a new back catalog incentive program for developers and publishers to bring their previously released products to the Epic Games Store. Now On Epic gives participants the opportunity to boost their net revenue from user spending on eligible products from 88% to 100% in their first six months on the store on all payments processed by Epic Games. After this initial six-month run, participating titles will continue to benefit from Epic’s industry-leading 88%/12% revenue split.

The Epic Games Store is home to a global audience with over 230 million players and 68 million monthly active users. Releasing back-catalog content on the Epic Games Store helps reach new, incremental audiences and ensures that the content that our players are looking for can be consistently discovered. Participants can leverage publisher and franchise sale opportunities to maximize this unique opportunity during their participating titles’ first six months on the Epic Games Store.

Participating in this program requires a commitment to release a minimum of three products that have been released prior to October 31, 2023 and are currently live on another third-party PC storefront (or are included in a third-party subscription service). Participants that do not have three products currently live that meet the above criteria must bring over all products that are live. All participating products must launch by June 30, 2025, though they do not need to launch on the Epic Games Store at the same time.

For more information about Now on Epic, visit our information page.

What is the Now On Epic program?​

Now On Epic is a back catalog incentive program that offers developers and publishers the opportunity to boost their net revenue from user spending on eligible products from 88% to 100% in their first six months after release on the Epic Games Store for any game released before October 31, 2023 on another third-party PC store or included in a third-party subscription service.

When the product has been available for 6 months on the Epic Games Store, the revenue share captured from user spending will revert to Epic’s industry-leading 88%/12%.

You can enroll in the program until December 31, 2024, and all eligible products must be released on the Epic Games Store by June 30, 2025.

Who can participate?​

This program is open to developers and publishers with registered Epic Games developer accounts and eligible products that launched on another storefront or service before October 31, 2023.

Which products are eligible for the program?​

Any product that has been previously released and is currently live on another third-party PC store or included in a third-party subscription service available on another third-party PC store. If you have three or more products on a third-party store or third-party subscription service, you must bring at least three of them to Epic Games Store. If you have less than three, you must bring all of those products to Epic Games Store.

Do Early Access products qualify for the Now On Epic program?​

Yes, any products released as Early Access are eligible for this program.

How do I get an Epic Developer account?​

To create an account, go to the Developer Portal website at dev.epicgames.com/portal and follow the instructions to sign in then register your organization and products. For more information, please see our Developer Portal account creation guide.

Can I release a product now and then apply for the Now On Epic program at a later date?​

Only products released on another third-party PC storefront or third-party subscription service before October 31, 2023 are eligible for the Now On Epic program. Consider launching through the Epic First Run program for similar benefits for new products.

How do I sign up for the Now On Epic program?​

Registration is available through the Epic Games Store Developer Community. Simply log in and start a private discussion with the topic Epic Games Store and the subtopic ‘Now On Epic'. If you’re already a partner, please reach out to your Epic Games Store account manager directly.

General questions about the program? Head over to the Epic Games Store Developer Community to connect with our staff and other developers on this topic and more. If you have a confidential question, please log in and start a private discussion with the topic Epic Games Store and the subtopic ‘Now On Epic'. If you’re already a partner, please reach out to your Epic Games Store account manager directly.

How do I release my product on the Epic Games Store?​

It has never been easier to bring your products to the Epic Games Store. In March this year, we launched our self-service publishing tools to streamline the onboarding and release process. The tools allow developers to register, set up, test and distribute their products all directly through the Epic Developer Portal.

Read more about the benefits and requirements of self-publishing on the Epic Games Store in our self-publishing tools announcement blog, and visit our distribution page to sign up. For more on the Store’s current player numbers and trends, visit our 2022 Year in Review.
tl;dr Developers get 100% of revenue on old games for six months after putting them on the store.

Lacrymas

Arcane
And customers get nothing as always, so who cares.
Well, you get 5% back on purchases of epic store games and these programs should lead to deeper sales, so if you don't have those games somewhere else there's that.
If this should lead to deeper sales, then Epic's "industry-leading" revenue split should've led to that too but surprise, suprise it didn't. The only time I've ever seen a game I've been interested in cheaper on Epic rather than some other official site is with the -25% thing they offer in major sales, which has nothing to do with the revenue split.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sweeney is the most retarded dumbkopf in the industry, for years he stubbornly maintains the EGS doesn't need to be customer friendly like Steam, it can be barebones and basic and lame, what's important is to attract publishers and everything else is downstream.

And for years reality has been showing him what a BS take that is but he still doesn't budge.

What a fucking shame, Epic could've been an actual, serious competition to Steam which would be beneficial for consumers and the industry as a whole because healthy competition is always good. Instead EGS was a joke, is a joke and will be joke, probably forever coz I doubt it's still salvageable.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Steam does have competition in the form of Humble Bundle, GameBillet, GamesPlanet, Fanatical etc. etc. and they are almost always cheaper than Steam, so Epic does less than nothing for customers because they actively hurt competition with their exclusivity bullshit. The Epic store has been and continues to be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in any business ever.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Steam does have competition in the form of Humble Bundle, GameBillet, GamesPlanet, Fanatical etc. etc.
Key sellers is not the kind of competition that'd make Steam quaking in their boots. It's about as threatening as GOG. Plus oftentimes you can't buy addons, DLCs and MTX shit like skins in there, you can't buy Early Access games and I suspect for vast majority of normies these sellers are p. much invisible.

Don't get me wrong, Steam is just about the most benevolent master of a market segment I've ever seen but without proper competition you never know what's possible.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Steam does have competition in the form of Humble Bundle, GameBillet, GamesPlanet, Fanatical etc. etc.
Key sellers is not the kind of competition that'd make Steam quaking in their boots. It's about as threatening as GOG. Plus oftentimes you can't buy addons, DLCs and MTX shit like skins in there, you can't buy Early Access games and I suspect for vast majority of normies these sellers are p. much invisible.

Don't get me wrong, Steam is just about the most benevolent master of a market segment I've ever seen but without proper competition you never know what's possible.
You can buy early access games and dlc in other stores and they are a issue to Steam since Steam put s 5000 keys limit for developers.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You can buy early access games and dlc in other stores
Where can you buy Early Access? I'm using mostly GMG, Humble and Gamesplanet and I've never seen any EA (at least the ones I was interested in).

P.S. There's sometimes EA on GOG but that's it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't know about all early access titles because the only ones I've ever bought are Gloomhaven and Last Epoch. They were indeed only on Steam, but I don't care much about early access. You can get DLCs on all stores that sell the main game, I think you are confusing that with the bundles on Humble Bundle and Fanatical, which indeed do not contain DLCs most of the time (they sometimes do). The "problem" with these sites is that they mostly offer Steam keys, which is not ideal, I prefer GOG, but sometimes they have GOG keys as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom